[FM19] UEFA Revival 1.5 *Featuring The FIFA Club World Cup, UEFA Europa League 2, The AFC, CONCACAF-CONMEBOL, UEFA Youth League & Year-Round Transfer Windows*

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, andrex110878 said:

What is the difference between Europa League(from season 18-19) and Europa League(from season 19-20) in the file 25?

The competition is streamlining down from the current format of 48 teams in the group stage. There will also be less qualifying rounds.

The new version (from 2021 in real life) will feature teams from the top nations in Europe, and a 32-team group stage. Europa League 2 is being designed for the lower half of European nations, and will also have a 32-team group stage.

In addition to this, there will now be a preliminary knockout round after the group stage in both competitions, which will feature 8 third-placed teams dropping out from the group stage of the next highest competition, and 8 group stage runners-up. The Round of 16 following this will then have the preliminary knockout round winners and the 8 group stage winners.

Edited by Carlito85

I know about the new format of the UEFA competition. In the list in file 25 there are two entries for UEFA Europa League. What is the difference between them in the editor. Or you can delete one of the entries. I want to edit the file a little bit for myself.

Безымянный.jpg

3 hours ago, andrex110878 said:

I know about the new format of the UEFA competition. In the list in file 25 there are two entries for UEFA Europa League. What is the difference between them in the editor. Or you can delete one of the entries. I want to edit the file a little bit for myself.

Безымянный.jpg

Oh, my mistake. So the first entry (2018-19) was to include a specific team in the Europa League Group Stage because the Europa League 2 has no winner history in the first season, and thus it would leave an empty space (meaning Real Madrid are grabbed by default). From the 2019-20 season the Europa League grabs the Europa League 2 winner.

Wow, that's a cool staff, thanks!!!

But could you, please, provide some more info about the revival #? I am personally interested in quotes for leagues: how many teams of each league qualify for each tournament and on what stages. Or just a corresponding year of real tournaments for each revival # so I would be able to google it. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Darth_Dokuga said:

Wow, that's a cool staff, thanks!!!

But could you, please, provide some more info about the revival #? I am personally interested in quotes for leagues: how many teams of each league qualify for each tournament and on what stages. Or just a corresponding year of real tournaments for each revival # so I would be able to google it. Thank you!

Some of the files are custom formats so there would be no reference. In the majority of the files, the top 4 nations get 4 champions league spots, 2 uefa cup/europa league spots, a cup winners' cup spot and an intertoto cup spot. A few of the lowest nations may get 2 intertoto spots. The seeding panel in the competition overview should tell you how many teams each nation has in the competition.

There are then a few files which have league winners only in the champions league for example, and the runner-up gets into the uefa cup.

7 часов назад, Carlito85 сказал:

Some of the files are custom formats so there would be no reference. In the majority of the files, the top 4 nations get 4 champions league spots, 2 uefa cup/europa league spots, a cup winners' cup spot and an intertoto cup spot. A few of the lowest nations may get 2 intertoto spots. The seeding panel in the competition overview should tell you how many teams each nation has in the competition.

There are then a few files which have league winners only in the champions league for example, and the runner-up gets into the uefa cup.

So, I decided to take a look into the data.

The moment I hate in modern UCL is that in top4 leagues 2nd place = 4th place. I looked in Revival 4 as the closest config for my wishes. I see that in top3 leagues we have 2 teams direct to group and 2 teams for 3rd qualifiers. That's good!

But as I started to dig the file I still might want to change something. Could you help me for some questions?

First, I couldn't see how you take the cup winners for the UEL. All seeding rules reference for Nation Top Division Teams.

Also, how does the editor know wich seeding has more priority? I mean, how do you tell him to get 5-6 places to UEL and 7 to Intertoto and not vice versa?

And what kind of bug happens when the winner of last year tournament qualifies for the current one? Does it brake the game or just some funny outcomes? Might it be worth trying?

13 hours ago, Darth_Dokuga said:

So, I decided to take a look into the data.

The moment I hate in modern UCL is that in top4 leagues 2nd place = 4th place. I looked in Revival 4 as the closest config for my wishes. I see that in top3 leagues we have 2 teams direct to group and 2 teams for 3rd qualifiers. That's good!

But as I started to dig the file I still might want to change something. Could you help me for some questions?

First, I couldn't see how you take the cup winners for the UEL. All seeding rules reference for Nation Top Division Teams.

Also, how does the editor know wich seeding has more priority? I mean, how do you tell him to get 5-6 places to UEL and 7 to Intertoto and not vice versa?

And what kind of bug happens when the winner of last year tournament qualifies for the current one? Does it brake the game or just some funny outcomes? Might it be worth trying?

Something I may have forgotten to mention is that the Europa League in my files doesn't take cup winners as it wasn't working properly (maybe due to them having already qualified for Europe and then competing in 2 UEFA competitions). It was easier to go with league places to get it working.

The editor basically grabs teams from top to bottom in terms of priority, so for example the first row will be the highest priority (4 teams from nations 1-4 in the Champions League Group Stage, or 2 teams from 1-4 in Europa League). It all depends on how you want to set it up - it's all in the math.

The winners bug was where it wouldn't hand the winners spot to the runner-up automatically if the winner had already qualified via the league. It's still a bit iffy as one nation can end up with 6 teams in the Champions League. Still waiting for SI to fix it.

Edited by Carlito85

1 час назад, Carlito85 сказал:

Something I may have forgotten to mention is that the Europa League in my files doesn't take cup winners as it wasn't working properly (maybe due to them having already qualified for Europe and then competing in 2 UEFA competitions). It was easier to go with league places to get it working.

The editor basically grabs teams from top to bottom in terms of priority, so for example the first row will be the highest priority (4 teams from nations 1-4 in the Champions League Group Stage, or 2 teams from 1-4 in Europa League). It all depends on how you want to set it up - it's all in the math.

The winners bug was where it wouldn't hand the winners spot to the runner-up automatically if the winner had already qualified via the league. It's still a bit iffy as one nation can end up with 6 teams in the Champions League. Still waiting for SI to fix it.

2 UEFA competition - lol, kind of hardcore gaming for the teams with wich you can win everything :) But I might only imagine what would happen if that team falls down to UEL from UCL... And no way for team from a 2nd league to qualify for UEL, that's sad.

Well, 6 teams in ECL isn't that bad, if the nation rating will be divided by 9 unstead of 7 that year. But will the game slide the qualified teams to the 5th and 6th place properly? Or the case with 2 competitions for one team is still open?

2 UEFA competition - lol, kind of hardcore gaming for the teams with wich you can win everything :) But I might only imagine what would happen if that team falls down to UEL from UCL... And no way for team from a 2nd league to qualify for UEL, that's sad.

Well, 6 teams in ECL isn't that bad, if the nation rating will be divided by 9 unstead of 7 that year. But will the game slide the qualified teams to the 5th and 6th place properly? Or the case with 2 competitions for one team is still open?

If the winner and runner-up qualify then it should give the extra spot to the domestic league of the winner. If that league already has 5 then it should go to the domestic league of the runner-up. If they're both from the same nation then it's a case where you'd end up with 6 teams I think. It's a really convoluted process lol.

By the way I forgot to mention, I had a look through the file guide for you and you mentioned that file 4 was the one you liked best but wanted winners to qualify for the following season? If that's the case I would recommend file 28. 28 is an alternate to file 6 (which is the same as 4 but has the Cup Winners Cup) and winners qualify for the following season's competitions. Will be much easier for you instead of having to edit everything.

1 hour ago, palmamiguel92 said:

Kinda had to make the Supercup UCL winner vs CWC winner due to the duplicated participants in UCL and UEFA Cup (when the winner of the UCL didn't win it's domestic league) Please SI, fix the darn thing ahah

It definitely needs to be sorted as it worked fine in FM18. That's what I don't get. How could they have it not work in FM17, fix it in FM18, then have it not working again in FM19?

Edited by Carlito85

7 часов назад, Carlito85 сказал:

Hey, I think I found the solution!

In the UEL tab in the main competition editor window look for the "Block teams from qualifying for competition". I simply add the option there "those qualified for UCL". So the team qualified for UCL is blocked for UEL. And if some team wins the cup and qualifies for UCL it will be blocked from UEL and the spot will go to the next team on the league table. I run a test and that seems to work.

In the UEL tab in the main competition editor window look for the "Block teams from qualifying for competition". I simply add the option there "those qualified for UCL". So the team qualified for UCL is blocked for UEL. And if some team wins the cup and qualifies for UCL it will be blocked from UEL and the spot will go to the next team on the league table. I run a test and that seems to work.

I may be wrong on this but I think the problem there is that the teams you block will be exempt from qualifying for the UEL every year.

20 часов назад, Carlito85 сказал:

I may be wrong on this but I think the problem there is that the teams you block will be exempt from qualifying for the UEL every year.

Nope, everything is fine, they qualify. I also feared that this would preent teams from dropping down to UEL from UCL, but that also works.

By the way, how  does the game deside which teams are qualified in the eurocups for the first season? I just want to modify the number of teams there and I'm concern how not to break the game with it.

1 hour ago, Darth_Dokuga said:

Nope, everything is fine, they qualify. I also feared that this would preent teams from dropping down to UEL from UCL, but that also works.

By the way, how  does the game deside which teams are qualified in the eurocups for the first season? I just want to modify the number of teams there and I'm concern how not to break the game with it.

It relies on the seeding to decide who qualifies in every season. I cleared the registered teams list due to having a customized format. So instead of 3 Italian teams being registered for the Champions League for example, I cleared the registered list and the game now grabs the top 4 Italian teams.

1 минуту назад, Carlito85 сказал:

It relies on the seeding to decide who qualifies in every season. I cleared the registered teams list due to having a customized format. So instead of 3 Italian teams being registered for the Champions League for example, I cleared the registered list and the game now grabs the top 4 Italian teams.

So, the game remembers the places of 2017/18 season?

50 minutes ago, Darth_Dokuga said:

So, the game remembers the places of 2017/18 season?

Yeah. Each club in the database has a "last position" box in their competition details page, which is how competitions know which teams to grab.

Edited by Carlito85

Ok, I've got a problem with customizing. The tournaments didn't start. It seems that it is because for some reason the game didn't recognize additional seedings. I increased the number of seedings for qualification rounds but in the "seeding" page of the game it just recognizes the first 3 of them and others are marked with "-". Isn't the game able to deal with more then 3 seedings or I should have just mentioned it anywhere in database?

6 hours ago, Darth_Dokuga said:

I actualy decreased it with increasing the number of rounds.

If you've increased the seeding for the first round to say, 64, then you'll need to set 64 teams participate in that round, as well as set it in the round options (64 teams added, 32 games played)

1 час назад, Carlito85 сказал:

If you've increased the seeding for the first round to say, 64, then you'll need to set 64 teams participate in that round, as well as set it in the round options (64 teams added, 32 games played)

I've changed that. There's another problem. I have seedings 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, but in the game there are only 0,1,2 and "-". For the first round the game has to take teams with seeding 4, but it seems that it cannot find those so the round wouldn't start. Another reason for the problem might be that I increased the number of rounds and because of that the first roun has index 9 instead of 0, is it crucial? I've done all the references between rounds (I think).

Edited by Darth_Dokuga

Em 31/03/2019 em 21:51, Darth_Dokuga disse:

Going to try that on mine! Thanks

I've changed that. There's another problem. I have seedings 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, but in the game there are only 0,1,2 and "-". For the first round the game has to take teams with seeding 4, but it seems that it cannot find those so the round wouldn't start. Another reason for the problem might be that I increased the number of rounds and because of that the first roun has index 9 instead of 0, is it crucial? I've done all the references between rounds (I think).

The way I've set it up would mean it's crucial, yeah. I gave each round its own index with a matching ID (0-0, 1-1, 2-2 and so on).  In the Teams section for the round you'll have to state which seeds you want joining the round (seed 4 for first round).

Yeah, that was a problem.

I made it work. The qualified teams for the first season are a little bit messed up (the same teams but on different tournaments and stages), but from the second season everyting is OK.

But I've noticed only now: there are no coefficients. Is threre no way to make them work?

Yeah, that was a problem.

I made it work. The qualified teams for the first season are a little bit messed up (the same teams but on different tournaments and stages), but from the second season everyting is OK.

But I've noticed only now: there are no coefficients. Is threre no way to make them work?

Nah, that's been an ongoing problem for a number of years now. The only way to get coefficients to work is to combine the rules with the code, but then the competition rules mess up.

Hoping that they'll address this in the near future so that competitions with fully customized rules can have coefficients update each season.

14 часов назад, Carlito85 сказал:

Nah, that's been an ongoing problem for a number of years now. The only way to get coefficients to work is to combine the rules with the code, but then the competition rules mess up.

Hoping that they'll address this in the near future so that competitions with fully customized rules can have coefficients update each season.

That's very sad :( Without coefficients a lot of competitiveness is lost. And I had such nice customized rules I wanted to play...

14 hours ago, palmamiguel92 said:

Fixed and fixed!

In the main competition tab, I changed the ignore teams qualified for UCL to ignore last UCL winner and no more Real Madrid in the UEFA Cup and UCL simultaneously

Does it work as planned after the first season?

Great work on these files Carlito!! One thing though when I load the FIFA Club World Cup file A to work with file 25 including the Europa League 2 it doesnt show on a new save!!! I cant find the competition anywhere am I missing something??

I slightly changed your file 25 - added more teams to the qualification, after the group stage added a transition round. But it is impossible to adjust up to the end for correct work. In the qualifying rounds are not selected the right team and because of this big teams (Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bavaria, etc.) participate simultaneously in UCL, UEL and UEL2. Could you look at my file and help find errors if possible. If you are interested in the file, you can add it to your project. Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.

Access+list.xls Knockout stage.xlsx UEFA Revival 25.fmf

Edited by andrex1108

2 hours ago, OllieDrew said:

Great work on these files Carlito!! One thing though when I load the FIFA Club World Cup file A to work with file 25 including the Europa League 2 it doesnt show on a new save!!! I cant find the competition anywhere am I missing something??

Thanks.

The Club World Cup should be listed under Club Competitions, which is underneath the 6 continents. If you don't have the names fix then it should be called something like the World Club Championship.

2 hours ago, andrex1108 said:

I slightly changed your file 25 - added more teams to the qualification, after the group stage added a transition round. But it is impossible to adjust up to the end for correct work. In the qualifying rounds are not selected the right team and because of this big teams (Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bavaria, etc.) participate simultaneously in UCL, UEL and UEL2. Could you look at my file and help find errors if possible. If you are interested in the file, you can add it to your project. Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.

Access+list.xls 58 kB · 0 downloads Knockout stage.xlsx 11.04 kB · 0 downloads UEFA Revival 25.fmf 390.44 kB · 0 downloads

Yeah, I'll take a look at it some time tomorrow  :thup:

3 hours ago, palmamiguel92 said:

Failed, due to another problem, my UCL and UC stop at the round of 16, no Quarter finals. The Cup Winners Cup is going fine.

I'm wondering if that's to do with blocking out Champions League teams from qualifying. 3rd placed teams in the UCL group stage are supposed to drop into the UEFA Cup/Europa League.

5 минут назад, Carlito85 сказал:

I'm wondering if that's to do with blocking out Champions League teams from qualifying. 3rd placed teams in the UCL group stage are supposed to drop into the UEFA Cup/Europa League.

I had it working fine. I also was afraid of such potential problem, but it seems that coming to the one competition from another doesn't count as "qualifying" so they are not block. Or maybe for another absolutly different reason, but dropping down still works in my tests.

1 minute ago, Darth_Dokuga said:

I had it working fine. I also was afraid of such potential problem, but it seems that coming to the one competition from another doesn't count as "qualifying" so they are not block. Or maybe for another absolutly different reason, but dropping down still works in my tests.

It could then be a round of 16 fate actions issue, or a team grabbing issue in the quarter finals.

I fixed everything i  had wrong, simulated to the next season, it's doing everything as intented, BUT repeated teams again!

So. In the first season the game did prevent the former UCL winner Real Madrid to play both UCL and UEFA Cup

In the second season... PSG as the UCL winner and French Champ did qualifie to the UCL (of course) but instead of adding another french team to the competition, it added......Real Madrid... oh boy. I guess it's because it's the number 1 team on the ranking, that seems to the default.  Oh and Real Madrid is also in the UEFA Cup

Time to party, i fixed it!

On the team index thing, i told the editor to grab the UCL winner first, then UCL teams, UC etc.. Instead of grabbing the former UCL winner on the competition phases tab

I then created restrictions on the main competition tabs, blocking UEFA Cup and CWC from grabbing UCL teams. Do not put restrictions in the UCL competition tab because it will cause to ignore 2nd places, i made this mistake and when the UCL winner also wins it's league, the second place should go on its place right? well no, the restrictions blocked the 2nd place and brought the 3rd place to the competition for some reason.

2 hours ago, palmamiguel92 said:

Time to party, i fixed it!

On the team index thing, i told the editor to grab the UCL winner first, then UCL teams, UC etc.. Instead of grabbing the former UCL winner on the competition phases tab

I then created restrictions on the main competition tabs, blocking UEFA Cup and CWC from grabbing UCL teams. Do not put restrictions in the UCL competition tab because it will cause to ignore 2nd places, i made this mistake and when the UCL winner also wins it's league, the second place should go on its place right? well no, the restrictions blocked the 2nd place and brought the 3rd place to the competition for some reason.

Any chance you can screenshot what you've done just so I can be fully sure if I make any changes?

On 05/04/2019 at 23:01, LazgoNNO2000 said:

Can You Do 2009-2012 Format Or 2001-2004 Format And Alternate Format Of 2018-2021 From UEFA Revival

I don't think I'll be adding any more formats this year. I'll only be fixing errors/bugs that I can from now on until FM20.

I'm pretty sure the formats you want are already in the newest update though.

On 06/04/2019 at 17:40, andrex1108 said:

I apologize for the intrusion. Have you looked at my file? Can you make it work properly?

No problem. I've been a bit busier than I was expecting and haven't had time to look yet but I'll try and get a look as soon as I can.

22 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

I don't think I'll be adding any more formats this year. I'll only be fixing errors/bugs that I can from now on until FM20.

I'm pretty sure the formats you want are already in the newest update though.

No problem. I've been a bit busier than I was expecting and haven't had time to look yet but I'll try and get a look as soon as I can.

So In FM20 Can Guys Added Euro Sporting Play In FM Editor

@andrex1108 Looked at your version of the file and because there are so many moving parts involved with teams dropping into lower competitions it'll take a lot of work to get it running smoothly. Changing the qualifying rounds is the big issue because new teams are entering all 3 competitions in every single round.

Adding more teams to the qualifiers will also require a larger group stage, which will then require more group fixtures. That is hard to work around domestic cup ties and international breaks.

13 часов назад, Carlito85 сказал:

Looked at your version of the file and because there are so many moving parts involved with teams dropping into lower competitions it'll take a lot of work to get it running smoothly. Changing the qualifying rounds is the big issue because new teams are entering all 3 competitions in every single round.

Adding more teams to the qualifiers will also require a larger group stage, which will then require more group fixtures. That is hard to work around domestic cup ties and international breaks.

Thanks. The group stage by the number of teams remains as before. Only the number of qualifying rounds in UEL and UEL2 increases. And a transition round is added after the group stage in UCL and UEL. I have already found in which round teams are not taken correctly and instead of them big clubs are selected. Everything seems to be set up as it should, but the teams are not selected. Definitely lost some detail. As will appear more time, I'll try all the same to customize a version of the file. If you do not mind, sometimes I will ask you for advice and help.

• 3 weeks later...