Is it possible to move Australia from Asia and put it back to Oceania?

marcolmo

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/04/2019 at 02:20, marcolmo said:

Is it possible to move Australia from Asia and put it back to Oceania?

You'd have to re-do most if not all not only Asian competitions as well as the Oceanic ones from scratch. Includes most if not all of Asian international cups, international club competitions (AFC CL and Cup) as well as the Oceanic counterparts (OFC CL, Nations' League). You'd also have to redo the World Cup and WC qualifyings due to some dependencies, and see if redoing any of these do not affect something else in some other confederation for some random reason. It's possible, but really, REALLY cumbersome.

I've been trying to work something different but that ends in a similar situation where you'd have to re-do everything, and honestly I threw my hands in the air. You can only rework the World Cup so many times before you get tired of it. The Editor doesn't help at all either: sometimes it verifies, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it pulls errors that have nothing to do with what you're working on, due to some dependencies... or due to no dependency at all. There's also not a whole lot of documentation or user feedback/experiences you can use either when searching the forums; especially in Advanced Mode where all bets are off.

If you want to redo some things, you can try this thread, but you cannot export that database to FM19 because it simply doesn't verify for some random reasons. I've had the db telling me I cannot use Netherlands Antilles in the UEFA Nations' League... even though I don't see why they'd even try to pick up an extra national team since all 55 European ones are registered and spread in the right groups. Anyway, here it is.

On 27/04/2019 at 14:38, marcolmo said:

Many thanks for the valuable information.

I'll download your file, thanks again.

marcolmo

I take no credit for work that wasn't mine. :brock: I just try to make the info available, and if you're brave enough to re-do a huge portion if the entirety of international competitions, keep us informed. :)

Archived