Help with scouting

Hi folks, I need a little guidance on this please.

I'm currently managing in League One, with the scouting restrictions from the board that I can only scout players in UK & Ireland.  Standard.

I've set my DoF to set assignments for the scouts.  Why, and how, are my scouts in Brazil?  I'm enjoying having these lads recommended to me, but surely this shouldn't be happening?

Your scouts will recommend players that they know. Have a look at the scouting knowledge of your staff. I would guess that at least one of them has knowledge of Brazil. A great way to expand your scouting knowledge is to hire staff who have knowledge of different countries and a simple way to achieve this is to hire staff with different nationalities.

Scouting recommendations from agents, players, other staff, data analyst team etc.

I found FM19 scouting section to be a little mess. It's overcomplicated.

I hope FM20 will be more clear and easy regarding scouting section.

Thanks for the responses guys.

I have basic scout reports for them, so I'm guessing there's some sort of action from my side.  I had looked at my staff's scouting knowledge but none of them knew anything about Brazil; I have hired a coach with French Guianan (2nd) nationality though, which counts as South America (East), which has in turn granted me knowledge of some obscure Brazilian players.

I can see how that mechanic works, but I'm not sure it makes sense that Jason Roberts (English to everybody except FIFA!) would be making these recommendations...

Mystery solved though, I guess.  Cheers!

To follow up on this a little bit - I've definitely got scouts where they shouldn't be.  I'm getting scout reports about players in Brazil, as mentioned, but one's just appeared in my inbox from Iran.

Are these scouting trips, arranged by the DoF and cleared by the board, costing the club unnecessary amounts of money..?  It kind of feels like a bug now.

1 minute ago, Flashman said:

To follow up on this a little bit - I've definitely got scouts where they shouldn't be.  I'm getting scout reports about players in Brazil, as mentioned, but one's just appeared in my inbox from Iran.

Can you show a screenshot of this?

Sure - has this worked?  Should be the scouting card and the player profile.

Scouting_Iran.png

Júlio Vítor_ Overview Profile.png

Edit:  Obviously I'm using a custom DB with the Iran league loaded, downloaded from over in the Editors' Hideaway.

Okay, while strange, that still obviously doesn't indicate anything yet. It says the player was scouted following a scout meeting, so the player could still have approached you your scouts and from there they decided to scout the player. 

I can't remember where (it may be the scouting centre) but there's a screen where you can select not to be contacted by players or their agents etc. Selecting that should stop these things from happening, imo. 

I know the screen you mean - in the old days this would result in a news item stating an agent was touting you his player.  I was wondering what had happened to them, but this would explain it.

Thanks for the help, Hunter  :brock:

Archived