Potential or Personality - Who to Sign?

Here's one of my youth intake. Aged 15.

The Good: Current Ability - One and a half stars. Potential Personality - Four gold and one black star potential personality. Bravery - 18.

The Bad: Unambitious, Determination - 2.

Do I sign him?

1820975883_GianlucaDAngelo_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.025bbbcecc1d783be1ea84738997f3b6.png

EDIT I wouldn’t have hesitated to sign him if the old tutoring system had been in place

2 hours ago, Jon harris said:

At his age those lower stats can be bettered in mentoring

True, although 2 determination is very low. I'd be more worried about some other low attributes though. That low anticipation and communication specifically, positioning as well. And if you're playing a sweeper keeper, with that pace and those footballing skills, I wouldn't touch him. 

Looks miles away from being any good as a goalkeeper, and Determination 2/Unambitious isn't going to help him get there.

Goalkeeper's a position where at peak ability I'm much more concerned about Reflexes, consistency and lack of extreme weaknesses anyway.

That said, if he's your own youth intake his personality probably isn't going to drag the squad down that much, his potential might be high enough for another club to pay money for him, and Determination actually isn't that difficult to get up if you warn him every time he plays badly in a youth game...

He's only 15, 100% keep him.  200% as you're doing a youth challenge.

Personality will develop over time - he's got 8 years until he's no longer classified as a young player, plenty of time to be influenced by other young players and (ultimately) your senior squad once you move him there.

Remember as well that Training is more important than playing time for players under the age of 18, so put him on a decent training program.  Yes personality can be important for player development, but that doesn't players with "worse" personalities won't develop.

He doesn't even look that great at 15 for Serie A club TBH...

I'd probably have kept him anyway for resale purposes, but low Det and the Unambitious trait are quite damning evidence.

BTW, what skin is that? Looks great!

Archived