Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

7 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

People are complaining about lack of one touch passing, I just put out a short video where we were being pressed high up the pitch, and we passed the ball from the keeper, it was something 4 quick passes to the winger who cut in and scored. All the passes were one touch. So there is more to the game, this season its about finding the right balance to do these kind of things.

This is the video that Rashidi is refering to. 

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say huge props to SI and fixing different aspects so fast on ME. The game is fluid, it will never be perfect and they will complain, but you all have done amazing job, the game my guys play is so good to watch. No huge crosses, i was suprised when FB had clear crossing chance and he passed it back to midfielder who switched the side and back to middle for pass to box.

Miles and SI big props for this years FM ;)

1 hour ago, jdubsnz said:

Apologies for the probably silly question - I was playing the beta, pretty sure the release downloaded. Should I now be playing version 19.1.1?

why is my version only 19.1.0????

Just now, Domathon said:

why is my version only 19.1.0????

Verify files for FM, quick restart to steam or computer. 19.1.1 is the right  version

Quick question on my own, If pressing foward is on def duty, should tackling be taken into account also? Just to understand the role  bit more

Just now, saihtam said:

Verify files for FM, quick restart to steam or computer. 19.1.1 is the right  version

Quick question on my own, If pressing foward is on def duty, should tackling be taken into account also? Just to understand the role  bit more

how do i verify files?

9 minutes ago, Domathon said:

on the preference page is says version 19.1.1

but on the new career set up page it says in the top right that the database  is 19.1.0 , very confused :/

If your preference screen says 19.1.1 you are current. The Database when starting a new career should say 19.1.0.

9 minutes ago, Domathon said:

on the preference page is says version 19.1.1

but on the new career set up page it says in the top right that the database  is 19.1.0 , very confused :/

The database isn't always updated when the game is.

Wrote this in the beta thread: FM is fun for me again. Really, really fun. I'm enjoying a Wolves save right now. It's way past my bed time and I'm still clicking continue to see if that star central defender will sign for me, or to see how badly injured my best striker is, or just to play the next match. I love the 3D engine. I feel there's more variation in the player animations, and now good players actually do good stuff on the pitch. Nice little passes, unexpected one-timers, curved balls. Beautiful!

And while the beta perhaps was a tad too easy, even for me, the full release feels more balanced. I win often enough to not feel like a chimp in a space shuttle cockpit, but still lose the games I expect my team would lose in real life.

Well done, SI.

Now for a cup of tea and some more clicks on that damn continue button.

29 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Is there any way to use the pre editor to mass edit out the shoot from distance PPM? It ruins the fun when you have players with 10+ shots at goal even if you tell them to stop shooting.

You can do it with the in game editor if you haven't barred it from use in your save. Or with fmscout editor and prob fmrte when it comes out. I've done the above for "plays killer balls" / anything I don't want to see 30 times a match. Don't think you mass edit. 

I'm sure you can do it with the pre game but probs not a mass edit. 

Edited by pauly15

Doesn't seem like the game can handle BREXIT where it's 17 fgn, 8K/3K wage.

My DoF can't buy players, the reason is listed as too many forigin players, but this BREXIT has unlimited fgn players, it's only first team registration that is limited to 17 and 8K wage, so I should be able to buy an unlimited number of fgn players.

If I buy them manually there is nothing stopping me from doing it.

Edited by Miravlix

4 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Here’s a short video clip which represents the state of the actual ME:

1) Halstenberg passes to his teammate Demme but there’s an opposition player(Havertz) stands on the passing trajectory and only a blind man can not see it but Halstenberg still goes for a pass, of course, Havertz easly intercepts it.

In every match, I encounter a huge amount of similar illogical passes and it looks terrible :seagull:

2) Havertz then makes a trough ball pass to his teammate Balley and an opposition defender(Mukiele) doesn’t react to the pass but he could easily intercept it.  

In every match, I encounter a huge amount of cases when defenders don’t react to through ball passes and don’t even try to intercept those passes but they easily could do that. :seagull:

Perhaps it was a scuffled pass? Just because the game doesn't portray it in real-time, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Try and think outside of what the game shows you. After all, the game cannot possibly animate every single scenario. 

What I picked up from this bit of play was Halstenberg saw a man unmarked on the edge of the area and tried to find him with a chipped pass. For whatever reason, the ball was intercepted and the opposition hit them on the counter. The defender wasn't concentrating, maybe he anticipated Halstenberg making the pass, and thus found himself cut open by a through ball and running towards his own goal. I've noticed that you've slowed the replay down so we can't take this at face value at all. In real time, my explanation is much more plausible.

I can only repeat what I said on the beta.

This game runs insanely fast even on garbage laptops and just has exactly the right flow from match to match. Inside the match it is hars to say because I play a highly destructive game that does not produce too many highlights. Whoever did the tweaks in performance deserves a big raise!

Speaking of: For the first time in around 1500 hours FM17 and probably 10000 in [other manager gamE], I have fun playing a defensive minded system. The players act intelligently, the assistants don't cry about low possession, counters are pretty satisfying. Just lovely!

I really like player inter- and reactions. They are far more responsive and logical. In 17 I was close to revolts when I had to make necessary tactical changes even if they worked out. In 19 they agree if it works and...not when it fails.

The importance of mental stats, shouts and team talks. Absolutely positively bonkers how well 'soft' stats matter now. This gives games more volatility when played repeatedly and makes it so much more satosfying or frustrating when a surefire thing suddenly changes. 

Training is great. I always liked this system and it has just the right mix. Only downside is that the 'promised to play' players almost always then have their worst weeks...

6 hours ago, Cerritos said:

Not sure if this is a bug ... too soon to tell ... so I'll post here.

Understand that I suck at this game, and have for many, many years. For FM19, I decided to start with Liverpool. I was between seasons (summer of 2019) when the last beta update came, followed of course by the official release. I am using 4-1-4-1 DM Wide Gegenpress.

I rolled through 8 friendlies prior to the 2019 season. Granted, I schedule friendlies against minnows, but some of the scores were a bit startling: 17-0, 15-0, 22-0, 14-0. OK, like I said, minnows.

I don't run away with every match ... already have a loss and a draw. But my last two matches were 7-0 vs. Leicester in the league, and 6-0 vs. PSV in the Champs League.

Small sample size. But these performances are so much better than I have ever achieved that it makes me wonder.

Now that I've posted this, I'm sure I'll go through a five-match losing streak ...

Just to end this right here, as expected, in my next match, I eked out a 2-1 win against bottom-of-the-table West Brom. No more small-sample-size posts for me.

41 minutos atrás, Piperita disse:

This game runs insanely fast even on garbage laptops and just has exactly the right flow from match to match. Inside the match it is hars to say because I play a highly destructive game that does not produce too many highlights. Whoever did the tweaks in performance deserves a big raise!

I have to second this, today took it with me in travel in an 8yo laptop and it's much faster than FM18 on the same machine. Details that make the difference, congratulations.

• Administrators

"I'd like to thank my dad"

image.thumb.png.d55d6d79d3e3d91b0cbc5b43ee7c44e8.png

Never thought I'd actually manage that off Free Kicks and Pens alone :D Really enjoying it so far :applause:

2 hours ago, pats said:

Your attitude towards other poster is absolutely terrible and your personal attacks are getting tiresome. I don't know how you are still allowed to post. 

Everyone has different level of knowledge about FM and football in  general and people can have different opinion than yours'. Learn to accept that.

I Second this :thup:

I don't like it that goalkeeper unit training is part of the main team training schedule, this should be a sub-group in its own right so that I do not have to give up a team session just to have my coaches work with my keepers.

On the plus side having the regional u19 competitiuons with promotion, relegation & champions round is a great inclusion so a big well done to @Kox, @Octavianus[GER] & the rest of the German research team for getting this in the game.

Has the option to hide the navigation panel at the top of thee screen in the match viewer been removed or changed?

35 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

Played about a dozen matches since the full release, and the problems with penetrative central play are hugely evident. The below screenshot is highly representative of attacking build up for both the AI and my team:

image.thumb.png.ae1313e9a4e6eabfb8b14efeeab5e5c6.png 

I win the ball and my wide midfielder passes it infield to my AP (Payne). Now the first issue has already occurred, which is when we won the ball, both strikers immediately pushed right up onto the opposition CBs. From this point on both strikers remain completely static and are effectively marked out of the game. This behaviour is completely contrary to both their role instructions and core attributes.

The striker roles are STCL TM(s) / STCR AF(a). Both are well suited to their roles and have decent off the ball. It's hard to tell here who is on support and who is on attack duty. The TM should be dropping into the clear pocket of space in front of the defence to offer a passing option. In doing so, he opens up either option a) playing in his strike partner, or option b) playing a one-two with Payne (who could continue his run). If the AF was following his hard coded instructions, he should also be pulling away laterally into the space between the DCL and FBL. None of this happens, ever. 

As a result, what happened in this move is Payne's only option was to play it to the MCR, who played it to the MR. When this came to nothing, the play simply continued going side to side. Aside from set pieces or long balls over the top when the AI is frantically chasing the game, all of my goals originate from crosses following a flank overload. Ironically, when said wide overload is achieved, my strikers burst into life, making aggressive runs across defenders or drop off to find pockets of space.

Striker movement when play is central (and resultant forward passes) needs to be a key development focus of the current ME. 

This indeed is a key issue. Could you help me out in the bugs forum since I have already opened a thread several days ago called "ME1913 Off the ball movement strikers causes lack of central play" . As I have described in that thread Striker movement seems to be an issue because he is stuck within his transitional off the ball movement: retreat to midline when AI enters our half, immediately run towards penalty area (settling in between the two DC's) when we have regained possession and are about to enter half of AI. Basically the striker is only moving back and forth and does not offer himself as a passing option in the final third just outside the penalty box while there often is so much room to do so.

It indeed is a huge issue i.m.o because the final third can not be reached and our midfielders have to opt for the flanks often with long range passes.

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, Barside said:

I don't like it that goalkeeper unit training is part of the main team training schedule, this should be a sub-group in its own right so that I do not have to give up a team session just to have my coaches work with my keepers.

It's something to consider for the future, but this method is considerably simpler than having a separate schedule for GKs.

It's worth noting that you could put this in the Extra slot so as not to "give up" a team session. Either way your outfield players do get some work during this time.

1 hour ago, rdbayly said:

Played about a dozen matches since the full release, and the problems with penetrative central play are hugely evident. The below screenshot is highly representative of attacking build up for both the AI and my team:

image.thumb.png.ae1313e9a4e6eabfb8b14efeeab5e5c6.png 

I win the ball and my wide midfielder passes it infield to my AP (Payne). Now the first issue has already occurred, which is when we won the ball, both strikers immediately pushed right up onto the opposition CBs. From this point on both strikers remain completely static and are effectively marked out of the game. This behaviour is completely contrary to both their role instructions and core attributes.

The striker roles are STCL TM(s) / STCR AF(a). Both are well suited to their roles and have decent off the ball. It's hard to tell here who is on support and who is on attack duty. The TM should be dropping into the clear pocket of space in front of the defence to offer a passing option. In doing so, he opens up either option a) playing in his strike partner, or option b) playing a one-two with Payne (who could continue his run). If the AF was following his hard coded instructions, he should also be pulling away laterally into the space between the DCL and FBL. None of this happens, ever. 

As a result, what happened in this move is Payne's only option was to play it to the MCR, who played it to the MR. When this came to nothing, the play simply continued going side to side. Aside from set pieces or long balls over the top when the AI is frantically chasing the game, all of my goals originate from crosses following a flank overload. Ironically, when said wide overload is achieved, my strikers burst into life, making aggressive runs across defenders or drop off to find pockets of space.

Striker movement when play is central (and resultant forward passes) needs to be a key development focus of the current ME. 

would be good to post that into bug forum with pkm and times when it happens.

Raised this as a bug, however, thought I'd ask in here to see if anyone has any ideas. 

Is this deliberate? I've checked on the default skins and also all the installed ones, cleared the cache and reloaded the skins several times, but where it used to be a green circle for a win, it's now black, and a draw now shows as some dark brown colour. I hope this isn't how it's intended as it was perfect before. Any ideas? 

icons.PNG

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Raised this as a bug, however, thought I'd ask in here to see if anyone has any ideas. 

Is this deliberate? I've checked on the default skins and also all the installed ones, cleared the cache and reloaded the skins several times, but where it used to be a green circle for a win, it's now black, and a draw now shows as some dark brown colour. I hope this isn't how it's intended as it was perfect before. Any ideas? 

icons.PNG

Lol seriously what a noobz

41 minutes ago, Mensell76 said:

This indeed is a key issue. Could you help me out in the bugs forum since I have already opened a thread several days ago called "ME1913 Off the ball movement strikers causes lack of central play" . As I have described in that thread Striker movement seems to be an issue because he is stuck within his transitional off the ball movement: retreat to midline when AI enters our half, immediately run towards penalty area (settling in between the two DC's) when we have regained possession and are about to enter half of AI. Basically the striker is only moving back and forth and does not offer himself as a passing option in the final third just outside the penalty box while there often is so much room to do so.

It indeed is a huge issue i.m.o because the final third can not be reached and our midfielders have to opt for the flanks often with long range passes.

pretty much the same issue is with wide forwards especially on attack duty once the ball is in final third they do nothing to support fullback or offer themselves available for passes. they just park into the box. football in final third really looks static and predictable just MCs passing between them untill the ball is passes to fullbacks...

• SI Staff
13 hours ago, Miravlix said:

Doesn't seem like the game can handle BREXIT where it's 17 fgn, 8K/3K wage.

My DoF can't buy players, the reason is listed as too many forigin players, but this BREXIT has unlimited fgn players, it's only first team registration that is limited to 17 and 8K wage, so I should be able to buy an unlimited number of fgn players.

If I buy them manually there is nothing stopping me from doing it.

Thanks. This is something we are looking into. 

13 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

It's something to consider for the future, but this method is considerably simpler than having a separate schedule for GKs.

It's worth noting that you could put this in the Extra slot so as not to "give up" a team session. Either way your outfield players do get some work during this time.

I was thinking of using the ES slot for keeper training but good to know that there is background outfield player training calculated when using GK unit training, I assume this is a akin to a gerenic outfield session with no particular focus so that outfield players do not incorrectly think they are doing noting for teh purpose of feedback & potential training interactions.

1 minute ago, Barside said:

I was thinking of using the ES slot for keeper training but good to know that there is background outfield player training calculated when using GK unit training, I assume this is a akin to a gerenic outfield session with no particular focus so that outfield players do not incorrectly think they are doing noting for teh purpose of feedback & potential training interactions.

Or shots n crosses drills to work the keepers