Situational player roles/build-up play module

thesharmz

Positions and player roles should interact with each other. 

When you think about how Guardiola has his Man City team playing, sometimes he will lineup with IWBs, Mezzalas, Wingers (I accept that these roles may be open to interpretation, but this how I understand them on FM19). And yet sometimes, in-game, the IWBs become WBs, the Mezzalas will be more static APs and the Wingers will move narrower as IFs. I appreciate that this can already be done in game through the switching between different tactics, but it would be nice if player/team/position instructions could be set so that one position interacts with another. I've posted on here before that sometimes you want particular positions to do things that the existing roles think are counter-intuitive. For example, you may want a Winger who hugs the touchline, but then cuts inside, or vice versa. I understand that you can also recreate a lot of this fluidity through the duty settings, making your team more fluid, but there should be a specific module to set how you want players to interact with others.

For example, an instruction to your right back that says when the right-sided centre midfielder moves forward or wide, you should occupy the midfield space that he vacates, and when the wide right player moves inside, you should bomb forward and become the attack the wide area. 

We now have tactics screens displaying what we want players to do when they're transitioning with and without the ball, so the next step should be a screen displaying what each side should do in a particular phase of attack and defence. 

You could set up different scenarios for building up play and how your fullbacks, midfielders and wide men all interact with each other. If you could set up multiple scenarios, these could then be built into the training setup. 

• 1 year later...