Regens are too good

diogosantos7

This realy impacts negatively in the game realism, since there is after just one season at least 20 regens with Potencial Ability > 180.

I find a way to resolve this by lowering the youth level of every country before i start a game. That way it is definitely more realistic, rather than have 5 Messis and Ronaldos generated every single season

It's october 29th 2044 in my save. (Still playing FM18 by the way) There are 61862 clubs in my game and 67565 players. There are 1769 players with a PA of 150 or higher, of whom 417 have a current ability of 150 or higher. So only about 0,6% of my database is 150 plus and potentially it could be about 2,6%. Do you think that is too much?

In 25 seasons in my career game, I had only 1 youth player with 160 pa.

First team I managed (SSC Farul) I had great trainers and a good youth academy and in 20 seasons no youth player was above 130 pa
Second team I am managing now (Dunav) I have only decent youth academy and a few good trainers and I got the 160 pa player.

In real life, the long list for last season's golden boy award had 100 players on it, not including Moise Kean, Frenkie de Jong, Ryan Sessegnon or Vinicius Junior. A lot of other potentially world class players where not there. For example, Ajax had only 1 player on the long list; Barcelona only 2.

So, if you ask me, our own youth academies don't produce too many world class players. And the game as a total does neighter. I don't think SI has it all wrong in this game. I'd say it's about right. But that is just my 2 cents.

Edited by Jorgen

if you pay atenttion to regens generation dates at some countries you can easily find every year at least 5 players with PA > 170 and buy them for less than 2million.

If you manage a clube like Manchester City and buy a lot of these "cheap future world class players", you'll have by 2022 a team full of regens with less than 20y and maybe better (Current Ability) than the real high class players in the real life.

There are some rare exceptions just like you said (Vinicius, De Light, etc) but there's is not (in real life) a young Neymar appering every year at lower league brazilian clubs, neither a world class player in South Africa every year.

Of course you see it more as you train clubs with bigger purchase power and better scouts, and that is part of the game too not just LLM. And of course the size of database.

I think is too much and that is a problem you can find in other threads (https://www.fmscout.com/a-dr-gonzo-newgen-fix-fm19.html), so surely i am not the only who thinks this make the FM experience unrealistic thru the years. 

Original thread link that started all this regens discussion (2017): https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.meistertrainerforum.de%2Findex.php%2Ftopic%2C23091.120.html

Here you can find statistical data that what you're saying doesn't happen in everybody experience, the number of regens generated with high potential is unrealistic.

PA is only the maximum the player can reach, if he is lucky. Only a few players with 170+ PA ever reach it. In my opinion, the CA in the game, as the game progresses, each year makes a massive drop and negatively impacts the game (for me). In my 2035 Zaragoza save (FM2018), all my players are regens and their average CA is around 140, with only 1-2 having over 160+ PA. Also, the squad won the last champions cup and spanish league.

Edited by Enzu225

After 3-4 seasons there are way less good youngsters. It even gets to a point where there aren't even good young players. Clubs like Santos usually have a few 16 year-olds, but after like 4 seasons they don't anymore.

In my club I get ONE single player every season, despite having everything to get young players.

So I definitely disagree with the OP

• 1 year later...