Broken Promise to wonderkid so what next?

Polipo

Hello managers, I need some advice. I bought a young talent during the winter transfer with the promise to make him play his favorite role, which happened to be in conflict with my top scorer player (my fault). I also promised to reach the Champions League which I did so I thought that he would be upset with me, sure, but not too much. Now, he is young with lots of potential and his value is skyrocketing month by month due to his good performance and he has signed a 5 years contract so I am not concerned for the moment.

However he is unhappy and I am afraid he is going to create chaos in the locker room which at the moment is very much with me. I tried to ask the captain to talk to him, but the wonderkid doesn't want to. What should I do next? Wait for him to calm down? Is there a chance in the future to solve this issue? Should I sell him instead because no matter what I do, he is going to be a trouble? I mean, we are going to play the Champions League and we need unity. Looking forward to see your advice.

You could try loaning him. Sometimes I loan out an unhappy player and when they come back they're fine. Other times they come back still unhappy. But if you can loan him out for 100% wages and potentially a fee if he's a wondered, and he develops on loan then either you get a better, happy player back or you get more from selling him than you would now. 

16 hours ago, zlatanera said:

You could try loaning him. Sometimes I loan out an unhappy player and when they come back they're fine. Other times they come back still unhappy. But if you can loan him out for 100% wages and potentially a fee if he's a wondered, and he develops on loan then either you get a better, happy player back or you get more from selling him than you would now. 

Add in a high optional fee and see what happens too

The answer for your problem is in the question. Put the wonderkid to play in his favorite role for a couple of games and he'll be happy again. The squad status of the player will guide how many minutes/game he needs to be involved. 

I've bought Antonio Marin as a hot prospect status and he complains for first team at second season. The solution was to give him 15~20 minutes and after 2 or 3 months he was happy again. 

Archived