[FM19] Larne - A tycoon in a small Northern Ireland pond

Trent71

Damn that was a tough group! Definitely not embarrassed though 9at least by Galatasaray, who I took 4 points off, including a big 2-1 win at Windsor Park)  European football after Christmas, that's everyone's dream right?

253840196_Screenshot2019-05-08at22_28_15.thumb.png.389e458c0c84d4c88ec04b4efd812ced.png 

2 hours ago, Geordieboy52 said:

Wow, youve progressed quickly - im at the end of that season and not CL ready let alone competitive. What's your youth intake been like? I am still struggling to attract anyone lower championship quality.

We've mainly been stealing off talents from other teams, just got my semi-decent player on the last intake - this guy

Our progress has been great due to stealing Spanish/Czech/Serbian/Scottish newgens. We'll see if I'll be able to keep them for awhile at the club though :) 

38 minutes ago, Trent71 said:

This is nice, mine is still in the planning stages, has been for almost a year now.

Yeah, mine was in planning for about that - usually they get cancelled before making it this far.  Wonder what the expansion capacity is...

Yes! Finally we're at State of the Art

Our current league form is spanning about 70 games without a loss, but sadly we suffered a 0:0 draw early in the campaign, which means our chase for a complete invincibles season (38 wins, 0 draws, 0 losses) will continue for a while longer :/  

27 minutes ago, Trent71 said:

Yes! Finally we're at State of the Art

Our current league form is spanning about 70 games without a loss, but sadly we suffered a 0:0 draw early in the campaign, which means our chase for a complete invincibles season (38 wins, 0 draws, 0 losses) will continue for a while longer :/  

Nice, I am struggling to get the board to go past excellent.

On 30/04/2019 at 15:28, Trent71 said:

@coyote of the sea nice! I always followed Ethan, but never actually got to signing him, how's he developing for you?

He's doing alright, forget where he started but had a couple attributes bump up. For his long shooting ability I'm usually shocked how few he'll bang in. Ignore the Motherwell thing, they made an offer but he didn't like the contract they offered lol. At least he isn't mad at me, like Mitchell got because telling the lads I think we can win the league isn't ambitious enough (it was the only option Mitchell, also maybe don't blow a 2-0 lead in the CL AND not save a single penalty next time, ******)

20190509145654_1.thumb.jpg.bf17a05caa2063c4c1a6f8a16d31f50a.jpg

13 hours ago, Geordieboy52 said:

Nice, I am struggling to get the board to go past excellent.

If you haven't put "develop youth players" in the philosophies, it's probably the reason why. I started without any philosophies, but added them once I started to collect youth newgens for the first team.

2020/2021 Pre-season

Being a bit lazy on recapping the old seasons, nothing really that exciting happened anyways =p. This season was our first in the Champions League and it went so well (/s), First Prelim round we faced off with Georgian team Saburtalo. Went up 2-0 with goals from Hamilton and Zelalem, gave one back in the 46th minute, then one of my loanees from last season gets himself sent off in the 60th, but we hang on...til 90+2 when we give up an equalizer and goes to extra time. No-one scores and we go to penalties, with a squad that apparently is horrendous at pens (my best taker on the field had like a 7), as mentioned we lost in pens (not surprising) with us keeping the tradition of our keeper not saving a single one, though at least Mitchell didn't let 12 in AND miss one so...progress?

Anyways with that over we could go back to focusing on friendlies and building the real team for this year. Still a WIP but we are mostly set lining up like this: 

20190510135102_1.thumb.jpg.e17892cfbd88a470fdf849e5ee16271b.jpg

Ignore the subs, those will change I just didn't have enough homegrowns for the Europa League, boo. Only other for sure change is McEleney will probably move to the Anchorman position but still working on who will partner with Dixon-Bonner, trying to get a newgen North Irish kid that looks pretty decent on loan til he stops pouting that we walked away from talks (I only did because I could buy him outright for like 35k or pay 200k in compensation, tough decision that). 

20190510141518_1.thumb.jpg.e6017108fb0fb89a2d32c213d733e48b.jpg

Jumping reach and tackling are a bit iffy but those mentals at 17 are too much to pass up imo. 

Transfers so far, looking to add Arijanety Muric on loan from City in goal, as he's done well enough on trial. Also got loan offers out for Leonardo Da Silva Lopes (possible starting RB), Ante Coric (couldn't pass it up), and Marius Mouandilmadji (looks like a great IF/ST). Though it's a toss-up if Mouandilmadji will get a WP. 

20190510135955_1.thumb.jpg.390c8c3f06235ce62c1659e370705187.jpg

Fraser Sharpe and Stephen Douglas are both newgens, Sharpe was brought in when I still used an AF up top so he's a bit of an odd fit now but man do I want to try to figure it out at some point. 16 Finishing, 16 First Touch, 15 Heading, 14 Jumping, and 15 Strength with decent mentals (10 Ant, 12 Movement, 16 Bravery) at 17. Douglas is a year old at 18 and pretty meh (at best) technically but has great mentals (including 14 movement, and 19 teamwork!) and pretty decent physicals. 

Someday I'll stop trying to replace everyone at least once a week haha.  But no the problem is like Trent71 said, standards change so much, and for me I get too caught up in the hunt for the next best thing! 

EDIT: Wow, such BS, we crash out of the Europa league to ****ing TNS now because of a BS goal in the first leg, then a 120+1 goal in the 2nd. 

Edited by coyote of the sea

8 hours ago, coyote of the sea said:

EDIT: Wow, such BS, we crash out of the Europa league to ****ing TNS now because of a BS goal in the first leg, then a 120+1 goal in the 2nd. 

In the first seasons I got a few results like that as well, which kept me out of Europe. 

Meanwhile, in my 23/24 season, we just did a miracle in Europe... win against Monaco and respectful draws at home vs Liverpool (0:0) and the already mentioned 3:3 in the first fixture vs Bayern, means we'll be playing in the Europa league in the spring! Can't wait! 

In the league, our kids keep running rampant - have you seen 3 hattricks by 3 players in one game? Now I have! In one of the previous seasons, I had a Romanian newgen that even scored 2 hattricks in one game...this Larne save definitely opens new doors for me :D

Our star player is Monaco reject Wilson Isidor, signed on a free, mainly because his name is pretty close to Isildur :D:D 

Good stuff guys - I am beginning to think this is become stale but your updates are driving me on.  This is currently my best player

1758761608_Screenshot2019-05-12at08_17_58.thumb.png.2c179a3d2d821aee592fad2479ee80b3.png

We're now constantly competing for a CL/EL spot but the problem is that the rest of the league are not progressing at all and I still ned to go through every qualifying round known to man to get there...

Just had a very interesting turn of events. Glenavon have been taken over by a Russian tycoon, who by the wording seems to be front end (will stop at nothing etc. etc.).  Had a peek under then hood at Christmas time and this is what was there...1290500666_Screenshot2019-05-12at09_24_16.thumb.png.6bd03bd70e0f1a7576f450cda1351224.png

1471048416_Screenshot2019-05-12at09_24_21.png.1d8c26e2384c67de2c23f2db3dc0ffe5.png

That is far and away more than me and will be interesting to see how they developand how long he hangs around for.

On 22/03/2019 at 01:08, Truegunner said:

Good to see people playing as these, I started a save with them before the 19.3 patch and well it's been quite a ride, since being promoted in the first season I have won trophy after trophy in Northern Ireland, developed the facilities and youth setup to the absolute max and have even managed to get a new stadium built, all the while being fortunate enough to keep the sugar daddy. In terms of Europe we had a strong record progressing year on year, then we had a breakthrough year reaching the Europa league final in 2025, however years later we did one better...

ec0ab08fa4ca120704cd2eb61fd790d6.png

And if anyone wants to know my best player in the team is actually from our youth academy and he is listed as world class:

05aa439e4a583b7fa5bae2be9ef42081.jpg

It is however getting very difficult to progress as the league is now up to three star reputation, but the rest of the league is far off the standard we are at, only five other teams are professional and pretty much every win we now win every game in the league, I may be hitting a glass ceiling soon.

Looking to start a new game with Larne.

Is there much of a difference to the team before or after the patch?

36 minutes ago, MShing said:

Looking to start a new game with Larne.

Is there much of a difference to the team before or after the patch?

If things go well, they'll not be there for long to be honest.

They've ungraded facilities and are continually 2nd now - I have increased stature to 2 1/2 stars now 'geet in there'.  I have a couple of belters upfront now and was worried that they'd leave in the summer, especially when 3 and 4 million bids came in for a striker with a year left but he signed a new 5 year deal with no release clause and his partner in crime signed a 4 year deal.  In other news Callum Gribbin (who had been amazing for me) has been replaced by an AMC who is streets apart from pretty much anyone in the league - I picked him up on a free.  Starting to see both interest in my players from other teams and much bigger/higher potential players wanting to come to me.  Will upload some screenshots when I get home.

On a less happy note, my record in the main stages of European competition is abysmal.  My keeper's stats are shot by conceding between 15 and 25 in each CL group stage :(

1 hour ago, Trent71 said:

Cross looks awesome :D

Meanwhile, the Dallas manager is trying to be funny or mainly looking to get his freakin teeth knocked out! Absolute joke of an offer.

Haha! You really have to put up with some horrendous offers.  I am going to start to look to sell to rivals and see if the nation can be boosted.

I couldn't believe it when scouts found him and he was interested - free from Chelsea (after a few dodgy loan spells). 

Yeah, I dunno what is it with newgen's rep, but a newgen is much more likely to join you than an existing player in the DB. I can't quite put my finger on it, but maybe it's a reputation difference between the starting players and the newgens.

With Phil Cannon at the helm of the academy and our facilities at top notch, finally some good players - Cowan and Glackin can possibly become great strikers for our side. 

After "relegating" from the CL Groups to the Europa League Knockout stage, we faced off with Slavia Prague - 4:1 win at home and a 0:3 win away sent the Czech team packing, while CSKA Moscow were the next in line - a tense game at home with CSKA getting a red after the hour mark, we finally broke through and got a goal, with a 2nd coming in after 95 minutes of play! 2:0 and some cushion for the away trip to Moscow. In the away game, CSKA scored early on, but luckily after half hour we got that vital away goal. Second half started - BANG! 1:2! In the latter stages of the match we got a 3rd, so our European run will last awhile longer! 

In the Quarter Finals, we have...

Spoiler

25424557d7443713f2b83c45c8c66be9.thumb.png.e6d082061c64773494411653ec0a791b.png

I'm happy, I wished for Olympiacos in the interview after the CSKA Moscow game and got them! Maybe time for a Semi? :D

Two things have just happened in quick succession - one massive, one minor both infuriating.

1) Kenny Bruce has scaled down his funding; I think we're self-sustaining now but we'll soon see.

2.) I sold a fringe player to a premier league club (yes, you read that correctly) for a very hard-negotiated £2.5m (£15 upfront, £1m + 50%) an immediately he's worth £12m!

We've moved up to 21st in qualification place lists too.

I think this summer will be a case of rejecting bids daily for some of my best players.

Edited by Geordieboy52

Tough luck!

I won against Olympiacos 2:1 at home, but a 1:3 defeat in Greece + a red card made sure we're out of the Euro Cup and couldn't reach the Semis.

Personally, I'm already going for a rebuild, as a host of teams are interested in most of my players and I have better talented 17-18yos coming in. Also one tasty Serbian DMC from Man City coming in on a 20K per week wage :D

For the LotR fans among you..."the way is shut" :D I think I ought to start Vantruba as my first choice keeper than the Peacock!

Also...Mind. The. Gap. Not anywhere near close to my target of 200 goals, but defensively, we've gone from strength to strength. Also our initial budgets are worth mentioning, as I believe most Championship teams will be happy with those numbers! 

This news item - made me chuckle. Obviously not everyone is happy with their amount of playing time, but... :D

Well, it was fun while it lasted... we then led 2:0 against Ballymena, only to lose 2:3 with a red-card to Ilic. 

Also, I love doing bits of business like this! We sell him and then we loan him back in! :D Overall, we were great on the transfer market as we keep pumping fresh money into the club. 

Once more, the CL Group draw was not kind to us.... but then again, with the CL money we're now sitting pretty on 54M balance, so it's not too bad!

2 years in a row of coming 3rd in the Champions League Group.  Actually thought we were going to qualify too, we were really unlucky to lose to Porto away by 2-1 so I fancied our chances in the return fixture at home.  We got pumped 6-1 :D

Also should have beat Milan at home but indiscipline cost us as we went down to 10 men and then lost 1-0 in the last minute, our disciplinary record in Europe is appalling.   Season isn't over yet so we'll see what the Europa throws up but domestically it's obviously too much of a stroll, annoyed that a 1-1 draw with Glentoran has cost us a 100% win record this season.  Considering the next time I steal a prospect from a league rival that I might pay about £5m for him to see if they can invest it well and improve the quality of the league a bit.

Also I finally had a good youth player come through with a young left winger, will post some screenshots when I'm home.

22 hours ago, The Art of Drowning said:

Considering the next time I steal a prospect from a league rival that I might pay about £5m for him to see if they can invest it well and improve the quality of the league a bit.

Don't bank on it - Glenavon had a front end sugar daddy on mine and they couldn't find anyone to buy, such is the level of the league! I guess the only way to build that it to let promising players go to league rivals and accept all offers from NI clubs.

@Geordieboy52 How much do you want for those newgens? =P, Would love either of those strikers, are they wrecking the league yet? 

Shame Bruce is backing out a bit, especially with some (money wise) competition in the league. 

@The Art of Drowning Damn! That'd like double the amount of cash my team had haha. Looks like doing pretty well in Europe too. 

Reached the 20/21 transfer deadline after taking a bit of a break from the save, went out and made our biggest offer to date at $1m: 

20190527165749_1.thumb.jpg.8f1d9b00bead190fd15f1c600bd1a711.jpg

Won't do pictures of everyone since a lot are just guys brought in to stick in the U20s and hope they develop but some of the guys more around the first team, starting with record transfer Jhon Arteaga:

20190527165901_1.thumb.jpg.5e7790bce391e4bf69ed48922f7f4dd2.jpg

disappointed a bit in the off the ball but overall really excited to see what he'll add to the team, took a big chance being we hadn't even fully scouted him by the deadline. Nice benefit we can use him in the midfield if need be (considering his strength and jumping I'd like to avoid it though!) 

Next is one of our two free transfer, Elijah Dixon-Bonner who I'm really excited about

20190527165800_1.thumb.jpg.51211149ef2872eff7eacbb2f598f5bb.jpg

Already making good progress on learning how to play DC considering he started with no knowledge. Looks like a perfect fit for my system with good passing and good pace/Acc. Bonus being great in the air as well. Was super excited he signed for us. 

George Byers is another I'm happy with, and has started well for us so far. though lacking a goal still:

20190527165805_1.thumb.jpg.a1a87ac19a9384086130b15dda783af4.jpg

After a lot of messing around he's gone back to being my striker as he fits the more withdrawn role with his passing and vision. 

Talked about Fraser Sharpe earlier but here is a picture. Trying to train him to play off the wing since I don't he'll work at striker in our current set-up but with his dribbling and first touch hoping he can do damage as the main scorer off the wing (though pace/acceleration is a bit iffy): 

20190527172936_1.thumb.jpg.78eea991f639466d19d945f5bb641e25.jpg

Last picture is Stephen Douglas: 

20190527165825_1.thumb.jpg.26e25ff5fb2f55ee1c55ea7345fc4e77.jpg

One more for the future but I've been using him as a rotation piece. LOVE his mentals and hoping he'll develop some really good technical skills to go along with them but we'll see. Being only 18 should help as long as he is willing to stick around a few years.

So far kept our league unbeaten run going, haven't been as successful in Europe (as mentioned earlier), Right now Ethan Hamilton and Fraser Sharpe lead the team in goals (4), George Byers leads in assists (4), and Chicksen has the highest rating (7.56). Also lead the league with 14 goals scored and just 2 allowed in the first 6 games. 

@coyote of the sea how has brexit affected you?

We can only have 17 foreign players in the squad.  Could also previously sign up players from scotland and england at 15/16 but have to wait until they turn 18 now.

Anyway it's been 3 years in a row now of making the Champions League groups, finishing 3rd and then losing either the first or 2nd game after dropping into the Europa.  Not sure how the next step is achieved, squad is always ridiculously young because once a player has been here a little while he gets unsettled by the big clubs, sold and replaced with someone even younger.

On 31/05/2019 at 02:43, The Art of Drowning said:

@coyote of the sea how has brexit affected you?

We can only have 17 foreign players in the squad.  Could also previously sign up players from scotland and england at 15/16 but have to wait until they turn 18 now.

Anyway it's been 3 years in a row now of making the Champions League groups, finishing 3rd and then losing either the first or 2nd game after dropping into the Europa.  Not sure how the next step is achieved, squad is always ridiculously young because once a player has been here a little while he gets unsettled by the big clubs, sold and replaced with someone even younger.

Very little, rules didn't change, though have the same that anyone that isn't North Irish I have to wait til they turn 18 to sign. 

Tough =/, hopefully able to figure it out. Feel you on the young players, seems soon as any of them start going on a run of great form it's time to look for the next lad because the other guy will be gone by the next window. 

Thought I'd post my squad to give an idea of how much the standard of player can increase as the save continues.  Also want to show how stupidly big the squad is and look to get advice on who to keep and who to loan/sell.  Got about 10 strikers and only play one up front :D  I'm also Northern Ireland manager, I like the idea of some of my players gaining the nationality later to make their team better.

Keepers: 

Herteg - We did have a better spanish keeper called Jorge but PSG stole him so I went and signed Herteg to replace him as first choice

35748B5CF0CDE49FE0337649604D02699C8A7072

Nicholl: Dungannon released him but he's actually very good for this level, I'm giving him games at international level

B9B0B9F7EC3303D7547B3B3B4517B249BA365515

Peacock-Farrell - A rare real player still in the team.  Nice option to have on rotation

93A247D642B298202D19BE331D0EC840E61A25CA

Full Backs:

Tumelo Khumalo - First choice right back signed from South Africa

9D0177BA882E038F4FCCDEFAC11CFFDF09DE3C23

Angel Luis Sanz - Former Real Madrid left back signed to replace the £10m sale of Tony Brown (went to Burnley, now at Man Utd)

BC3BC4D3F5AEE275A348C84B05C277AE6F2F5F88

Peter Long - Left Back, came through our youth system and has good potential

202EEAE0887B74AA8C019CC37F9A5269DCF3D3B5

Mark Beckett - Again through our own youth system and again with great potential

BD4C299364091B87EBADA8FF82BBD7D10DEACE2F

Nigel Mcmullan - It's nice to have another N.Irish option, signed after Glenavon released him:

2AF2249793282B76C1FC6915775047853DAD5387

Jiri Krejci - Czech youngster who always gets really high ratings

8871F8CA6672FC42E9F62DFA1641106589D7BBBC

Centre Backs

Ivan Bajic - Class Centre Back, cost just £165k from serbia.  Hoping he'll become Northern Irish one day

649730AC873CE14D76A60610418F3ABC1E61507C

Scott Mclaren - £6m! signing from Celtic, well worth the money

3313212851CEB102B9D4D029187E2CA3E74BE7BB

Richy - Signed from Valencia, still very young but has had 4 seasons with us now, another one I'd like to see become N.Irish

AD2E923C35B5D635977C22593BFF33A425E98386

Gareth Llewellyn - Only 21 but has been with us since he was 16, signed on a free from Bala and is quite happy as backup getting regular games for Larne Olympic

6BFF7759505F83AB58DA23F3E5C91ECBF56E5E7E

Sime Glumac - Croatian Centre Back signed from Hajduk for £550k, I'd also like him to change nationality one day

62189B7347EC30601EA93828FEDF9136F062725B

Jim Sproule - Released by Dungannon and only really signed for Larne Olympic, I'm still capping him atm.

62189B7347EC30601EA93828FEDF9136F062725B

Bruno Madeira - One of them free transfers with no past club.  Currently on trial until he signs at 18.

9D83E0D34F92603E8B22B18B3D34B25FB0525854

In midfield we play a Half Back and a Segundo Volante behind an advanced playmaker in Central Midfield, here are those options:

Central Midfield

Anibal Silveira - Signed for £500k from Braga, only got limited game time in his first season but he probably deserves more

E67CDD30906A520175D5932C2DB464D46482C1A6

Dale Slater - Been with us 5 seasons now and was an absolute bargain at £22k from Dungannon

E184D0DA4E41AF0AAB0127DDFD99DD16D9C2BA94

Jonny Graham - A nice option to have through our youth system

0E9D03EF4B9DFA68843BA5F4226ADF41FEF11F29

Gary O'Hara - Might be one to sell now but he is a good homegrown option , only 22 but has been at the club since signing as a 15 year old from St Mirren for £50k.

1D89D25B5E6706C406FBFA6CA4020972DEB6DDD2

Burak Budak - A Record £12m! (in instalments) signed from Galatasary 

7079EE2D2CE3D5AC74361DACB4775AD211AA97F4

David Telletxea - Really good player and regular starter for us in big games, signed for £500k from Eibar.

908E2D40EFDEFDF04230C68C67A8C427509D7C40

Raymond Moukoko - Actually only signed to make up the numbers for our B Team but he's developing nicely

AD197317DB68DEB89EA039C710F592C8693D33D5

Finn Hartford - Quite a new signing, decided to sell some foreign players and wanted a replacement who would count as homegrown

5CD57893C1DBC2DBB1EF9493FCE19C34FD0E07BB

Agust Leo Markan - One of 2 Icelandic players in the side and he is one of our best players

EC1FD227327CBB4C693806B1C51DDAB364F4DD34

Wingers/Inside Forwards

Michael McConnell - Came through our youth system and is now a regular in my Northern Ireland side and a great option for Larne on the left

061DEF52E2B8107DC28CF9F0D1C326DF6715670D

Nicholas Mounier - Another one of them free signings with no historic club.  Had him on trial until he could sign at 18, loaned him out a year with not much hope but came back looking class.

32DD21981765EDF7C0BE58AAA76CDD4817D1A343

Max Parrino - Was shocked we were able to sign this guy, absolute class on the left inside forward position

FBC76CC5A28DAF080B0096ACEEDB5CFC2AD91A00

Radoslaw Bil - Probably our best player tbh.  Signed for £3.8M From Legia, only because David Fitzpatrick was tapped up by Aberdeen.  Now wanted by Real, PSG, City and just about every big side.

36521DD34159394491E15BEA5D3A601A96668F06

Gary Trainor - Stole from Linfield for an extra N.Irish option.  Regular for me at international level now

7AFC8EA520622E9BA2FA664841BA41411A235C41

John Rafferty - Just another home grown option to replace foreigners in the squad, signed from Shamrock

B0D9E56320867261D83BB0E09DCD4D5FF750C7CD

The most ridiculous position of them all is up front, we only play one striker most games but we have so many options:

Strikers

Hilmar Eiriksson - The other Icelandic player in our squad and he's pretty damn good!

8FE2A3BE504AEE219E83F2D3E5426223045B7675

Shea McDonell - Bit of a legend at club and international level.  Been with us 5 years and cost us £50k from Glenavon

5F65102BD66A073188D168936C4895ED58905618

Daniel Kearney - Also important at club and international level for us.  Just 21 years old  and also with us for 5 years after signing for £40k from Dungannon

432DB0858206990DDC6BA3154DE4CCACAAD7040A

Keith Quinn - He's a good young northern irish player but I think could be one for the chop.  Another Dungannon signing for £20k

855BA5DDB394236F5E7F59B5253F49BD34EDD164

David Browne - Came through our youth team and has great potential,  annoying he is choosing the Republic right now:

6BEEF33FC47FE20A6E3DC067BE18B0DFA7F6BD22#

Gary Graham - Our latest youth team option, gave him a cap for no real reason yet

1DDC7779EA3FE2022F148710A422D3C72A2FF45A

Marijan Tolic - Another free signing with no previous club.  Has developed a lot more than expected and has just had a great year at Rjelka in croatia

01D1766B8EF9561692D3F61ACB08F918D6418EB3#

Cristian Calin - Another free signing with no historic clubs.  Loaned him to the Romanian 2nd tier and he did really well so might try and loan him to a better club next year.

F68BCABBFCFD53658E7D1B5C144D9EB7C248CD58

I just want to say a thank you to the guys posting in here. I had been browsing and read your posts on a save with Larne, I had no idea they had a tycoon.

It must be said the idea of just leathering teams every week and being proper ruthless whilst trying to build a league rep and do anything in Europe appealed to me.

I'll post up about my save tomorrow when I get time to get the screenshots. But the short version of it.

S1 - Title and Cup so straight into Europe.

S2 - Champions and make it to the Playoff round of the Europa before bottling badly.

S3 - Just started failed in CL quali but made it into EL groups.

All facilities upgraded, I've used the Scottish market very well so far and my scout got me a 5 star newgen (at our level) right away. So he's been playing week in week out and is closing in on 100 career goals at not long turning 18, so it's given me the challenge of trying to get him 1000 goals in his career also.

It's been great fun, a bit of pressure (to stay unbeaten) but at the same time allows a lot of half arsery in the league as well so can do other things while playing. 

• 3 weeks later...

Jumping on the Larne train, after having trouble settling in a save. First thing to do will be not getting attached to players, and seeing their quality., i doubt it will be a problem

Transfers for now:

ee66ede57f8bd0dd0f58dc2bb02c1dca.png

Tactics

1fc1d56e8c4c90cb656cd327586f018d.png

Will be shifting players a lot until i can get decent young prospects (and especially decent staff to judge them).

• 1 month later...

My save with Larne slowed down a lot as i reached the 26/27 season and my laptop is not as top end as I wish it to be :D

During the week I'll get myself to post some detailed info on the squad and upload the save for someone else to pick up :)

Anyone still playing in Northern Ireland? Have to say I really enjoyed my time with Ballymena United locking horns with Larne. I've moved on now though, got turned down by Dundalk in Ireland, but Swansea City decided to take a chance on me in the Championship! I'd definitely love to go back to Northern Ireland though if the Larne job became available.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 15/03/2019 at 07:20, Trent71 said:

Didn't see a thread about them, nor Northern Irish football, and I think this team deserves a topic of their own. 

Ever wanted to take real minnows to the heights of the Champions League? Ever felt like walking over a league? With Larne, a team in the 2nd tier of Northern Irish football, now is your chance. Starting up with a balance of 4M Euro, a douzen players that are already considered top-tier level for the nation and a host of English Premiership/Championship rejects that want to make a name for themselves by joining Larne, you have the world at your palm.

larne.png.7d95c6164270d76d00d30f2aa38762a9.png

Read the story and be hooked!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45930266

I have put together the English, Scottish and N. Irish leagues running, and made these transfer dealings. Splashing out the "record" 24K for Ben Paton might not seem like the greatest of ideas, but I wanted to sign the Blackburn youngster, as he can literally play anywhere - such versatility can come really handy in the event of an injury crisis. I will be using the same tactics as I did on my Bayern save, TFF's Punisher produces great and dominating football, which is what I will be aiming for, considering the gulf in class between me and everyone else. 

Will you help Larne hear Champions League music? :D

How did you get on with the save??