Always the same gameplay

I'm tired of the gameplay, whatever way i try to attack, my players make slow moves that end up with the ball for a winger who does not even try to dribble. Just waits for the defender to arrive and throws the ball directly on the defender's body and don't react by going for the rebound. Three years in a row, tired of the same gameplay. Does it happen to you?

I feel like whatever tactic I use, I'm seeing the same style of play literally all the time. Forced out wide by the opposition, blocked cross, corner. I cannot for the life of me penetrate through the #10 space. It's frustrating as hell man. 

Not really. I am really happy with the match engine this year, after the first patch to fix the poor striker movement. Plenty of variation in the goals. Creates realistic football. It is far from perfect, but the ME is very good at the moment. Problems like the ones you describe are usually coming from the way you set up. Particularly playing as a top side against a defensive opponent. Having to create your own space by pulling teams out of position is not the easiest thing to do. It leads to the frustration of not being able to exploit the center of the pitch, and to cross fests since defensive sides are likely to cede the wide areas to you.

Archived