Everything TOTAL Football (From Cruyff's 343 to Guardiola's Overloads) - UPDATED Feb 28, 2023

1 minute ago, Powello said:

Yeah that was the first thing I did, I have the file, just unable to upload it anywhere and @skyline72 thanks but I can't send it to you on here as the file is too big, and yeah I have exported it using the smallest option

Hmmm that's odd.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Powello said:

Yeah that was the first thing I did, I have the file, just unable to upload it anywhere and @skyline72 thanks but I can't send it to you on here as the file is too big, and yeah I have exported it using the smallest option

You upload to mega or any filesharing host.

I download from there and upload to youtube for you.

Just now, Crazy_Ivan said:

Hmmm that's odd.

Yeah, but as I said, I reckon it's because of using phone hotspot and not wifi, maybe my data is slow today.

Just now, skyline72 said:

You upload to mega or any filesharing host.

I download from there and upload to youtube for you.

AH yeah, didn't think of that hahah thanks

1 minute ago, Powello said:

Yeah, but as I said, I reckon it's because of using phone hotspot and not wifi, maybe my data is slow today.

AH yeah, didn't think of that hahah thanks

You can pm me the link once done.

5 minutes ago, Powello said:

So no video showing what I wanted but I'll show you his perfomance in one simple screenshot :D 

but first, the game in question was at home v Newcastle, they are 15th us 3rd/2nd, forgot which one lol. So I edited the tactic to make it more attacking and adventurous, not many changes really but here is what it looked like.

neew.jpg

They were set up in a flat 5-4-1 so I knew breaking them down would be tough, I actually made the mistake of not changing the passing or tempo until I realised too late during the game. It ended up being our most attacking game to date having 42 shots, although we struggled to break them down because I forgot to change a few settings.

We only won 1-0, which doesn't sound amazing I know, but playing against a flat 5-4-1 with a low block and only the striker anywhere near the halfway line, they were tough to get through.

I find I gt alot of 1-0's against park the buses. defensively this tactic is really sound, I've just gone 15 games without conceeding to break the record (Utd also).

How do you find the mezz? Does he do enough defensively? Maybe having an attacking duty in cm allows the libero further forward to, I currently have mine on attack duty but he rarely ventures high enough to shoot, maybe giving him the room to push forward is the answer.

How about the F9? Im experimenting with an AF, I'd love my forward to be my top scorer.

2 minutes ago, daveb653 said:

I find I gt alot of 1-0's against park the buses. defensively this tactic is really sound, I've just gone 15 games without conceeding to break the record (Utd also).

How do you find the mezz? Does he do enough defensively? Maybe having an attacking duty in cm allows the libero further forward to, I currently have mine on attack duty but he rarely ventures high enough to shoot, maybe giving him the room to push forward is the answer.

How about the F9? Im experimenting with an AF, I'd love my forward to be my top scorer.

Mezz I was just rtying for this game, I usually use a cma but he never went wide enough, so I used a mezza and he made the room for bruno to run into. Helps when I have all the players set to stay wider haha. I was reading and watching videos last noght on how other people have got the libero working, including that one that got SMS being a beast there. SO I was testing some of the things I saw from everything..

F9 again just trying it this game, he didn't do a lot but he usually had 3 players marking him at all times. I think I'll probably just go back to the SS that worked well, apart from dropping too deep for my liking after a while, it worked some games but was rubbish in many others

3 minutes ago, Powello said:

Mezz I was just rtying for this game, I usually use a cma but he never went wide enough, so I used a mezza and he made the room for bruno to run into. Helps when I have all the players set to stay wider haha. I was reading and watching videos last noght on how other people have got the libero working, including that one that got SMS being a beast there. SO I was testing some of the things I saw from everything..

F9 again just trying it this game, he didn't do a lot but he usually had 3 players marking him at all times. I think I'll probably just go back to the SS that worked well, apart from dropping too deep for my liking after a while, it worked some games but was rubbish in many others

Yeah Im even considering using a PFa or Poacher just to try and get the striker some goals :p though like you say, there often outnumbered. Although if you get the libero, mezz attacking the box some one has to close them down.

1 minute ago, daveb653 said:

Yeah Im even considering using a PFa or Poacher just to try and get the striker some goals :p though like you say, there often outnumbered. Although if you get the libero, mezz attacking the box some one has to close them down.

I tried that, but again not for a long enough test really. Rewatching Brunos goal I can see a few issues in attack

9 minutes ago, Powello said:

One things for sure, the u18s are loving this tactic, they are now regularly scoring 4+ each game,they weren't doing that before

Probably the u18, u23 games are more open.

1 minute ago, skyline72 said:

Probably the u18, u23 games are more open.

probably.... I can't get this consistent in attack. Just lost a game we had 17 shots on target with no CCCs

Its strange, Im not 100% but I think it plays better on attacking mentality.

I just played Lazio in the group stage of Europa League, 0-0 again, think they will win the group on goal difference.

We ended up with equal shot, they had a couple more on target but i had 1 more CCC that we didn't take advantage of. Closing I've come to conceeding though, they played well.

Greenwood got man of the match playing as a PF(a)/Poacher. I changed after about an hour so he closed down a little more as I tweaked tactics.

3 minutes ago, skyline72 said:

It happens.

You got FMed. :lol:

happens every game, not losing obviously lol but we have loads of shots on target but the opposition keepers are walls. The most annoying thing for me is when we attack the opposition put their foot in and tackle us, when they attack our defenders run alongside them having a cup of tea asking them how their day is and then letting them go

2 minutes ago, Powello said:

happens every game, not losing obviously lol but we have loads of shots on target but the opposition keepers are walls. The most annoying thing for me is when we attack the opposition put their foot in and tackle us, when they attack our defenders run alongside them having a cup of tea asking them how their day is and then letting them go

This is actually true!!!! Or when the ball bounces loose the opposition bomb after whilst my players have a debate about whos turn it is to go get it!

1 hour ago, daveb653 said:

How did you gone 15 games without conceding?

Im conceding left and right almost every game!

3 minutes ago, skyline72 said:

Really? I just conceded first goal in 16 games, against Bournemouth!!

30 yard screamer straight from the goalie to Callum Wilson, who turned, ran 10 yards and smashed it ^^

Not doing anything special I don't think

10 minutes ago, skyline72 said:

I'm not conceding much either. For this tactic you have to make sure that your midfield us defensively sound. Good tacklers and with good positioning.

20 hours ago, daveb653 said:

here is a screen shot of libero on attack over 90 mins, no 5 is the libero.

Little bit concerned how close the wingers are to my WB's though.

20200511181307_1.thumb.jpg.2dbbd40debd712ce31551a5e4479b995.jpg

How can I get this kind of diagram report in the game? I don't get post match briefing messages like that. 

34 minutes ago, skyline72 said:

Im playing Bruno/Pogba and McTominay/Fred.

True that's a pretty good midfield. Could be something else then.

Make sure not to put too many attacking duties as it will allow opposition to counter you easier. My rule of thumb is that i can use more attacking duties if on positive mentality (but not more than 2 or 3) and use barely any on attacking mentality (maybe 1 only). This allows for more balanced compact tactic. It's also helpful to study how the individual mentality for each player changes due to to team mentality changes. Sometimes adding a TI like "overlap on wings" or "focus down the middle" will bring their mentality up a notch without disrupting your general attacking shape too much. Also some roles like inside forwards even on support are very attacking. In general you want to make sure that your defenders still defend and attackers still attack but without telling the whole team to run forward to do this.

Edited by crusadertsar

3 minutes ago, crusadertsar said:

Make sure not to put too many attacking duties as it will allow opposition to counter you easier. My rule of thumb is that i can use more attacking duties if on positive mentality (but not more than 2 or 3) and use barely any on attacking mentality (maybe 1 only). This allows for more balanced compact tactic. It's also helpful to study how the individual mentality for each player changes due to to team mentality changes. Sometimes adding a TI like "overlap on wings" or "focus down the middle" will bring their mentality up a notch without disrupting your general attacking shape too much. Also some roles like inside forwards even on support are very attacking. In general you want to make sure that your defenders still defend and attackers still attack but without telling the whole team to run forward to do this.

I understand that.

I try not to go on to Attacking mentality as I feel it will cramp up whatever space there is for teams that park the bus.

44 minutes ago, crusadertsar said:

How can I get this kind of diagram report in the game? I don't get post match briefing messages like that. 

I just get it automatically after games. Always have. Post match reports, then click on passes

Just now, daveb653 said:

I just get it automatically after games. Always have. Post match reports, then click on passes

Ok thanks, I'll check that. Don't think I had a report after the game I was looking at last. I guess I'll have to check if maybe my automatic settings have been changed, like delegating too much to my assistant and not generating reports.

12 minutes ago, crusadertsar said:

I'm using the bbm/cm(s) with tonali/fred or mctominay in the bbm and pogba/fernandes/fred for the cm(s).

I change my mentality to attacking if I'm at home and the opposition have parked a bus, 5 lorries and a trailer. Even change the cm(s) to a mezz(a) occasionally to. other than my striker role (and Libero) I dont have any other attack duties.

2 minutes ago, crusadertsar said:

Ok thanks, I'll check that. Don't think I had a report after the game I was looking at last. I guess I'll have to check if maybe my automatic settings have been changed, like delegating too much to my assistant and not generating reports.

Normally comes to my inbox the day after a game.

12 minutes ago, daveb653 said:

I'm using the bbm/cm(s) with tonali/fred or mctominay in the bbm and pogba/fernandes/fred for the cm(s).

I change my mentality to attacking if I'm at home and the opposition have parked a bus, 5 lorries and a trailer. Even change the cm(s) to a mezz(a) occasionally to. other than my striker role (and Libero) I dont have any other attack duties.

That's a good rule of thumb. I do something similar. How do you find the CM(s) in comparison to the previous Mezzala on support? Do you use any special PIs for it. I try to make mine into a secondary playmaker through PIs. To create a better link between Libero and attackers.

Squeeky bum time as I have lost 4 out of the last 5 games now with me doing a load of tinkering and the players not knowing whats going on each game. But I think I have settled on something now so just going to let the familiarity get to fluid and see how it goes. One thing I've noticed using the total football dna filter from whoever it was that posted it, the squad needs work for this style to really work.

In the summer there will be a lot of players moving on and coming in

Squeeky bum time as I have lost 4 out of the last 5 games now with me doing a load of tinkering and the players not knowing whats going on each game. But I think I have settled on something now so just going to let the familiarity get to fluid and see how it goes. One thing I've noticed using the total football dna filter from whoever it was that posted it, the squad needs work for this style to really work.

You mean this? It was actually me :lol: I did a more recent update. I think it's in this thread if you are interested. Glad at least some people are still using it. 

Edited by crusadertsar

Definitely need intelligent and good technical players to be able to play Total Football.

I believe the DNA filter is from @Ö-zil to the Arsenal!

1 minute ago, crusadertsar said:

You mean this? It was actually me :lol: I did a more recent update. I think it's in this thread if you are interested. Glad at least some people are still using it. 

ooh yes thats the one, sorry completely forgot who it was who posted it :D

It comes in very handy, just wish it could be used in the player search screen

1 hour ago, crusadertsar said:

I also don't seem to get them like that, i get pre match stuff though.

42 minutes ago, crusadertsar said:

That's a good rule of thumb. I do something similar. How do you find the CM(s) in comparison to the previous Mezzala on support? Do you use any special PIs for it. I try to make mine into a secondary playmaker through PIs. To create a better link between Libero and attackers.

OK, as a supporting role, Fernandes seem to perform alot better than Pogba in it, probably his work rate to be honest.

Only PI he has is take more risks, I've not overly complicated any of the roles purposefully in case I needed to adjust stuff. The combination of bbm and cm(s) provides a good base for my attacking players, plus wingbacks to get forward.

12 minutes ago, smithy20 said:

I also don't seem to get them like that, i get pre match stuff though.

I'll have a look, may be a setting in scouting, oh i think its assistant manager......

Nope No idea where its from :lol: 

Edited by daveb653

13 minutes ago, daveb653 said:

I'll have a look, may be a setting in scouting, oh i think its assistant manager......

Nope No idea where its from :lol: 

It's baffling me  :lol:

7 minutes ago, Powello said:

Do you all have data analyst's? they do it unless you tell someone else to do it who isn't one then you won't get one

Yeah i have three of them and a chief one.

Just now, smithy20 said:

It's baffling me  :lol:

Yeah i have three of them and a chief one.

Do you have the head scout assigning the scouting or do you do them yourself?

I have spent ages trying to find how to do it but I can't see a setting/ Perhaps reset all the staff responsibilities, maybe at the start you clicked something that stopped them doing it

Just now, Powello said:

Do you have the head scout assigning the scouting or do you do them yourself?

I have spent ages trying to find how to do it but I can't see a setting/ Perhaps reset all the staff responsibilities, maybe at the start you clicked something that stopped them doing it

Go to scouting, assignments.

You can choose who to have control over the scouting responsibility.

1 minute ago, skyline72 said:

Go to scouting, assignments.

You can choose who to have control over the scouting responsibility.

It's not me that needs it haha, I get mine haha, was just trying to help the others :D

Battling to avoid having the board question my position with this search for total football lol

Last 10 games:

Won 2 Drawn 2 Lost 6

and over the next month we have to face Arsenal 3 times, Chelsea and Liverpool

14 minutes ago, skyline72 said:

@smithy20 @crusadertsar

You will get a post match analysis the next day in your inbox.

There is a pass combination button.

Jesus, i must be blind i've seen it before on other saves. Just for the life of me couldn't remember where to view it, cheers.

Edited by smithy20

33 minutes ago, Powello said:

Battling to avoid having the board question my position with this search for total football lol

Last 10 games:

Won 2 Drawn 2 Lost 6

and over the next month we have to face Arsenal 3 times, Chelsea and Liverpool

Im about to suffer the same fate as you soon.

Lost to Leicester 0-1

Lost to Bournemouth 1-2