8 minutes ago, charlie_hyett_123 said:

Hi guys you may have seen my post on the main forum about tactics. I would like to play a more attacking style of football using the tiki-taka as it seems to work most of the time. Attached are my tactics.

Welcome to the forum :).

Can you also please post your main tactics screen - the one which shows your player roles & duties.  I'm a little concerned about the sheer number of tactical instructions you're using, so if you want to get into a more tiki-taka style it may be a question of starting from scratch rather than helping you with a couple of minor tweaks.  Just as a thought, have you tried out the default tiki-taka tactic built into the game at all?  How do the instructions used in that differ from your system above?

You could also have a quick scroll down the forum as there are a couple of great threads about setting up a 4231 as well as one about the tiki-taka style which you may find useful.

10 minutes ago, herne79 said:

Welcome to the forum :).

Can you also please post your main tactics screen - the one which shows your player roles & duties.  I'm a little concerned about the sheer number of tactical instructions you're using, so if you want to get into a more tiki-taka style it may be a question of starting from scratch rather than helping you with a couple of minor tweaks.  Just as a thought, have you tried out the default tiki-taka tactic built into the game at all?  How do the instructions used in that differ from your system above?

You could also have a quick scroll down the forum as there are a couple of great threads about setting up a 4231 as well as one about the tiki-taka style which you may find useful.

Hi, here is my main tactics screen if it is any use to you.

Didn't expect a reply back this quick! thank you for your help.

Football Manager 2019 02_07_2019 07_51_10.png

I think you've gone way over the top on instructions.  You know more doesn't mean better? Just more specific.

Exploiting both flanks and looking for overlap, whats your aim when you have two CWB-Su and told them to Work Ball Into Box? Then with that wing focus you've got a DLP-Su and AP-Su in the middle wanting the ball?

Why add Pass Into Space if its a tiki-taka style? DLF-At, 2xIF-Su, AP-Su, DLP-Su and BPD already try risky passes often, whom else do you want to try them with that TI?  Your also being extreme aggressive defensively to win ball back, is there space being opponents defense for a early through ball? Who is looking to make the runs?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many added instructions there. I'd recommend starting from the preset and watching the games in comprehensive or full match mode and changing one thing at a time until you get the desired effect. Though as you're not at a top club with the best players, I'm just going to go ahead and say that you probably haven't got the players to pull it off as well as Barce did. There's a reason Stoke don't play the same way as Man City, and it isn't because they don't want to.

But for what I'd start with, looking at your main tactic is;

Positive or even balanced mentality. Tiki Taka is primarily a suffocating, controlling system. There's no need for the attacking mentality, it just increases risk among other things, which is counter productive and leads to giving the ball away more often trying to force through less promising chances.

Pass into space. Nope, not conductive to a possession based system. Get rid of it.

Play out of defence. I'm not sure, but I don't really think it's necessary when you already have your GK specifically playing to your central defenders, and they are told to pass it short with other TIs. It's not the most important, but I'd experiment with removing it just because I don't like the large amount of instructions. While I mentioned centre backs, I'd swap the BPD for another CB. The BPD has 'take more risks' permanently selected, and passing is more direct too compared to the CB. It's counter to what you think when you hear the names, but SI seem to refuse to make any changes to it.  

Focus play down the left/right. No, not a clue why you've selected that? You have two playmakers attracting the ball in the centre, and Tiki is about moving the ball all around patiently working an opening. Remove them both. I'd also get rid of one of the playmakers because I hate having two in the team, especially so close together. But that's just my preference.

Overlap left/right. Doesn't make sense, you've got a natural overlap on both sides anyway with using CWBs and IFs. All selecting the overlap options is doing is greatly increasing the mentality of your WBs to the stage where they're far too attacking and rather than keeping the ball and playing a sensible pass will just aimlessly cross the ball trying to force a way through. Remove them.

Counter. That's more gegenpress than Tiki. I'm not sure I'd go as far as selecting hold position, but I'd certainly start with leaving that option blank.