Loaning Foreigners Out - Domestic Clubs Don't Bid

I got the Brexit where I have a 17 foreign player limit in all leagues and foreigners must be paid at least 3k per week for a youth permit and 8k per week for a pro permit.

It's been tricky to deal with in my rise up the leagues but it's particularly bothersome now my club is established in the Premier League. The problem used to be that I couldn't afford to pay that much in wages to foreigners. Now it's different.

The problem is when I go to loan out my foreign players, only foreign clubs bid. This is a huge issue because I need my foreigners to gain British citizenship so that they cease to be foreign.

The only thing I've seen work is when I loan my foreign players to my domestic affiliate clubs - but I can't get an affiliate above League Two so my guys can't get domestic football.

17 minutes ago, permanentquandary said:

The problem is when I go to loan out my foreign players, only foreign clubs bid

Stands to reason, doesn't it? If they're not eligible to play for you, they're not eligible to play for anyone else in Britain. If they are eligible you can just play them. Or am I missing something unobvious? (Genuine question; I've really never paid any attention to Brexit so far.)

3 minutes ago, warlock said:

Stands to reason, doesn't it? If they're not eligible to play for you, they're not eligible to play for anyone else in Britain. If they are eligible you can just play them. Or am I missing something unobvious? (Genuine question; I've really never paid any attention to Brexit so far.)

Indeed you are.

They are entirely eligible to play for me because they have been granted a work permit and are being paid £8k per week.

However, they are not of sufficient quality to play for me - yet!

And I would like "yet" to change, hence the need to loan them out.

You might think it's OK having a few young players come through and not be British by the time they are ready to play for me, but it means I have to sell existing first team foreign players and buy British players for the sake of box-ticking - I'm already at my 17 player limit.

This has/is happening to me in my save, am FC United in the Premier League - in one way it made it much easier when I first got to the prem as suddenly all these great young players were available I'd never have gotten work permits for on older FM's and 8k p/w isn't much of a stretch, even for a prem budget (long way away from the 600 p/w when i started! :)). Like many, I wasn't aware of the foreigner rule really (I mean, who reads the manual BEFORE using something?!) until squad registration day came and then what I thought had been a perfect xfer window turned out to be a bit of a headache. A year on and a few of the xfers I had arranged have also arrived so I have 23 players I have to squash into 17 spots so it's definitely going to be tricky - there aren't enough english/non-foreign players around of top quality that aren't already at the top clubs - but that part (at least to me) feels to me like a realistic problem? I'm definitely looking to my own youth team more but we're still a few years away from getting someone decent I fear as it's taking forever to upgrade to Prem level! :)

Flipping it on it's head I can see why so many teams aren't bidding at first - they've often just come to the league and the teams likely have little to no scouting information available for them and my players reputation - at least in England - will be low so why would someone want them? I am surprised though that no-one see's that they're still available six months later and takes a punt (because if my scouts/I can see potential then why can't they?), and have been wondering/testing if it's to do with language/league adaptability etc? This might be a one off, but a young Brazilian striker i've got is just starting his second season with me and does now have English clubs interested in him so might well be onto something? Or it could be massive coincidence?

I'm in two minds because I like that it's put me off stockpiling young foreign players, but do also share your frustration a little bit - if a prem club offered a young brazilian striker out saying he's a good prospect, I'm sure a lot of clubs would be listening? But then are we monsters for shipping these young guys half way around the world and then packing them off to the far corners of the UK to play for a team they've likely never heard of? :)

1 hour ago, optimusprimal82 said:

are we monsters for shipping these young guys half way around the world and then packing them off to the far corners of the UK to play for a team they've likely never heard of?

Yes, yes you are! :lol:

Archived