Down the right

Hi just need a bit of advice as I'm messing around with tactics and need some help going forward.

My strongest side of the pitch is down the right where my rw and rb are nearly world class so my thinking is locked down the left and make the opposition play down our right where my right winger can kill them on the counter as his pace and acceleration is frightening 

So my question is how do you get the opposition to play down a certain flank

im thinking maybe man mark the left back and my striker man mark there left cb so they have no choice but play to my right side and I'm also thinking much higher loe but this is where I need your help how would you achieve this style of play 

25 minutes ago, Ciderarmy said:

So my question is how do you get the opposition to play down a certain flank

I would use opposition instruction "show onto foot" to try to direct opposition attacks toward that particular area of the pitch as much as possible. However, when an opposition team also have a lot of quality on that very flank, such a strategy can backfire. So be careful and think twice when doing this. Never look at tactical elements in isolation.

35 minutes ago, Ciderarmy said:

im thinking maybe man mark the left back and my striker man mark there left cb so they have no choice but play to my right side and I'm also thinking much higher loe but this is where I need your help how would you achieve this style of play

If you want to hit them on the counter, then higher (and especially much higher) LOE doesn't make much sense. 

36 minutes ago, Ciderarmy said:

im thinking maybe man mark the left back and my striker man mark there left cb so they have no choice but play to my right side

If you want them to play down your right side, then it's their left side. So why would you mark their players on the left, given that you want to encourage them to use the very left side of the pitch??? But I would not go so far as to ask my players to man-mark their defenders. If you get too obsessed with a particular aspect of a tactic, you can easily overlook some other area of the game, which may prove a lot more important.

Sorry I meant there left side typed it wrong 

Thanks for your advice my team isn't playing counter attack football it's just if I can get them down my right side and they lose the ball with how quick my winger is it's a great strategy for attack 

Archived