Fans laughing at me? Bug?

Sure this have to be a bug? I resigned after winning CL and La Liga with Valencia and then spent 5 months without a job. Burnley lounging in the lower end of the Championship in November just fired their manager and I declared my interest.

This is the response from their fans? Really? Bug or some valid explanation?

image.thumb.png.02093339d7313f799b791f81b7143678.png

image.thumb.png.03db1c8461cc9923585f571f3fd05882.png

My stats:
image.thumb.png.cb18252d1fd15d48df4aa5a0acfb89fa.png

3 minutes ago, wattzy said:

Probably something to do with the game’s reputation system being unable to keep up with your editing of the game 

Sure, I have money and I use a really good tactic by TFF. Is that reason enough you say?

I don’t know the exact reason why you can’t get the Burnley job, but from what you’ve shown it looks like you’ve used the editor in some way which has enabled you to win 3 leagues and a champions league in 3 years with two clubs nowhere near good enough to achieve that, whilst probably having a starting manager reputation that doesn’t fit a manager competing at these levels. 

I apologise profusely if I am wrong, but as is commonly said on these forums - unrealistic input usually equals unrealistic output. 

2 minutes ago, wattzy said:

I don’t know the exact reason why you can’t get the Burnley job, but from what you’ve shown it looks like you’ve used the editor in some way which has enabled you to win 3 leagues and a champions league in 3 years with two clubs nowhere near good enough to achieve that, whilst probably having a starting manager reputation that doesn’t fit a manager competing at these levels. 

I apologise profusely if I am wrong, but as is commonly said on these forums - unrealistic input usually equals unrealistic output. 

Not sure what the editor could do that would affect all of this in such a way? I have money, I increase my budgets because that's how I like to play. I use TFFs Gladiator tactics which makes my teams overperform.

My reputation is currently continental at 4 full stars. My starting reputation was the highest possible with the highest Licence.

So the most unrealistic part here would probably be the tactic since money isn't exactly unrealistic.

Still weird why the Burnley fans would laugh at me I think considering I get offers from Chelsea, Inter, Barcelona and now Dortmund.

Probably worth uploading the save to the bugs forum then. They’ll have a look at it for you and explain why it might’ve happened.

But I’d be pretty confident that it’s something to do with how the save has been edited.

If your reputation is as high as you say, it may simply be a poorly worded response.

The supporters spokesman may feel that you aren't genuinely interested in the job, or be taking the point of view that you wouldn't be in the job for the long term were you genuinely interested in it.

Look at it as a 'yeah right, like he actually wants to come here!' rather than 'ha, like he's good enough to manage us!'

13 minutes ago, johnhughthom said:

If your reputation is as high as you say, it may simply be a poorly worded response.

The supporters spokesman may feel that you aren't genuinely interested in the job, or be taking the point of view that you wouldn't be in the job for the long term were you genuinely interested in it.

Look at it as a 'yeah right, like he actually wants to come here!' rather than 'ha, like he's good enough to manage us!'

Could be :) But I actually applied for the job and they didn't even get me an interview, instead they hired Lee Johnson the manager of 16th positioned Nottingham Forest.

Just a bit odd, maybe not even topic-worthy...

28 minutes ago, johnhughthom said:

That was my initial thought too. Perhaps the OP could experiment a little and apply for a few more jobs that his reputation is too high for and see if they're rejected aswell. 

1 hour ago, vishers said:

That was my initial thought too. Perhaps the OP could experiment a little and apply for a few more jobs that his reputation is too high for and see if they're rejected aswell. 

I ended up in Leicester who was 7th in the Championship. I got offers from Watford and Bristol City as well, both in mid Championship. Burnley were the only ones who didn't like me. 

On 26/03/2019 at 20:11, Karnack said:

I ended up in Leicester who was 7th in the Championship. I got offers from Watford and Bristol City as well, both in mid Championship. Burnley were the only ones who didn't like me. 

Bit strange, perhaps you upset them somehow like the footballer in the 90s who insulted the women of the town he was playing for!

I hear ya, but the wording doesn't really make that seem plausible. "They categorically dismissed Joakim Lundmark's interest in the job, stating that the club should not be considering HIS APPLICATION and will instead continue to appraise other candidates for the post".

At this point it would seem likely that the manager, in this case me, would actually be interested in the job since an application has been brought forth :)

29 minutes ago, Karnack said:

I hear ya, but the wording doesn't really make that seem plausible. "They categorically dismissed Joakim Lundmark's interest in the job, stating that the club should not be considering HIS APPLICATION and will instead continue to appraise other candidates for the post".

At this point it would seem likely that the manager, in this case me, would actually be interested in the job since an application has been brought forth :)

Maybe they just don't see you as a viable LONG-TERM appointment and are urging the board to ignore your application for that reason.

34 minutes ago, upthetoon said:

You are seeing it in the wrong context.

Me as a Newcastle fan, also laughed when Rafa was interested in the job. It seemed implausible.

Exactly the point I was making, for exactly the same reason :) I knew it would take a fellow Geordie to see it this way!

Seems like its worth reporting, especially if it helps improve the reputation system. You usually get more in depth reasoning if it's there, for example I've had applications come up with a message saying the club wont pursue it as they dont believe they can afford me.

When, i. e. at which moment in the game, is a reputation change caused by achievements considered, immediately after winning something or at the beginning of the next saison? Otherwise it could be that some success was achieved but not yet considerd ...

16 minutes ago, lex311085 said:

Is the game that intricate though?

There is a social feed message if you're managing, for instance, Farsley Celtic in the Northern Premier League (English 8th tier) and declare Messi as your top transfer target, the fans will say they "appreciate the manager's sense of humour"

Archived