[FM19][MOD] Manager Camera Angle

Exius

Since adding 3d engine to FM series there were some fans every year asking to add Manager or First Person camera angle to the game to be able to see the match from the eyes of your virtual manager. Of course FM is not FIFA or PES, and its graphic engine is nowhere near as modern and beautiful as in these games, but it's being improved every year and in 2019 it's pretty capable of rendering a decent picture even from such closeup angle. I don't know whether SI are even considering a possibility of adding this angle in future versions but there is something we can try in FM 2019. There is a debug free camera which can't be selected by default but with easy manipulations you can activate it in the game.

Just download the attached archive, extract the file and put it to "Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2019/menus" (you might need to create "menus" folder if you still don't have one). Launch the game, start the match and pause it. Switch to 2D Classic camera and you'll notice that it's changed to "[D] Free". Now you can control the camera - by dragging the mouse you change it direction and by scrolling the wheel you move the camera back and forward. With these controls you can get camera to the edge of technical area and literally watch the match from the eyes of a manager. It will look like this:

Please note the following:

1. Try it on you own risk. This camera is debug so it's not supposed to be used by players, there might be some glitches. It won't spoil your game because you can always get back to your usual camera, but if you want to remove it - just delete the file.
  2. The camera doesn't follow the ball, so you'll need to rotate it manually.
  3. It's extremely difficult to "read" the game from such point of view (I believe it requires good Vision attribute:D) and most likely you won't understand what's happening on the field but still it provides an interesting experience. I believe it's even more difficult to watch the game from such angle compairing to real life because it's a 2d screen and you can't feel the distance, because of different fov in the game and IRL and because the screen is too small, so maybe even those who have real life coaching experience will struggle to watch the matches like this.
  4. Such camera requires high-end graphical card and really big screen.
  5. From such angle it's better to watch the match with "normal" or "slightly faster" speed only.

Even despite all the abovementioned it's still an interesting experiment for those who seek full immersion and it can help to decide whether we really want SI to add similar camera angle in the future or not. For me personally it's very interesting and brings life to old saves which I decided to abandon long ago. I haven't decided yet whether I'll watch all matches with this camera constantly or not (because it's really difficult to understand how is your tactic and team performing and what you should change) but it seems I'm getting used to it and definitely want SI to give us such option in one of the future games.

P.S. You can modify the file yourself and try any other debug camera or replace any other camera with Free camera if you want to keep 2D. The only thing which we can't change is to make the camera follow the ball or to change height/zoom thresholds for any other camera (which can be interesting as well). It seems these are controlled by "simatchviewe/configs/cameras_match.jsb" file but I don't know which appliacation can edit it.

match camera view popup.zip

Edited by Exius

4 hours ago, A.gran said:

The .jsb file can be opened by text editor like notepad++ or any hex editor.

Yes, it is, but it seems encrypted. I guess they use a special internal editor for these files in SI.

16 hours ago, Ivs said:

Really interesting discover!

@Exius, do you think this file could be used or adapted in old FM editions?

I believe it should be working with FM 2018 or FM 2017- can't say for sure, but I think they added this debug camera few years ago. I've discovered it only this year and haven't tried it with previous editions. Anyway, you can try it, it won't spoil your game and can easily be deleted.

Since they constanty add new animations to ME with every edition, for best experience I recommend to use it with FM 2019. Previously I played with zoomed-out cameras and pretty fast speed. A only now I notice how many small details and animations I missed because they can be noticed only with such close-up camera and medium speed. 

On 24/06/2019 at 21:45, Sheffield Hammer said:

i cant get this to work! 

6 hours ago, Stint said:

does not work

3 hours ago, prot651 said:

Wont work on FM19

What skins are you using? Maybe the skin has this file inside it, so the game doesn't read the one you downloaded. Try to put it to "[your skin folder]/menus/". Or maybe "Documents/Sport Interactive/Football Manager 2019" is not your user data location? You can also disable skin cache in Preferences. I can't imaging why else it's not working for you...

2 ore fa, Exius ha scritto:

What skins are you using? Maybe the skin has this file inside it, so the game doesn't read the one you downloaded. Try to put it to "[your skin folder]/menus/". Or maybe "Documents/Sport Interactive/Football Manager 2019" is not your user data location? You can also disable skin cache in Preferences. I can't imaging why else it's not working for you...

I definitely think the problem is related to the file name. When you download the attachment, the file name is "1536479269_matchcameraviewpopup", but if you put it correctly in the menus folder, it won't work. File must be renamed to "match camera view popup" (obviously without quotes).

I've successfully been able to get the mod to work on Football Manager 2017, the game I'm playing at the moment.

The only problem is I couldn't get [D] Free camera to work on FM 2017.

JlRaF1k.jpg

Edited by Ivs

interesting...!

but manually zoom or manually change the Camera ( like a Bird, you change over the Pitch and save at this Point , you want to have the Cam Setting)

how can i see in Game, that the Mod is activated ???

Edited by SpiderJu

1 hour ago, Ivs said:

I definitely think the problem is related to the file name. When you download the attachment, the file name is "1536479269_matchcameraviewpopup", but if you put it correctly in the menus folder, it won't work. File must be renamed to "match camera view popup" (obviously without quotes).

I've successfully been able to get the mod to work on Football Manager 2017, the game I'm playing at the moment.

The only problem is I couldn't get [D] Free camera to work on FM 2017.

Definitely that's it! Thanks, I didn't even know the forum changed the name of the attachment. I re-attached it, now as an archive, so the name of the file inside should be correct now.

It seems FM 2017 doesn't support the free camera if you can't get it to work. All the file does - allows to play with a debug camera which is already in the game. If it's not in the game (FM 2017 for instance) - it can't add it unfortunately.

21 minutes ago, SpiderJu said:

interesting...!

but manually zoom or manually change the Camera ( like a Bird, you change over the Pitch and save at this Point , you want to have the Cam Setting)

how can i see in Game, that the Mod is activated ???

Yes, you chose the 2D Classic camera and switch to the [D] Free camera. Now you can place it anywhere you want. I personally like to watch the matches of my team from the technical area where my manager is located. Whenever I attend matches of other teams I place it somewhere on the stands, to watch the game like if I were at the stadium.

23 minuti fa, Exius ha scritto:

Definitely that's it! Thanks, I didn't even know the forum changed the name of the attachment. I re-attached it, now as an archive, so the name of the file inside should be correct now.

It seems FM 2017 doesn't support the free camera if you can't get it to work. All the file does - allows to play with a debug camera which is already in the game. If it's not in the game (FM 2017 for instance) - it can't add it unfortunately.

If you look closely at the image I previously posted, you'll see on the right that there are a bunch of numerous Director's Camera and a [D] Free.

So the question is: are these different cameras specifically set in the xml file or are they simply enabled through only a single string?

in the first case, probably [D] Free is not present in game and if I try to choose it in the menu, it cannot function. But in the second case, if I see all the cameras that are really available in the game, then [D] Free should definitely work. I'll keep investigating.

By the way, could I ask you where did you find the debug camera file? Is it possible to know where it's located? Maybe I could arrange a proper FM 17 Debug camera version.

Anyway, glad to help you. This is really a useful and extraordinary discover in my opinion (I'm a graphics addicted, I know:p).

...\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2019\skins\Livid19 Skin\menus    (menus Folder creating)

= match camera view popup.xml (copy / paste)

Result: it works perfect - amazing - cool !

:hammer:

maybe: someone share his Camera Position? i am very interesting in that. 

2 hours ago, Ivs said:

If you look closely at the image I previously posted, you'll see on the right that there are a bunch of numerous Director's Camera and a [D] Free.

So the question is: are these different cameras specifically set in the xml file or are they simply enabled through only a single string?

in the first case, probably [D] Free is not present in game and if I try to choose it in the menu, it cannot function. But in the second case, if I see all the cameras that are really available in the game, then [D] Free should definitely work. I'll keep investigating.

By the way, could I ask you where did you find the debug camera file? Is it possible to know where it's located? Maybe I could arrange a proper FM 17 Debug camera version.

Anyway, glad to help you. This is really a useful and extraordinary discover in my opinion (I'm a graphics addicted, I know:p).

You see the camera in the list but it doesn't work? What happens when you switch to it?

The file sets the list of cameras available to choose - their IDs and names. I'm surprised that you see all of them in FM 2017 because in FM 2019 I can choose only from those available by default (that's why I replaced 2D camera with Free and not just added it as another one).

You can find original file in the Menus.fmf archive.

4 hours ago, SpiderJu said:

" Now you can place it anywhere you want "

with which method i can fly over the Pitch ?

some types on the keyboad? with the Mouse moving around?

Moving the mouse rotates the camera, scrolling the wheel moves it forward/backward.

11 hours ago, grandedavi said:

Hi @Exius, How did you change the view settings? what program did you use? I would like to change the "TV" view by changing the angle and zooming out even more than the limits set by the game

As I said, it has nothing to do with adjusting the cameras. The file only enables a debug camera which already exists in the game (but was hidden). It can't add anything that is not in the game or change the existing cameras. Camera setup which you are looking for is most likely defined in "simatchviewe/configs/cameras_match.jsb" file. If you can find a way to open and edit it - please let me know. This is a text file but it seems to be encrypted, so you can't just open it with notepad.

16 hours ago, Exius said:

As I said, it has nothing to do with adjusting the cameras. The file only enables a debug camera which already exists in the game (but was hidden). It can't add anything that is not in the game or change the existing cameras. Camera setup which you are looking for is most likely defined in "simatchviewe/configs/cameras_match.jsb" file. If you can find a way to open and edit it - please let me know. This is a text file but it seems to be encrypted, so you can't just open it with notepad.

Thanks @Exius, i will try but where can I find "simatchviewer/configs/cameras_match.jsb" file?

1 hour ago, grandedavi said:

Thanks @Exius, i will try but where can I find "simatchviewer/configs/cameras_match.jsb" file?

Use Resource Archiever to extract it from simatchviewer.fmf. Good luck!

56 minutes ago, inphex1 said:

@Exius how i can replace the original 2D camera? Wich the 2d camera original ID, i've tried cm2d, cu2d, cmtd and cutd, and nothing happens.

2D camera ID is "cm2c". If you want to set a free camera to any other - just put "cmfr" instead of ID of any other camera which has "user_" prefix in their name.

53 minutos atrás, Exius disse:

2D camera ID is "cm2c". If you want to set a free camera to any other - just put "cmfr" instead of ID of any other camera which has "user_" prefix in their name.

thank you very very much!!!

38 minutes ago, inphex1 said:

and for FM18? Do you have any idea about how to set the camera? I've tried to use the Resource Manager, but, the jsb file is not editable, is encrypted....

I think the file from the OP should work for FM 2018 as well, but can't check it at the moment. If debug free camera was present in FM 2018 - it will work, no need to modify the jsb file. If it wasn't - there is nothing we can do.

• 4 months later...

Since I haven't purchased FM 2020 yet, I can't check it. Can anybody try it with the full version? I tried the mode with the demo, but it wasn't working, the camera didn't appear in the game. If that's what happening in the full version - bad news, guys. There is nothing we can do - SI decided to remove this option then.

1 hour ago, Exius said:

Since I haven't purchased FM 2020 yet, I can't check it. Can anybody try it with the full version? I tried the mode with the demo, but it wasn't working, the camera didn't appear in the game. If that's what happening in the full version - bad news, guys. There is nothing we can do - SI decided to remove this option then.

In SI's defense it was never intended to be in the game. It's a debug camera, no difference to exploits in other games that let you bring a menu or whatever up..

• 7 months later...