• FM19
  2. 2. Age bracket when playing favorite game

• Under 21
    • 22 to 34
    • 35 to 44
    • 45 to 54
    • 55 to 64
    • 65 and Over

Cheers for that. I think I saw it for sale via G2A but I wasn't sure if that was a legit site (I've only ever bought digital games from steam!). I'm mostly interested in a good ME (which is why I'm finding 19 so unenjoyable) so I think I might give 17 a crack.

5 hours ago, dz47 said:

Cheers for that. I think I saw it for sale via G2A but I wasn't sure if that was a legit site (I've only ever bought digital games from steam!). I'm mostly interested in a good ME (which is why I'm finding 19 so unenjoyable) so I think I might give 17 a crack.

Exactly what I done and its a lot more exciting . The 3D graphics etc are a lot better as is the ME . I went on to FM Scout and downloaded add ons like real pitches and better Footballs and nets etc and its a lot better . FM19 is disappointing really . The interface is good but its window dressing ? I also notice they remove a lot of stuff that is in earlier versions then add new stuff saying its new .

5 hours ago, optimusprimal82 said:

G2A have it (17) if you can tolerate them. I'm playing 17 alongside 19 right now and it still holds up well, though be warned that the UI/interface, heck even the in-game camera feels way behind 19 in a lot of ways, but the ME is better imo, at least it feels far more rewarding/fun to tackle in any case.

But the in game camera is a lot better than FM19 ? A lot more viewing options in FM17

Shouldn't have stated that as fact, more my own opinion - there are more in 17 but i find it very hard to settle on one i actually like, they all try to be too dynamic - has always given me the grump. Not enough to be bothered to find a fix for it, but enough to know that when people say 'FM17' i immediately think 'great game, dodgy camera'if that makes sense? :)

I'd take the dodgy camera right now though - FM19 with 17's engine (or indeed 12's) would do me very nicely i think!

Edited by optimusprimal82

FM07/FM13 were the most enjoyable for me. FM19 has been a complete disappointment. Don't really intend to buy any for the next few years. Hate the stupid/pointless social media, repetitive media management, etc that it doesn't feel like my type of football Sim anymore. Unfortunately at the same time, I am not sure if I will play the older versions again cause once I quit something, it's hard for me to get back into it.

1 hour ago, TheGreat10ne1 said:

As a game, FM07 was my favourite, and had a great save as manager of Blackburn. However, my favourite ever save was as manager of Vizela, making it to the year 3034 in FM16. I also really liked FM05, so strange it's not on the list.

I suppose really FM06 was exactly FM05 with little things like team talks added. FM07 was the same as FM06 but with more added like media and scouting.

I don't know about FM08 'cause 2007 was where I stopped and found my game.

Edited by git2thachoppa

Amazing that FM12 was the highest rated game last year and still came in third this year behind FM17 and FM19  . New games always rate high I guess . FM17 was a surprise but I guess with the failure of FM18 people went back to that game before FM19 was released . Even FM07 was more popular than the FM18 game . Age bracket seemed to drop off after 45 with a lot playing there favourite game up to the age of 44 and many from 22 to 34 .

Keep voting if you wish but its clear what the best games were . FM12 had a lot less micro managing so maybe this is the way to go with the new interfaces and Graphics of today world

29 minutes ago, prot651 said:

Amazing that FM12 was the highest rated game last year and still came in third this year behind FM17 and FM19  . New games always rate high I guess . FM17 was a surprise but I guess with the failure of FM18 people went back to that game before FM19 was released . Even FM07 was more popular than the FM18 game . Age bracket seemed to drop off after 45 with a lot playing there favourite game up to the age of 44 and many from 22 to 34 .

Keep voting if you wish but its clear what the best games were . FM12 had a lot less micro managing so maybe this is the way to go with the new interfaces and Graphics of today world

By your own extremely limited poll, FM19 wins by a mile, which by your own logic would make it overwhelmingly the way to go, not FM12, not that this poll will make any difference....

38 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

By your own extremely limited poll, FM19 wins by a mile, which by your own logic would make it overwhelmingly the way to go, not FM12, not that this poll will make any difference....

Gee thanks for your extremely limited input . How degrading . Its just a fun snap shot so not meant to be an in depth look .  Maybe do one yourself so I can be enlightened by your expertise . 

I look forward to voting in your poll

Irritating as it is, just ignore him dude - guy seriously needs to learn some humility...

People wonder why the forums are deserted compared to a few years back? Not really all that difficult to explain when you have the people - or at least a person - you'd expect to be setting the example choosing condescension and sanctimoniousness as their tools of choice, instead of things such as positivity and candour.

I enjoyed the poll fwiw, just a bit of fun even if nothing else! :thup:

1 hour ago, optimusprimal82 said:

Irritating as it is, just ignore him dude - guy seriously needs to learn some humility...

People wonder why the forums are deserted compared to a few years back? Not really all that difficult to explain when you have the people - or at least a person - you'd expect to be setting the example choosing condescension and sanctimoniousness as their tools of choice, instead of things such as positivity and candour.

I enjoyed the poll fwiw, just a bit of fun even if nothing else! :thup:

There was nothing condescending at all! You can't pick FM12 as a way to go if it comes third in your poll. Which is what he's been touting from the start 

I think you've both massively overreacted here. 

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

And if we're going for light-heartedness, then FM12 is the Mrs Browns Boys of football manager, popular for all the wrong reasons, and you should all be deeply ashamed of it. 

While I do unashamedly enjoy that particular show, I get exactly what you're saying.

176 users have voted in this poll so far, and 226 voted in last year's. They are clearly just fun polls rather than extensive surveys of the FM community, so you can't really read a whole lot into them. FM12 being the third-most popular version doesn't definitively mean it's the best.

1 hour ago, themadsheep2001 said:

And if we're going for light-heartedness, then FM12 is the Mrs Browns Boys of football manager, popular for all the wrong reasons, and you should all be deeply ashamed of it. 

Why is FM12 popular for all the wrong reasons ? Even the 3D match is better 

Edited by prot651

1 hour ago, CFuller said:

While I do unashamedly enjoy that particular show, I get exactly what you're saying.

176 users have voted in this poll so far, and 226 voted in last year's. They are clearly just fun polls rather than extensive surveys of the FM community, so you can't really read a whole lot into them. FM12 being the third-most popular version doesn't definitively mean it's the best.

That's right FM12 isn't the best but it is the most enjoyed in certain age groups . For me FM15 and FM17 was my go to game once all the mods were added on

• 7 months later...

Just saw this poll and wow thats some proof how good FM 19 actually is. People tend to be critical about the latest version and still its by far the winner of this vote.

Look at the poll one year ago. FM 18 came in only in third place. Just 12% voted for it.

Now FM 19 is the clear winner with 27%. Well deserved.

35 minutes ago, Defensive said:

Just saw this poll and wow thats some proof how good FM 19 actually is. People tend to be critical about the latest version and still its by far the winner of this vote.

Look at the poll one year ago. FM 18 came in only in third place. Just 12% voted for it.

This poll was done 3 months after the release ? Cant remember when the 19,3 update was but I bet some votes have changed . I find people generally vote for the latest as it offers more . With FM12 and FM17 taking a big chunk of votes that that's an impressive reflection that a lot of players think that FM19 isn't as good as it should be by now  . FM20 is the very last chance of a decent game since FM17 for me . Demo only this year until I decide

Edited by prot651

2 hours ago, Defensive said:

The most recent game always wins these polls, or any kind of poll really. It's an odd trend that doesn't make sense to me.

• 4 weeks later...

I voted for FM07. That is where I had the most fun with Football Manager. I played until I no longer could install on my iMac in 2017.

The game was far from perfect, it lacks an editor league and had its quirks, but that was a FUN game.

Now, if it wasn't for the editor, I would probably had left FM a long time ago. The latest editions, are nice, but I don't enjoy them as much., That said I appreciate the effort people at SI have in developing them.

For me the dream is, FMT with the editor as is or improved.

Edited by grade

53 minutes ago, glosoli said:

I would implement FM 19's training overhaul to FM 17 and that's it. Do not even need to make new FM games every year, just squad update DLCs.

I would and I wouldn't. I didn't bother to learn how the FM19 Training module works because of how complex it looks (may not be) and I've already spent hours and hours reading about Tactics and only to end up struggling all the time so I really can't be bothered anymore to learn how the new things work as it feels a bit like a full time job haha so I leave it to the Assistant Manager. Anyway I agree that the FM17/FM18 Training module needed a bit of a revamp because it was too simplistic.

That being said, I would add the new Tactical module from FM19 to FM17 too. Definitely an eye catcher when the features were revealed last year and probably the main reason I bought FM19. I would keep FM17's Team Shape in there because it gave us more control, despite it being very misunderstood.

These put together I'd say we'd have a very good game.

Edited by Armistice

My longest and most successful save came back in FM10.  

But, given everything which has been added since then, and with it being the first version of the game I've truly enjoyed since FM12, it's hard for me to look past FM19 as the best one of the series.  I'm in the 35-44 age bracket and have been playing the series since the original Championship Manager.

5 hours ago, Armistice said:

I would and I wouldn't. I didn't bother to learn how the FM19 Training module works because of how complex it looks (may not be) and I've already spent hours and hours reading about Tactics and only to end up struggling all the time so I really can't be bothered anymore to learn how the new things work as it feels a bit like a full time job haha so I leave it to the Assistant Manager. Anyway I agree that the FM17/FM18 Training module needed a bit of a revamp because it was too simplistic.

That being said, I would add the new Tactical module from FM19 to FM17 too. Definitely an eye catcher when the features were revealed last year and probably the main reason I bought FM19. I would keep FM17's Team Shape in there because it gave us more control, despite it being very misunderstood.

These put together I'd say we'd have a very good game.

FM 19's training is a lot of fun! I, too was handing it to the assistant before but then I wanted to try. I'm enjoying it very much!

• 3 months later...

@prot651 I can't wait for a new pool :) Have you set your alarm for the 8th February? xd

I only played 2009 (+500h) & 2014 (66h only...), so you can guess which one I voted xd

I am now thinking on having another run to the franchaise :) so very interested to know if I should go for the fm20m or fm19.

Edited by YuLs

17 minutes ago, penza said:

What exploits did you find in each version you played (known or less known)

In CM 93/94 you can instantly stop a player being unhappy by selecting them. Not in a match, just on the squad screen. You can instantly deselect them, it's fine.

10 hours ago, Lenzar said:

CM 01/02.

6 hours ago, likesiamesefish said:

1. CM 01/02

Used to hold it in high regard until I found about the bizarre secret attribute (forget what it's called) that dictates which strikers can score and which are Francis Jeffers, hence why top class strikers just won't score despite high finishing etc.

Despite that I have the FM 13,14 and 17 (which I didn't like at all) I decided to start a new save with FM20 after the update because for 
me the game is not playable at the moment there is too many bugs until march ill keep my 12 running😉👍🏿

FM12 for sure. 

I even stopped playing FM19 (which was also quite good) to start a new FM12 save just before FM20 was out just because I felt like it. But that to me is also a critical year where European football stagnated and all the teams competing for anything have been the same since the 2012-13 season in real life and wanted to...replay it :D 

Why isn't FM5 on the poll by the way?  Not that I'd vote for it, after FM12 the next one is FM 2007 for me. 

Overall from SI, the best games are CM03-04, CM01-02 and CM3 for me. Then I reach FM12 and the rest of the series. But it's definitely nostalgia speaking here. 

Edited by Yuko

On 08/02/2019 at 10:48, Weller1980 said:

I've gotta say I had the most fun with FM07, its been my favourite edition. I also believe it had the best ever skin. It was a really good game. Oh.. and I loved Freddy Adu in it a 15 year old wonder kid. I've attached a couple of screen shots to remind people how cool the skin was! Great memories with this version.

Image result for football manager 2007 cherno samba

Related image

Image result for freddy adu fm07

fantastic layout and interface Fm07 was my favourite, plus the legendary players in it  

The poll is originally from a year ago - if people want such a poll, but one that's up to date, feel free to make one, but if you could avoid necro-ing dead threads to keep the front page up-to-date, it'd be appreciated.