[FM19] Help to skin specific things

konean

Hello Community,

on Sunday I startet to adjust a skin to my liking. I went deeper into the xml files and I think I kinda understand the system behind it. 

1. One thing that I want to change is now a struggle for me. The bottom button of the sidebar is the button for the next game panel. It looks like its default color is green and not the primary color (Playing as Armina Bielefeld it should be blue, and not the default setting of the green in the standard skin). Which file is doing the "green" setting for the "next match" panel?

2. Some skins show the Kit with the name and number of the player in the playeroverview panel. But it looks like for certain combinations of colors (example here BVB, Leverkusen), there is a weird outline around the name or the number on the kit. Can sombody explain me why this is happening?

I attched some screenshots for a better understanding. I hope someone can bring me some light into these topics.

20190219135359_1.jpg

BVBkit.PNG

kit2.PNG

1 hour ago, konean said:

Hello Community,

on Sunday I startet to adjust a skin to my liking. I went deeper into the xml files and I think I kinda understand the system behind it. 

1. One thing that I want to change is now a struggle for me. The bottom button of the sidebar is the button for the next game panel. It looks like its default color is green and not the primary color (Playing as Armina Bielefeld it should be blue, and not the default setting of the green in the standard skin). Which file is doing the "green" setting for the "next match" panel?

2. Some skins show the Kit with the name and number of the player in the playeroverview panel. But it looks like for certain combinations of colors (example here BVB, Leverkusen), there is a weird outline around the name or the number on the kit. Can sombody explain me why this is happening?

I attched some screenshots for a better understanding. I hope someone can bring me some light into these topics.

20190219135359_1.jpg

BVBkit.PNG

kit2.PNG

1. it's connected to the primary colour of the competition, green is usually for friendlies so you have to look for competition colours.

Indeed, that makes sense now. Too bad I couldnt find where to change it. I also used different skins to see if someone changed it. But it looks like nobody did it. 

Regarding 2. there isnt anything to find. Looks like it is from the game it self? Since the Ckit integration in all the skins I looked at is pretty much the same.  

Btw is there any wiki that is explaining the whole data structure and all the panels of the basic skin?

48 minutes ago, konean said:

Indeed, that makes sense now. Too bad I couldnt find where to change it. I also used different skins to see if someone changed it. But it looks like nobody did it. 

Regarding 2. there isnt anything to find. Looks like it is from the game it self? Since the Ckit integration in all the skins I looked at is pretty much the same.  

Btw is there any wiki that is explaining the whole data structure and all the panels of the basic skin?

regarding 1. there isn't any way to change it as far as I'm aware, it simply uses the primary colour of whatever screen it's on. You can try and use various colour codes like the one on the team selection when making a new manager but it seems like you're out of luck.

2. I'm not sure what controls the stroke, it may be the colour outline but I'm not 100% sure on that. You can remove the stroke entirely by editing kit font.xml and commenting the outline code out

unfortunately there's no documentation, the posts on here are pretty much it. I comment my code pretty thoroughly if you want to take a look through the TCS panels, but you're pretty much stuck to experimenting

• 3 weeks later...

Finally tried the solution with the Kit Outlines. So if anyone else has the problem skin/fonts/kitname.xml comment out the line <!--<real id="stroke_width" value="1"/>-->

If there isnt a kitname.xml create one with the following content (pretty much from the base skin with the comment out line)

<record>
    <string id="file_name" value="GT-America-Standard-Black.ttf"/>

<string id="capitalisation" value="upper case" />

<integer id="extra_spacing" value="1.5"/>

<!--<real id="stroke_width" value="1"/>-->

</record>

Archived