Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

Are people having an issue with the 'Clear Cut Chances' & 'Half Chances' metric in the Match Stats? In roughly ~6 games with Leeds so far I don't think there have ever been more than 1 CCC per team, if that. 

Is it my tactics, is the metric unreliable in terms of what it deems as a CCC, or is it the ME? Just want to put my mind at ease. 

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

@Armistice, take it easy. You know that was over the line, and I edited it. 

This seems to be a completely different tactic to what you posted a page back. While it could be your setup, it could also be poor movement in the ME itself. You seem to be drastically changing tactics and I don't think it's helping your situation.

You struggle and then go on rants. As I recommended, get proper advice in the tactics forum. Might be worth a PKM in the ME section too, but include how you've setup, for context.

Hang on HUNT3R, how is it my tactic this time around? Struggling against a specific type of sides and roaring about it is one thing, I've never been the quiet type of a guy when things go wrong and that's because I put a lot of my time, effort and passion in the game. But it's not the case of shoving that down my throat, what kind of setup produces three players within 2m square?

1 minute ago, true_valiant said:

So you want to poo his emoji yet only took one of his examples. 

And by the way.. Your comment on being down in the lower leagues with useless part-time players is hilarious. Do some research. Its far easier being Chelsea, competing for the top players in Europe with Man Utd and easily beating teams like Brighton and Newcastle over being Newport County and trying to find players to go up against 23 other teams of pretty much the exact same quality. This is on top of everything else being poorer in the lower leagues including facilities, quality of staff and regens.

Ive done llm... Completed it. 

All the constraints you mention apply to your opponent too. To the point its much more of a level playing field in those divisions where the gap between talent and budget is tiny. The gap between Barcelona and say Huesca or Leganes is monumental, hundreds of million.... Much better facilities, much better players. 

The gap between newport and maidenhead is a slightly bigger shed and newer training bibs. 

Thats why the best teams in top league are fairly consistently top and lose few games... Where lower leagues have greater spread. 

Being Bournemouth competing against Liverpool, City, Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea... Should be a lot tougher than it is.

Just now, Armistice said:

Hang on HUNT3R, how is it my tactic this time around? Struggling against a specific type of sides and roaring about it is one thing, I've never been the quiet type of a guy when things go wrong and that's because I put a lot of my time, effort and passion in the game. But it's not the case of shoving that down my throat, what kind of setup produces three players within 2m square?

I have no idea how you have set up, so I can't say. That's why I said to post in the tactics forum, but also worth posting in the ME forum. At least posting there with details of how you did set up, some context is added. You've shown 2 different matches with 0 shots on target, so it doesn't seem like your tactical setups are great at all, tbh. There may be an ME issue there, which doesn't help, of course. So you can report a possible ME issue, but also get advice on setting up better, all in one go.

Just now, HUNT3R said:

I have no idea how you have set up, so I can't say. That's why I said to post in the tactics forum, but also worth posting in the ME forum. At least posting there with details of how you did set up, some context is added. You've shown 2 different matches with 0 shots on target, so it doesn't seem like your tactical setups are great. So you can report a possible ME issue, but also get advice on setting up better, all in one go.

It is not great because the ME is not great. Otherwise I've learned from the lot of you on the Tactical forums, it's not like I'm miles away from assembling a decent tactic yet the ME makes it like one. As for the setup the front three are a Poacher, a DLF and an AM-A. I tried an AM-S with a screenshot of the positioning posted above.

9 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Ive done llm... Completed it. 

All the constraints you mention apply to your opponent too. To the point its much more of a level playing field in those divisions where the gap between talent and budget is tiny. The gap between Barcelona and say Huesca or Leganes is monumental, hundreds of million.... Much better facilities, much better players. 

The gap between newport and maidenhead is a slightly bigger shed and newer training bibs. 

Thats why the best teams in top league are fairly consistently top and lose few games... Where lower leagues have greater spread. 

Being Bournemouth competing against Liverpool, City, Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea... Should be a lot tougher than it is.

You clearly have no idea about the lower leagues then and the finances and facilities available to certain clubs. Have a look at some of the clubs in League 1, Sunderland, Portsmouth and Coventry. Compare them to Wycombe and Accrington Stanley.

It’s the same in League 2 with the likes of MK Dons and Notts County up against Forest Green and Macclesfield.

A slighter bigger shed and newer training bibs as you so awfully put it is exactly the same as the difference between Bournemouth and Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal.

Well done for completing it though. Kudos to you!

Edited by true_valiant

Just now, Armistice said:

It is not great because the ME is not great. Otherwise I've learned from the lot of you on the Tactical forums, it's not like I'm miles away from assembling a decent tactic yet the ME makes it like one. As for the setup the front three are a Poacher, a DLF and an AM-A. I tried an AM-S with a screenshot of the positioning posted above.

That's why I say, add proper context to a post, ideally both the ME section and tactics section. 3 roles in isolation doesn't mean very much. There's a lot more to it, as I am sure you know. We still have no idea what the actual tactic is or how the passage of play is unfolding. The screenshots don't look good, but a single screenshot only tells you so much.

7 minutes ago, true_valiant said:

You clearly have no idea about the lower leagues then and the finances and facilities available to certain clubs. Have a look at some of the clubs in League 1, Sunderland, Portsmouth and Coventry. Compare them to Wycombe and Accrington Stanley.

It’s the same in League 2 with the likes of MK Dons and Notts County up against Forest Green and Macclesfield.

A slighter bigger shed and newer training bibs as you so awfully put it is exactly the same as the difference between Bournemouth and Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal.

Well done for completing it though. Kudos to you!

Bournemouth should be challenge of course. But you are talking like we didnt try lower leagues and we did. Many times. I made new club in FM17 and start in Eng div2, thats 4th tier league, right? and in 10 seasons i won 3 times Premier League with that club. Isnt that 2 easy ? Plus i was hit with hard Brexit ( and i loved that ) so i couldnt buy wonderkids from other countries. 

Edited by Matej

4 minutes ago, Matej said:

Bournemouth should be challenge of course. But you are talking like we didnt try lower leagues and we did. Many times. I made new club in FM17 and start in Eng div2, thats 4th tier league, right? and in 10 seasons i won 3 times Premier League with that club. Isnt that 2 easy ? Plus i was hit with hard Brexit so i couldnt buy wunderkinds from other countries. 

What do you mean isnt that too easy? It depends on a whole range of factors. Should Leicester have won the PL in 2016? Should Real Madrid have won 3 CL's in a row?? I dont see the problem. 

Edited by true_valiant

4 minutes ago, true_valiant said:

What do you mean isnt that too easy? It depends on a whole range of factors. Should Leicester have won the PL in 2016? Should Real Madrid have won 3 CL's in a row?? I dont see the problem. 

You're just being ignorant now.

13 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

That's why I say, add proper context to a post, ideally both the ME section and tactics section. 3 roles in isolation doesn't mean very much. There's a lot more to it, as I am sure you know. We still have no idea what the actual tactic is or how the passage of play is unfolding. The screenshots don't look good, but a single screenshot only tells you so much.

The best solution would be to stop playing the game and forget it exists, I've been posting on these forums for years now and nothing changed. I'm tired of analyzing and trying to figure what's wrong and what isn't as if this is my second job. If I had put so much effort in my grades while I was a student I'd probaly have been an A+ pupil.

Edited by Armistice

true valiant - if you dont see problem that doesnt mean that problem is not there. Blackburn won Premier League and where is Blackburn now? It can never happen that if we won Premier League in FM, that we get relegated in next few years. 

2 minutes ago, BadAss88 said:

You're just being ignorant now.

Yes he is. First he says why we dont pick lower l. clubs if we want challenge, when we say to him that we had great success with LLC, he says whats the problem. He doesnt think outside the box. 

Just now, Matej said:

Yes he is. First he says why we dont pick lower l. clubs if we want challenge, when we say to him that we had great success with LLC, he says whats the problem. He doesnt think outside the box. 

Im being ignorant? Coming from the posters moaning that the game is too easy :seagull:

58 minutes ago, Armistice said:

This is EXACTLY how strikers & the attacking mid should position themselves in an attacking phase.

lKek1sE.png

Had this issue in the beta:

Haven't found a fix, I am playing a 4312 at the moment, will watch full highlights in next game and see how it goes.

4 hours ago, corn_onthecurb said:

Why was the ability to edit the training schedule from the inbox removed? 

image.thumb.png.3c340e1a34974eecc837534f5b2ff017.png

I'd like to know as well. It pops up, I click to change it, and it does nothing. Seems a bit pointless coming into the inbox if you can't change it from there.

39 minutes ago, true_valiant said:

This is on top of everything else being poorer in the lower leagues including facilities, quality of staff and regens.

Like all the other teams you're playing against as well?

I swear people don't realize that it isn't only your clubs that's terrible when you're in the lower leagues.

1 minute ago, RocheBag said:

Like all the other teams you're playing against as well?

I swear people don't realize that it isn't only your clubs that's terrible when you're in the lower leagues.

Youre missing the point. This is why its harder isnt it? All the sides are terrible. Literally nearly every club in league 2 is exactly the same. It is far easy to improve a club like Newcastle in the game than it is Crewe Alexandra. 

17 minutes ago, craiigman said:

Haven't found a fix, I am playing a 4312 at the moment, will watch full highlights in next game and see how it goes.

You haven’t found a fix because the fix is not within our possibilities.

Edited by Armistice

1 hour ago, Snootch said:

Are people having an issue with the 'Clear Cut Chances' & 'Half Chances' metric in the Match Stats? In roughly ~6 games with Leeds so far I don't think there have ever been more than 1 CCC per team, if that. 

Is it my tactics, is the metric unreliable in terms of what it deems as a CCC, or is it the ME? Just want to put my mind at ease. 

Seems to be calculated weirdly. I've had my striker played in on goal from a through ball and score with no one within 5 yards of him and it gets classed as a half chance. 

26 minutes ago, true_valiant said:

Youre missing the point. This is why its harder isnt it? All the sides are terrible. Literally nearly every club in league 2 is exactly the same. It is far easy to improve a club like Newcastle in the game than it is Crewe Alexandra. 

No, you are missing the point! It's harder to win the Premier League with Newcastle then it is to win the league 2 with Crewe!

Yet both are too easy to accomplish!

Edited by BadAss88

35 minutes ago, true_valiant said:

It is far easy to improve a club like Newcastle in the game than it is Crewe Alexandra. 

No mate. Not in the slightest. I pick a part time team, sign a couple pacey players who are far too good for the level I'm at and I'm off to the races.

At Newcastle you actually have to pay money for your players, every player needs to be upgraded, can't just sign one superstar and let him carry you. When you place a bid the big clubs come in and poach the deal.

My two saves this year have been with AC Milan and a 3rd tier Icelandic part time club. It's been much more difficult to be successful at Milan.

After playing a while with the full release version, I'm starting to be concerned that the AI can't pick a bench to get out of a wet paper bag.

I started noticing they never subbed the players doing badly and was wondering why, so I had my AssMan pick teams and watched what AI teams had on the bench and the selection is AWFUL, no defenders, 6 attackers and a goal keeper, so when my team destroys the defenders they never have anyone to replace them.

My team has Lindelof a CD DR player, but the AI doesn't even put him on the bench, it picked some youth DR and a DL, no DC's.

GK, DL, AMR, ST, MC/AMC, DR, ST/AML

Two strikers on a 4-2-3-1 Wide?? 

The AI teams all come with ultra defensive setups and no focus on a defensive bench???

Probably just slightly annoying to me, but for all teams the social media hashtags are different to what the actual clubs use on social media. Also, no clubs seem to have nicknames? This isn't exactly game destroying, but it would be nice to have it so in the in-game editor in the 'General' tab of 'Edit Club Details', you have the ability to change a club's nickname and hashtag, like you can do in the standard editor (however, I started this save in the beta when that wasn't out yet). The hashtags thing is especially only at all annoying for my club (as that's the only one I really see on the social tab), but I'd like to just bring that extra level of realism to my save.

Yes, I know I was played FM19 in Windows 10, but has a lot of bugs and I was decided to intall Linux as my main operating system (actually use the Ubuntu mate distro) that is more fast and stable than Windows 10. So please understand me and considering to release FM19 for Linux. I'm not a new game user. I BOUGHT THE GAME SINCE 1993. SO PLEASE RELEASE FM19 FOR LINUX. I DON'T WANT TO USE WINDOWS 10 OR OTHER SOFTWARE OR OPERATING SYSTEM, ONLY LINUX. CONSIDERING THAT I'M A VERY OLD USER OF THE GAME PLEASE!

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, hernansuperstar said:

Yes, I know I was played FM19 in Windows 10, but has a lot of bugs and I was decided to intall Linux as my main operating system (actually use the Ubuntu mate distro) that is more fast and stable than Windows 10. So please understand me and considering to release FM19 for Linux. I'm not a new game user. I BOUGHT THE GAME SINCE 1993. SO PLEASE RELEASE FM19 FOR LINUX. I DON'T WANT TO USE WINDOWS 10 OR OTHER SOFTWARE OR OPERATING SYSTEM, ONLY LINUX. CONSIDERING THAT I'M A VERY OLD USER OF THE GAME PLEASE!

Sorry it won't be happening. Miles stated during the announcement phase that it simply wasn't covering the development costs (coding and QA) to be viable. Simply put, releasing on Linux was loss-making. 

1 hour ago, Armistice said:

You haven’t found a fix because the fix is not within our possibilities.

Just finished my friendly vs Inter. Had no problems with the strikers movement or grouping together, however because it was Inter they played a high line and my AP was just pinging balls over the top to them/we were breaking on counters. Although I did still have like 65% possession in the first half, I ended with 54% and game was 3-3. My strikers scored all the goals.

I think the issue with this grouping is when playing vs a deep line. The strikers don't seem to make second or third runs, so if you're in their half for a little while, they run to the middle and stand idle and hope someone pings a ball into them/space just happens to appear.

I don't think it's a tactical thing either, yes I can drop my line and line of engagement to create space, but that just means counter attacks/over the top are going to be more frequent (in theory) and doesn't solve the problem of lack of movement.

This game vs Inter I had loads of space to exploit, but vs CSKA Sofia the game before, my strikers done nothing, as they defended deep. But in real life if a team defends deep you see the strikers come deep to get the ball (Harry Kane example) or move into wide areas (Salah to a degree, Jesus at City when he plays lone striker). Don't see those kind of movements in game, when the other team is defending deeper.

@RocheBag thanks... Even tho he still doesnt see it, you helped my sanity..

Managing a team at the bottom of the biggest divisions should be the biggest challenge as those at the top are far more equipped. 

In FM it turns out, often being the worst team can be as easy as the best team in the league because opponent will over commit and be easy to counter...its actually the teams sort of 6th-15th in the division that are hardest to manage... Facing more varied AI approaches week to week... And it can take a few seasons to build the budget and reputation to win the league (consistently). 

Same applies in LLM but to a lesser extent as you put it perfectly... You can climb a few divisions on the back of signing one quick striker or winger as the opponents are so bad. 

Which shouts have tactical effects? Presuming the following:

"Show passion": + tackling hardness

"calm down": -tackling hardness

"Get creative": + creative freedom

"Push forward": +mentality and/or forward runs?

Encourage/Praise/Demand More/Concentrate: purely mental, no tactical change?

37 minutes ago, pauly15 said:

Which shouts have tactical effects? Presuming the following:

"Show passion": + tackling hardness

"calm down": -tackling hardness

"Get creative": + creative freedom

"Push forward": +mentality and/or forward runs?

Encourage/Praise/Demand More/Concentrate: purely mental, no tactical change?

Get Creative (Inspired), Demand More (Focus), Show Passion (Fired up) seems to always result in showing a positive response from all players.

Concentrate, Encourage, Tighten Up, Push Forward result in a negative effect on most players when used as a team shout.

I think some of the shouts is meant for single person that has complacent, anxious or nervous body language, but since the interface to single target shouts is bloody awful, I've not done much testing.

Push Forward might only work for very attacking and on a goal keeper. I've not had it result in a non-negative response from all players when used as a team shout.

4 minutes ago, Miravlix said:

Get Creative (Inspired), Demand More (Focus), Show Passion (Fired up) seems to always result in showing a positive response from all players.

Concentrate, Encourage, Tighten Up, Push Forward result in a negative effect on most players when used as a team shout.

I think some of the shouts is meant for single person that has complacent, anxious or nervous body language, but since the interface to single target shouts is bloody awful, I've not done much testing.

Push Forward might only work for very attacking and on a goal keeper. I've not had it result in a non-negative response from all players when used as a team shout.

Agree on the 'psychological' effect, just wondering about the purely tactical side of things.

I can't play this game anymore. I've tried all kinds of combinations and tactics/instructions yet I end many matches with 0% cross completion. I'm sick of wingers/inside forwards/full backs/wingbacks crossing STRAIGHT into an opposition player, although he is at least 5m in front of him. They just stop and shoot at the fullback. It's like there is some hidden player  instruction to shoot into opposition's players. My brain is bleeding inside already.

Edited by Vali184