Training Youth Players

Hey everyone, I've read up on the guides on making the most out of training, and I have been doing so in the new game. I realised I haven't been doing it with youth though, I don't know the differences on setting up youth schedules and thought I'd ask to learn what to keep in mind? And what do you guys do/how do you view youth schedules

Ideally I would create schedules at the beginning of the season for youth and not check them every week or so!

Youth have their own schedules, which you can leave to the U18 Manger (Maybe HOYD, not sure).

I do manage mine though, which is purely in an attempt to develop the youth players as per what I want them to grow to, in my case extra technical work, or adding Keeper training every now and then. 

I set Training for Main Squad, and Youth on a monthly basis, start of the month trying to make sure I cover all items (Def\Tech\Attack\Physical.

BTW - Check out the Training and mentoring thread, you'll find a ton of answers there as well

I manage youth training too. I want to mould the youths into the roles and duties I've established for the first team, so their fixtures follow the same template and their individual training does too, although I do put more focus on developing physical skills over the other 2 categories.

52 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

I manage youth training too. I want to mould the youths into the roles and duties I've established for the first team, so their fixtures follow the same template and their individual training does too, although I do put more focus on developing physical skills over the other 2 categories.

Mee to physical + passing, crossing sometimes

12 hours ago, Shwinerz said:

Ideally I would create schedules at the beginning of the season for youth and not check them every week or so!

Just to add to the above responses - if this is all you want to do, there is nothing wrong with letting your Youth Team Manager take control of their General Training (which will then set up all the schedules), which he can actually be pretty good at.  If you do I'd however advise that you retain control of the Individual Training plans.  That way you can still control which roles and specific attributes they develop while letting the Youth Manager worry about scheduling.

Just keep a weather eye on how things progress.

42 minutes ago, Marc.Foster050 said:

Is there a different rule with how long training is effective for with youth? Sure I read you should look at changing individual training every 3 months otherwise development will slow?

Not true. Forget everything you've read before.

You can train youth harder than other players though on FM19. How you train them though all depends on you and how you want to develop them. There is no wrong or right way of doing training. It's all about doing what suits you best or what makes the most sense to you.

Archived