Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

Gerade eben schrieb mernild:

Obviously I am aware of that - and I think you know what I mean.
They made changes to the game as per this line

and I would love to know what have changed.

I know what you mean ,yes Try to Imagine that there wasn't a Beta. Maybe that helps :D

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerade eben schrieb mernild:

I guess numerous fixes, tweaks and improvements. If you play the game you will find it out.

1 hour ago, gechal said:

To me it still seems that when my players are in a good crossing position, they always hit the fullback and out it goes for a corner.

Even when they receive the ball in tons of space, they wait to be closed down before attempting the cross. 

Sometimes a ball goes over, but more often than not, I get this. It's been going on since '17.

That's because fullbacks crossing used to be overpowered so their solution was to make the crosser whack it into the defenders legs.

4 minutes ago, mernild said:

Would be nice also for all the players who helped send in bugs and looked for issues with the ME to know if anything changed. 

55 minutes ago, stevetranmere said:

Has the DB been updated for the full release? Ive had a quick scan but couldn't find anything. Still showing Lopetegui as Madrid manager etc..  

Yes it has, he's no longer the manager, Allegri took over in my new save I started tonight, and Conte got the Juventus job. 

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

I guess numerous fixes, tweaks and improvements. If you play the game you will find it out.

Well obviously they have made numerous improvements. I'm not doubting that the slightest.
And yes, maybe I will find out - maybe I won't. That's not the point. The point is, that SI seems to think that patch notes are not important. Even in "real patches", not just in the final release. It's always very vague. So I'm just saying that some people have huge interest in reading what have been changed in their favourite game. And if SI have an overview of what has been changed, then it shouldn't be very hard to post the changes. But maybe the don't.

15 minutes ago, mernild said:

Seriously... What is that point of not making patch notes?
What other game doesn't mention what have been changed in an update? What is the point of keeping it secret?
Is it time pressure? Laziness?
For me patch notes are one of the most exciting things about games and even though there may be hundreds - just write them down and people can read them if they find it interesting.

Or you know, you could just play and enjoy the game without fretting about what every last tweak was. I'll never understand why this bothers people so much. 

Gerade eben schrieb Zbladzg:

Croatian league again  very poor job..shame SI...no it s not wrong topic....or you dont care.. you have this in right topics ..but you dont care

Could you explain it, so we all could understand?

Just now, KUBI said:

@mernild

This is not a patch, it's the release of the full game. If there are further patches, there will be release notes.

...which is why I wrote <even in "real patches">.

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Or you know, you could just play and enjoy the game without fretting about what every last tweak was. I'll never understand why this bothers people so much. 

I already am and have been enjoying the game for 18 years. I have participated in correcting bugs almost every year.
And in no way does it bother me very much.
I'm just saying that if SI thinks that no one cares about patch notes then I know quite a few, including myself, that would like to read them if they were available in any way.

vor 1 Minute schrieb mernild:

I'm just saying that if SI thinks that no one cares about patch notes then I know quite a few, including myself, that would like to read them if they were available in any way.

There will, if a patch is released, which was not the case today.

11 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Could you explain it, so we all could understand?

Oooooo you know very well...what i think....read topics in league specifics about croatia.....every year we appeal thats yours researchers about croatia dissaster.....oh yes oh yes....YOU DONT CARE ABOUT THIS....that s Croatia      

Edited by Zbladzg

1 minute ago, Zbladzg said:

Oooooo you know very well...what i think....read topics in league specifics about croatia.....every year we appeal thats yours researchers about croatia dissaster.....oh yes oh yes....YOU DONT CARE ABOUT THIS....that s Croatia

Greetings Zbladzg, I am fluent in Game of Thrones-Croatian, I might try to translate your feedback.

As far as I know this was already an 'issue' before the full launch, but standard corner settings keep central defenders at 'stay back', which is fairly odd considering this would never happen in real life. I'd assume standard corner settings have DC's as going forward instead.

Two very minor suggestions.  

First, this is just for completeness.   For the beginning of the game, if you have a manager who just joined during the middle of the summer or after the date you started, and you choose that team to start managing with, they are the manager for 0-1 days, which is kind of silly and unrealistic.  Could you possibly have it so that manager never joined if you select a team that just hired a manager?  It looks really silly to look at past managers and see one there for one or even 0 days.

Second.  For large clubs with 50-60 first team any youth members, it would be helpful for short and long term planning that you can have a planning tool, something like the tactics display and the team report display where say you are running a 4-2-3-1 and want to put a main and backup for each position (where you have 2 CDs for your main tactic, and want to have 2 mains and 2 backups).  I still end up doing this on paper to show me where the actual holes in my team are, and can use it also to plan for the future.

Just a thought or two :)

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

There will, if a patch is released, which was not the case today.

Maybe you could just imagine that I said "changes to the game" instead of "patch notes". I think you understand what I mean.
But I get it, you don't care about what "changes to the game" that has been made. But I do - and I think that I am allowed to have that opinion in the feedback thread, and you don't have to feel assaulted for that reason. My message was not in any way directed to you.

Again - this is not critique, but a suggestion for the future. Not only for full releases (changes to the game, if you will) but also for normal patches where patch notes is also very scarce and vague.
Happy FM'ing to everyone.

Anybody playing an online save to see if the results changing bug has been fixed?

@Neil Brock I get that’s it’s the full release and there’s no changelist but could you let us know if this major bug has indeed been fixed? There’s been no feedback anywhere on this.

• SI Staff
14 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

Game is looking and feeling great so far, but have found this that probably needs addressing:

image.thumb.png.82406aebe81856ea5349d2929337f53a.png

Black font needs changing to white here (I think this is due to the dark skin update)

Could you post this here please - https://community.sigames.com/forum/659-user-interface-issues/

4 minutes ago, Mensell76 said:

Where can I find the pregame editor guys?

Steam - Tools

Had to look that one up myself

I think there's been huge ME changes, Dortmund on my save were unstoppable, they've just lost two on the trot 

1 minute ago, Johnny Ace said:

Steam - Tools

Had to look that one up myself

I think there's been huge ME changes, Dortmund on my save were unstoppable, they've just lost two on the trot 

Thanks mate!

What an absolute kick in the teeth this is. I've had a young Irish player from Southampton on loan for a couple of seasons who is the mainstay of my midfield. Brexit has just happened and he is suddenly ineligible to play as he doesn't earn £8k per week. This is a serious slap in the face for LLM fans.

image.thumb.png.8bf4bab31c9344fc1c8bb643871df1b6.png

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

Four of those injuries are for about a week? There's more minor injuries in game now (than older versions like FM17 etc) which is more reflective of real life. But that's nowhere near to what someone would call an injury crisis. Especially as two were from before the game even started and one is Adam Lallana! :D 

Dear Neil,

in the FM Touch forum section nobody knows if tomorrow FM Touch will be released or not, in order to let us know, because the Touch forum is far from being updated with official news, could you please release an official statement if the Touch version will be released tomorrow or not ?

This way I could test the injuries ratio myself, which I assume as it was in the beta, it will be same ratio of the full version.

Thx in advance

Much appreciated

Edited by Boomer Ang

vor 2 Minuten schrieb ParanoidBuddha:

Because all mistakes in Juventus players contracts that I reported during past weeks are still there

There was and is always a data lock prior to release. So this will be addressed later.

Guys do you have any idea what to do here, started as 1860 Munich in Third German League and the game automatically sets friendlies up in training camps (that’s before I land on Inbox page for the first time) and can’t remove them, tried to load the db over and over but it doesn’t change. The last friendly is two days away from the first game of the season.

Edited by Armistice

1 hour ago, Zbladzg said:

No answers Kubi anymore

33 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

What an absolute kick in the teeth this is. I've had a young Irish player from Southampton on loan for a couple of seasons who is the mainstay of my midfield. Brexit has just happened and he is suddenly ineligible to play as he doesn't earn £8k per week. This is a serious slap in the face for LLM fans.

Just like Brexit will probably be in real life! 

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Boomer Ang said:

Dear Neil,

in the FM Touch forum section nobody knows if tomorrow FM Touch will be released or not, in order to let us know, because the Touch forum is far from being updated with official news, could you please release an official statement if the Touch version will be released tomorrow or not ?

This way I could test the injuries ratio myself, which I assume as it was in the beta, it will be same ratio of the full version.

Thx in advance

Much appreciated

As said in the main announcement, all three were released at once, so that’s Football Manager 2019, Football Manager 2019 Touch and Football Manager 2019 Mobile. All are out now.

38 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

I mean that's life though innit mate

3 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

As said in the main announcement, all three were released at once, so that’s Football Manager 2019, Football Manager 2019 Touch and Football Manager 2019 Mobile. All are out now.

Thank you Neil.

I suggest to update the Touch forum as well so there is no confusion.