(FM17) Gibraltarian league rules

Cleaning my pc for extra space i found a lot of saves that i started and never got so far, one of those was a gibraltar challenge i tried until i got excited about my main save when all started going my way and forgot about gibraltar

Anyway, the save was in early june, so league was over, signed some african/asian players and some english rejects, only to find out before the first game of the season that u need 1 player trained in gib in the starting xi and 3 in total

How do the ones doing this challengue go over this rule? As this could be problematic once the team is a CL group stage regular due to 3 players having to lose games in the league due to that rule and getting player at 18 or less with good potential is costly and hard since im the 4th best team in gibraltar right now

Any tips from people that got this challengue done?

On 23/03/2019 at 23:02, WorcesterLegend said:

Cleaning my pc for extra space i found a lot of saves that i started and never got so far, one of those was a gibraltar challenge i tried until i got excited about my main save when all started going my way and forgot about gibraltar

Anyway, the save was in early june, so league was over, signed some african/asian players and some english rejects, only to find out before the first game of the season that u need 1 player trained in gib in the starting xi and 3 in total

How do the ones doing this challengue go over this rule? As this could be problematic once the team is a CL group stage regular due to 3 players having to lose games in the league due to that rule and getting player at 18 or less with good potential is costly and hard since im the 4th best team in gibraltar right now

Any tips from people that got this challengue done?

I ended up regularly submitting 17 man CL squads since I couldn't fulfill the home-grown rules.  Domestically you shouldn't have a problem - enough facilities investment and you'll be producing players that can blitz any team in Gibraltar.

hace 1 hora, forameuss dijo:

I ended up regularly submitting 17 man CL squads since I couldn't fulfill the home-grown rules.  Domestically you shouldn't have a problem - enough facilities investment and you'll be producing players that can blitz any team in Gibraltar.

I don't mind the 17 man squad (done it twice as a top team in england) what im talking about is players wanting league game time, as gib players will never be as good as foreing players those 3 league spots saved for them (specially yhe starting xi one) will make me have 1 or 2 players asking for more play time

48 minutes ago, WorcesterLegend said:

I don't mind the 17 man squad (done it twice as a top team in england) what im talking about is players wanting league game time, as gib players will never be as good as foreing players those 3 league spots saved for them (specially yhe starting xi one) will make me have 1 or 2 players asking for more play time

Can't remember having too many issues with that, but when I was in Gibraltar, any complaints would be met with a swift kick in the stones.  I rushed through domestic matches so much that there probably were some, but they didn't amount to much.  Either rotate, or rule with an iron fist I guess.