Football Manager 2009 Box questions

2 hours ago, FrazT said:

I don't think that FM 2009 was released on steam so just the authentication code in the box is required.  I think also that if you install the last update, authentication is  not needed

it was released on steam im sure

but i dont know the box contain steam key or not

8 hours ago, Ivs said:

You can easily redeem the game on steam through the serial code.

Go ahead.

2 hours ago, FrazT said:

As I said above, if you install the game and download the last update patch, you don't need the code

thank you

my point is i just want Football Manager 2009 to be in my Steam library (for my collection i have 2010-2019 now)

i will ask the seller again for confirmation

2 ore fa, FrazT ha scritto:

FM 2009 was not activated by steam, so the only code you will get will be the activation code in the box.  You can add the game to your steam library but only as a shortcut

Wrong!

FM 2009 was the first that required Steam activation, but many users experienced problem with the game authentication at that time, so SI offered the possibility to register the game in other ways.

So, if the copy is sealed and new, YES, it's possible to use the serial cose in order to redeem the game on Steam. Simple as that!

Even FM 2008 have been released on Steam through a dedicated digital version, and in that case is really not possible to use the retail code to register the game on Steam.

Moderators, you need to be better prepared to provide assistance and advices to users.

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Ivs said:

Wrong!

FM 2009 was the first that required Steam activation, but many users experienced problem with the game authentication at that time, so SI offered the possibility to register the game in other ways.

So, if the copy is sealed and new, YES, it's possible to use the serial cose in order to redeem the game on Steam. Simple as that!

Even FM 2008 have been released on Steam through a dedicated digital version, and in that case is really not possible to use the retail code to register the game on Steam.

Moderators, you need to be better prepared to provide assistance and advices to users.

First up, would appreciate it if you didn't lecture a moderator for just trying to help - I get you always want people to be correct, but that isn't always possible, especially when considering we're talking about a game released 10 years ago.Secondly, the game wasn't released with Steam activation codes - the game could be bought directly from and activated via from Steam but iirc the main activation system was via Uniloc. What you can do is install the game via disc then install the latest released patch for it (9.3.1) from here - https://www.sigames.com/games/football-manager-2009

This update will remove the need for activation once the game is installed.  

Saying that I may not be completely right as it was 10 years ago, but that's certainly how I remember it and the patch will definitely work! :) 

Guys, again.

You are giving wrong advices to an user that came here looking for an help.

"It's not possible", "install the disc and download the patch", but he specifically said this

Il 24/6/2019 in 02:50 , porkcockmock ha scritto:

my point is i just want Football Manager 2009 to be in my Steam library (for my collection i have 2010-2019 now)

The code is valid to be redeemed on Steam. Maybe I did that myself before, what did you think? :brock:

I don't know any other way to say this.

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Ivs said:

Guys, again.

You are giving wrong advices to an user that came here looking for an help.

"It's not possible", "install the disc and download the patch", but he specifically said this

The code is valid to be redeemed on Steam. Maybe I did that myself before, what did you think? :brock:

I don't know any other way to say this.

Okay I see what you're getting at now - assumed the player just wanted access to the game as misread. Honestly not sure then. 

1 hour ago, Ivs said:

Wrong!

Given that this game was released 10 years ago and I dont remember what I did yesterday, I am quite prepared to be corrected by other members in my attempts to help.  I do, however, not wish to be lectured about any efforts from any other users to help another user.  I am not going to argue about the details.

Archived