Big finances after overtake, yet no decent players wanting to come

Hello,

I have struggled with this many times. My czech league side was just overtaken and invested in transfer budget. Team rep is national - 3,5 stars. Last 4 seasons I played in CL group stage, once in EL play off.

Still no decent player over 10 M does not want to join. And I mean I would like to buy someone better than anything in my team = 25 M for czech team is a load of money, right? So I want to spend it.

e.g I searched for players with few attributes like 15 passing, technique, determination, flair, pace. Still finds me like 2 players which are mediocre in other attributes.

Any help on attracting better players? Or is it just reputation thing? I guess I will buy out u19 national teams and grow my own stars...

5 minutes ago, Halofon said:

Eh, sometimes average players go to China, why not Czechia? Money would be the same, even more exotic than China.

I doubt that, Chinese clubs will pay stupid wages for bad players.

The best thing you can do with this money is just sign players who will definitely make your squad better. Whoever they are. Use these players to do better in Europe than you would have done before. This should boost your reputation. The next year, you should be able to repeat this process but buying slightly better players. It will be incremental rather. You probably are not going to be able to sign Ronaldo overnight. I'd initially focus on highly rated young players too. Especially from relatively small clubs. They will then develop at your squad into really good players. You can use them to get better results in Europe, and eventually sell them on at a much higher fee (at least initially).

7 hours ago, Halofon said:

e.g I searched for players with few attributes like 15 passing, technique, determination, flair, pace. Still finds me like 2 players which are mediocre in other attributes.

There's one player in the starting database with that combination of attributes that I can imagine signing for a Czech club with a bit of money (Hulk, who's 32 and playing in China, though I'm not sure you're so rich you can pay him 500k a week). The rest are names like Neymar and Pogba, and they're really not impressed by your national reputation and group stage football.

Maybe set your sights a bit lower and sign players with potential. You probably are pretty attractive as a route into Europe for someone playing in the Colombian league, and some of those players will be around the standard of your current players and capable of being a lot better. 

Look at Ajax. Loads of money after various transfers despite the Eredivisie not being rich, but their big ticket signings were Daley Blind and Dusan Tadic. They did a lot with those two though. Also, they sign a lot of very good young players from all over the world.

500k a year would not be a problem :)

So as I thought, no gamebreaker yet, just loads of scouting. And free players are usually 32 + old, and I like young players more

Thanks folks

7 hours ago, Halofon said:

500k a year would not be a problem :)

So as I thought, no gamebreaker yet, just loads of scouting. And free players are usually 32 + old, and I like young players more

Thanks folks

No, not 500k a year - 500k a week. That's how much the bigger Chinese teams will pay a foreign player with even a modicum of talent, and there aren't all that many teams in the Premier League that could manage to afford that long-term, never mind a team in the Czech league.

Archived