% of Payroll to a single Player

I had a fantastic goalie but his salary was eating 14% of payroll. It seemed a bit excessive for me, so I sold him.

What is an acceptable percentage you allow for a single player, and what was the highest you've seen (I once saw a player eating 40% of my payroll, took me a few months to get rid of him!)?

Cheers.

salary.PNG

How strict do you want to keep your wage structure?

I start with:

30% of wage budget for Key Players

30% for First Teamers

30% for Rotation/Backup players

10% to Youth/Hot Prospects

Give or take ;-)

My squad has up to four Key Players, 7 First teamers, 11 Rotation/Backup and the rest should be on Youth or Hot Prospect.

Currently, my 'structure' says my Key Players should all be on $62,485pw - whereas I have one on 75k, one on 50k one on 55k and one on 47k - so under-budget. I can offer a little more to a good First Team signing or add to the cash pool for youth players with the excess.

Have had mega-budgets in the past but still ran with the rough structure as described, so  I wouldn't stress about the percentage an individual player takes - as long as it is justified and doesn't impact the club structure too much. I might, in this particular case, drop the squad to three or even 2 Key Players to be able to pay them enough to want to play for me, or to stay loyal!

23 hours ago, Snorks said:

How strict do you want to keep your wage structure?

I start with:

30% of wage budget for Key Players

30% for First Teamers

30% for Rotation/Backup players

10% to Youth/Hot Prospects

Give or take ;-)

My squad has up to four Key Players, 7 First teamers, 11 Rotation/Backup and the rest should be on Youth or Hot Prospect.

Currently, my 'structure' says my Key Players should all be on $62,485pw - whereas I have one on 75k, one on 50k one on 55k and one on 47k - so under-budget. I can offer a little more to a good First Team signing or add to the cash pool for youth players with the excess.

Have had mega-budgets in the past but still ran with the rough structure as described, so  I wouldn't stress about the percentage an individual player takes - as long as it is justified and doesn't impact the club structure too much. I might, in this particular case, drop the squad to three or even 2 Key Players to be able to pay them enough to want to play for me, or to stay loyal!

Nice. So, 4 key players comprising 30% of payroll, that's close to 8% per player. That's nearly half than my goalkeeper...

I sometimes have no key players in my squad. I downgrade key players to first team, unless the player is really exceptional - which is quite rarely the case.

Thanks!

If your GK is worth it that's fine, if it were me I'd try to keep the other KPs a bit lower than 8% as long as the basic structure is there - if it benefits the team and he's worth the extra spend.  I could just run with three KPs to balance it.

The contract status is in the game  I think more for appearances and player happiness - a KP getting less than 60% of starts will get annoyed and might complain. I see it that if I am expecting him to play the most games, I'll pay him more.

With no KPs, say 11 first team contracts just adjust the proportion of the budget - there's lots of wiggle room for you.

I have a First-Team player on more p/w basic than two KPs at the moment. the 30/30/30/10 still works and I am within that framework but 'bent' it a little for this particular player.

Going ot the extreme, you could even have one KP who eats up 30% of your budget - but he would have to be head and shoulders better than the rest. 

Archived