FMS Community Thread Episode VIII: Disneyland

tenthreeleader

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, BenArsenal said:

I'm devastated. Reyes was one of the unsung heroes of the Invincibles era.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/rest-peace-jose-antonio-reyes

Tragic news. 35 is no age to be taken so suddenly.

José didn't quite live up to his full potential at Arsenal, but he was a fine attacker on his day and will be remembered by those of us old enough to remember the Invincibles.

In other news, huge congratulations to Liverpool. After last year's disaster, they truly deserved this Champions League win. They and Pep's City are quite possibly the greatest teams English football has seen in certainly the last 15 years, and we should be honoured to be witnessing them at their peak.

• 2 weeks later...

So, um, hello. It's only been something like 4 years ... {looks around} ... seems like someone freshened the place up a bit.

I have been playing 5m1w ever since then. And I dreadfully miss writing it. I have fleshed out a fair number of posts to restart that process. I think I have enough to commit to some significant content, so I'm wondering if I should start new threads or revive the very, very ancient ones?

And, have any of the rules changed in terms of links to external sites and the like?

3 hours ago, Makonnen said:

So, um, hello. It's only been something like 4 years ... {looks around} ... seems like someone freshened the place up a bit.

I have been playing 5m1w ever since then. And I dreadfully miss writing it. I have fleshed out a fair number of posts to restart that process. I think I have enough to commit to some significant content, so I'm wondering if I should start new threads or revive the very, very ancient ones?

And, have any of the rules changed in terms of links to external sites and the like?

Hi Makonnen,

Welcome back and will be looking forward to continued work in your series mate. As per the rules no real changes just the usual regarding pictures. The links to external sites is fine as long as there is written work on our part of the site if you know what I mean.

On 18/06/2019 at 06:55, BenArsenal said:

Has it really been 4 years? Damn.

How have you been Sir?

It's been a life, but on the whole, pretty fantastic.

I have a friend who says, when I die, I want to come back as me. (meaning, himself), which I think is a state we should all aspire towards. I'm not yet in that category, but the trendline is good.

Tina Powell, Zlo Dave, Copper Horse, and Rob Ridgway have all had semi-interesting lives in the 5m1w world. Any of those characters/people/peopleCharacters still around?

Sorry guys I havent been properly on for awhile. Alot of personal stuff has happened over the last month that means my priorites are else where.   It does mean in the next couple of weeks I might be off for awhile. However I will make sure the Fantasy Football and Predictions league will get started if nothing else

Cheers Mark

That's understandable, Mark. Come back when you're ready to.

Things have been quite hectic in my personal life too this year - and it's going to become even more so by December.

6 hours ago, mark wilson27 said:

Sorry guys I havent been properly on for awhile. Alot of personal stuff has happened over the last month that means my priorites are else where.   It does mean in the next couple of weeks I might be off for awhile. However I will make sure the Fantasy Football and Predictions league will get started if nothing else

Cheers Mark

No worries Mark. The off-season's a bit quiet anyway, so you should go take a well-deserved break.

We'll look after ourselves. Probably. :cool:

I look away for a few days and suddenly Mak and Terk are here. Is this what being displaced in time feels like?  Are we in 2012 or something? Did the endless Brexit loop finally break causality and the time-space continuum in one swift (or rather infinitely slow) blow?

...Wait, no, still older than I was back then. Damn.

(Hi guys!)

Wow plenty of the big European teams are ditching their trademark historical look for some horrible kits next season:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48373140

Barcelona in chequerboard??

s71hh66c7zhosqzhn6ma

Juventus in half-and-half??? With random pink stripe!

h6nusy0g9tvkibhx6zwk

AC Milan have stolen Juventus' and Barcelona's stripes to kill people's eyesight.

exlmu4uk1e1tv3bkffnh

Dortmund are going for 'construction warning' style on their shoulders now. But just through one lonely slim stripe.

bs1ebkdmcemb0ybs2hps

I don't dig the shoulders and sleeves being like a separate part either - Liverpool's look like they steamed on a copy of Liverpool's kit on a blank red shirt from the charity shop for fancy dress.

zuhft9tkszoekc0lfkte

But even Southampton go too far with the shoulder and sleeve thing...

jrfi6ovqdxnno20neus9

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everybody! Good to see some familiar faces still mixing it in here along with some new ones.

Anybody remember when a certain Joe Lolley used to frequent this place?  Whenever I see/hear of him playing for Nottingham Forest, FMS always comes to mind! 

Hi there, I'm new here, looking forward to sating my desire to write, hope to provide some enjoyable content :)

I've read the rules a few times but if I slip up and make any mistakes please point me in the right direction, don't want to step on any toes!

Can't promise that it will be a consistent flow or anything that damn life thing always seems to get in the way from time to time.

Anyway, as always, thanks for reading

16 hours ago, Mandy42 said:

Hi there, I'm new here, looking forward to sating my desire to write, hope to provide some enjoyable content :)

I've read the rules a few times but if I slip up and make any mistakes please point me in the right direction, don't want to step on any toes!

Can't promise that it will be a consistent flow or anything that damn life thing always seems to get in the way from time to time.

Anyway, as always, thanks for reading

The rules arent really strict to be fair, as long as you dont post pictures and videos were pretty much ok. And with any other part of the forum as long your not trolling anyone your fine.

As for your story we don't expect people to be posting every day or week. We have some writers who come and post to there story every couple of months. The main thing is if you enjoy posting your story others tend to enjoy reading it 

30 minutes ago, CFuller said:

And I thought Southampton's new kid was awful. Now I want Huddersfield to be relegated again just for that monstrosity, :D

They can get relegated, but they'll do it looking like Miss USA.

Well, a Paddy Power version. Miss Bognor Regis.

Edited by git2thachoppa

4 hours ago, CFuller said:

Ah. I knew it. Sorry, Terriers.

Well that's a relief. I never understood shirt sponsorship anyway, seems like a big ol' money hole. I didn't even know what 'Sharp' was, let alone did it being on United shirts make me go to my store and demand 'Sharp' products. Arsenal didn't make me want to join O2 or buy a Dreamcast, and I certainly knew those brands already existed!

Edited by git2thachoppa

I'm looking forward to seeing Gianluigi Bouffant on FIFA 20 next season, then. :D

You know, I've not played a new FIFA (excluding demos) since FIFA 13 - and that was on iOS. My last proper FIFA on PC was FIFA 08, which came out when I was 17. Can't say I miss it.

I played the 2010 World Cup game for years. I would play as a country in the qualifying campaign, then try them out online.

When I played as Qatar online, I was destroying everyone else who were playing as Argentina, Spain etc. 5-0... and that was just at half-time, by which point they rage-quit!

Edited by git2thachoppa

I still play World Cup 98 every now and then. :D

It's a shame we don't get stand-alone World Cup games anymore. One of the big reasons why I fell out of love with the FIFA franchise. That, and the career mode feels like it's hardly been touched since 2007.

4 hours ago, CFuller said:

I still play World Cup 98 every now and then. :D

It's a shame we don't get stand-alone World Cup games anymore. One of the big reasons why I fell out of love with the FIFA franchise. That, and the career mode feels like it's hardly been touched since 2007.

There isn't much point buying it every year when it's just a roster update, but FIFA 17 onwards has a story mode at least.

I had FIFA 97 on PC and got them all until 2002. I had been wanting Pro Evo 3 and my mum accidentally got 'This Is Football'... but it turned out that was awesome! It had seasons (with regens or whatever they're called now), the ability to make your own club, and it had leagues lower than the Premier League. The others didn't have that until years later.

Plus you could dive, the players had personalities and the referee had a line of sight. I remember hacking Gazza, then he got revenge with the ref's back turned.

On 19/07/2019 at 21:09, Drogba11CFC said:

Meanwhile, Juventus will be "Piemonte Calcio" in FIFA 20 after Konami bought the rights.

At least FIFA haven't been made to call Liverpool "Merseyside Red" or Tottenham "North London Whites" 

8 hours ago, TheFMBoss said:

At least FIFA haven't been made to call Liverpool "Merseyside Red" or Tottenham "North London Whites" 

At least PES haven't been made to call Juventus "Piemonte Calcio" or Ronaldo "A Calcio" (he was "Ronnaldo"...)

Edited by git2thachoppa

Right lads I'm back now. The past couple of months have been a little hard. Those who have me on Facebook will know that I have seperated from my wife of 9 yrs and we had been together for nearly 19. Lots of change but now I've got me own place and everything is good. 

However it has meant that two of my stories have ended due to completly losing interest over the last couple of months. My career story will be still running as I have invested so much time in that and couldnt lose that. But you all know me and that I will no doubt be starting some new ones soon

Cheers Mark

On 22/07/2019 at 09:57, mark wilson27 said:

Right lads I'm back now. The past couple of months have been a little hard. Those who have me on Facebook will know that I have seperated from my wife of 9 yrs and we had been together for nearly 19. Lots of change but now I've got me own place and everything is good. 

However it has meant that two of my stories have ended due to completly losing interest over the last couple of months. My career story will be still running as I have invested so much time in that and couldnt lose that. But you all know me and that I will no doubt be starting some new ones soon

Cheers Mark

Wasn't aware of what had happened pal. Shows how much attention I pay on facebook these days. Hope you ok pal.

1 hour ago, salkster2102 said:

Wasn't aware of what had happened pal. Shows how much attention I pay on facebook these days. Hope you ok pal.

All good mate, just needed some time to get things sorted cheers

On 22/07/2019 at 16:57, mark wilson27 said:

Cheers Mark

Really sorry to hear that Mark. Take all the time you need to get back on track.

We're here if you wanna chat.

On 19/07/2019 at 21:16, CFuller said:

I'm looking forward to seeing Gianluigi Bouffant on FIFA 20 next season, then. :D

You know, I've not played a new FIFA (excluding demos) since FIFA 13 - and that was on iOS. My last proper FIFA on PC was FIFA 08, which came out when I was 17. Can't say I miss it.

FIFA 19 has the official Champions League license, though. First time since "UEFA Champions League 2006-07".

(Although I think prior versions missed a trick by not using Zadok the Priest for "Champions Cup" matches a la Dream Team)

8 minutes ago, Drogba11CFC said:

FIFA 19 has the official Champions League license, though. First time since "UEFA Champions League 2006-07".

(Although I think prior versions missed a trick by not using Zadok the Priest for "Champions Cup" matches a la Dream Team)

I vaguely remember those standalone Champions League games (though I never played them). Those were the days when EA would release something like four football games in two years and milk their licences for all they were worth. :D

Edited by CFuller

What's the longest game time you've got in an FM save or in total for one game?

Seeing as my current story is at 119 days, and my save before it on the same game must've been just as long, I was curious.

17 hours ago, git2thachoppa said:

What's the longest game time you've got in an FM save or in total for one game?

Seeing as my current story is at 119 days, and my save before it on the same game must've been just as long, I was curious.

I've just opened up my long-term FM13 save, which ran for 31 seasons.

Game Time: 61 days, 3 hours, 35 minutes"Nothing to see here, move along..."

I've spent 4,236 hours on FM13, which equates to 176-and-a-half days. I probably could have learnt a second language in that time. :( :D

23 hours ago, CFuller said:

I've just opened up my long-term FM13 save, which ran for 31 seasons.

Game Time: 61 days, 3 hours, 35 minutes"Nothing to see here, move along..."

I've spent 4,236 hours on FM13, which equates to 176-and-a-half days. I probably could have learnt a second language in that time. :( :D

You did.

The language of football.

*Credits roll*

https://youtu.be/gmz2XI9WDrU

On 01/08/2019 at 23:37, CFuller said:

With Nicolas Pepe now confirmed to be joining Aubameyang and Lacazette, I'm quite looking forward to watching Arsenal win/lose every match 7-5 this season.

Me too.

Talk about misplaced priorities...