Youth Team Tactics

What is the best thing to do when choosing tactics for youth team (i.e leave to manager/use first team/ use saved tactic) as for my tactics i use a inside forward if a winger is the opposite foot to the side he plays on and a winger if it is the same, so i have to redo tactics each year for my U18s each season depending on intake, for my U23's i use first team tactics, but it annoys me they use the ones i used in the last game and no my primary. 

The problems with this is that my youth intake doesn't necessarily generate players that fit my set up so players end up out of position (i currently have a lot of high potential cbs who end playing Fb) , so would it be better if i left the tactics to the managers for the best development of players, hence would this mean it would be best to leave individual training to the managers as well.

The downside of doing that is players possible don't learn the roles i play, so what is best in terms of development for them to become a first team player,

(I currently move 1 or 2 players a year from either the U18s or U23's in the first team squad at the start of a season)

It depends on what you want from your youths. If you are nurturing them to sell on for a profit, I guess you do need to go through the slog of setting up youth match tactics to get the best out of them by developing their natural roles. I always prepare my youths to move into my first team, so train them to alter their positions roles etc, meaning the tactics simply replicate the first team.

Archived