Switching to FM <18: I am actually done with the current ME

Oh man, Football Manager. It is just like your girlfriend where you have a fight with every day. After every fight your are thinking about breaking up but because you love her you will come back with her every time. We call this the Spijkenisse syndrome. 

The Match Engine in the current Football Manager is absolutely horrific. Awful. Boring. Unrealistic. Repetitive. It is no where close to a realistic game of football and since FM16 it has been worse every new version. 

A few things:

SI doesn't care about QoL? Where is the "Import all schedules" function for training? Where is the "Set all" function for setting up training intensity? 

Have they forgot to implement strikers? Every time a striker has a goalscoring opportunity the ball is locked on the ****ing middle of the goal. Strikers are not scoring enough and those 1 on 1 situations are really pathetic. 

Where are the trough balls? Where???! Even if they have the opportunity to pass the ball to the striker then they still will pass the ball to the wingbacks. What are the wingbacks doing with the ball? Crossing the ball against the defender.. :) Great job. 

With what kind of ball are we playing in FM? It cant be a regular football. Maybe it is a ball we people buy at the beaches? Look at that curve hahahahahaha. Is this game made in England? I was thinking they invented football but after playing this game and seeing Spurs being demolished by Ajax I think that can't be the truth. 

So, please. Tell me. Which FM shall I start up.

Football Manager 12
Football Manager 13
Football Manager 14
Football Manager 15
Football Manager 16

Go back to FM17. I have already lost 50€.
I will have a second thought if I will buy FM 2020.
I gave to SI over 400€, and say to me "it's your tactics" and my behavior it's not ok here.

Go figure. 

1 hour ago, Cadoni said:

Go back to FM17. I have already lost 50€.
I will have a second thought if I will buy FM 2020.
I gave to SI over 400€, and say to me "it's your tactics" and my behavior it's not ok here.

Go figure. 

You know, this is not the first time you be overly negative in the forums and in your post. I don't know if you are young or if you have ever worked a serious job before. If you ever want to convince someone about something you bring up proof and evidence. You don't go up to your coworkers or manager and simply tell them something is wrong or it sucks and just leave it like that.

SI owe you nothing. They don't even need to respond to you. Also please show me where they tell you "it's your tactics" without helping you or being overly rude without reason. The "it's your tactics thing" can be a very valid reason. FM strives for realism, and if your tactics don't make sense, your game won't make sense. 

If you really think something is broken in FM, come with the stats that SI can actually analyze instead of complaining for complaining. Think long shots are broken? Show us multiple seasons of multiple leagues where long shots are statically significantly more than in real life. Replace long shots with anything you think is broken, then come back to this forum. 

Just like grown ups do in real life when they want to complain to their boss or when they want to prove something. 

Archived