Scout rates a player with a 100 rating!

I've had scout report come through for an Argentinian regen in my Juve save and he has got a 100 scout recommendation!

I've never seen this before in my many years of playing FM,  Just wondering how common this is in this year's game?

16 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Personally I've never seen it in game, so hope you think the player is actually worth signing now!

Do you have a screenshot per chance? 

I'm actually at work at the moment so I don't have access to the game. I'll take a screenshot tonight though. He's a 21 year old AMC/FC. I'm hoping he's possibly the new Aguero or Dybala!

Oh I most certainly want to get him signed up. I was actually in the process of buying him (and it had gotten to contract stage) when the transfer window shut and the move was cancelled. D'oh! He has since signed a new contract with his club (Valencia). However, with it being Spanish league, there happens to be a mandatory minimum release fee clause in his contract which I will be making full use of when he becomes 'interested' again. :brock:

13 minutes ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

I 've read something about it if some well known players retire at the end of the season then in next one new one is generated is it still true ? where he will be generated at any random team? or as free agent ? and when at the start of the season ?

Thats Fifa career mode haha.

13 minutes ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

I 've read something about it if some well known players retire at the end of the season then in next one new one is generated is it still true ? where he will be generated at any random team? or as free agent ? and when at the start of the season ?

Nope. That's how it used to work, but a very long time ago - like about 20 years back I think!

A lot of variables here, surely? In my current Darlington save I have two players on my shortlist that my scouts have rated at 100, 'sign at any price'. I'm sure the players are very good for a team at this level but more to the point, my scouts are about as good as you'd expect for a team at this level. In other words, neither player is likely to be 100 in any meaningful way - both scout reports highlight significant problems including lack of determination, selfish player, doesn't enjoy big matches.

I expect scout reports to include a varying degree of uncertainty. As they should.

38 minutes ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

That was in older FMs and the reason they were called regens... regenerated players.

They system is now the Newgen system that creates newly created players, nothing to do with retired players.

13 minutes ago, warlock said:

A lot of variables here, surely? In my current Darlington save I have two players on my shortlist that my scouts have rated at 100, 'sign at any price'. I'm sure the players are very good for a team at this level but more to the point, my scouts are about as good as you'd expect for a team at this level. In other words, neither player is likely to be 100 in any meaningful way - both scout reports highlight significant problems including lack of determination, selfish player, doesn't enjoy big matches.

I expect scout reports to include a varying degree of uncertainty. As they should.

Quite possibly. The player's attributes do appear to be pretty impressive for his age so fingers crossed.

As you say, I guess the ratings depend on the quality of your scouts and are relative to your current club level/stature. I've just never seen it before personally.

10 minutes ago, the_gaffa said:

fingers crossed.

Yeah, I hope he works out for you. Didn't mean to rain on your parade :D. And I'd guess that a 100 rating is rare at a top level club where the standard is so much higher. 

I've had one in FM2018 in my long term Salford City save. He's called Damien Ares and plays for my arch rivals Man City, I've tried to buy him countless times and even an up front bid of £220,000,000 wasn't enough to entice City into accepting. He's a Central Midfielder with insane stats across the board, I had a cheeky look at his PA... It was 200 and his CA is 196. Monster of a player! Will post an image when I get home, he's probably the 2nd best regen I've seen in my 25 years playing the series. I just wish I could of bought him!

Highest I had was Predrag Rajkovic in my Pauli file.

He was already a decent Bundesliga keeper with a laughable release clause of 4m Euros whereas my team was mostly lower tier Bundesliga if not even second league material. Yet he still wanted on; somehow I won the league cup and played Europe and in a top league whereas he played somewhere in Israel in a club that had had a really bad season. Additionally, the only keepers under contract were a solid second leaguer in his mid-thirties and a third league talent.

Still only landed a 98. I guess because his agent was an idiot. Always started negotiations with a fixed 8m release clause and an absurd number for himself which I absolutely refused; he'd be over that value a week after I signed him and gone in the winter!

In the end I payed double wages once he played in the World Cup (and completely failed to attract other clubs through it) but at least he stopped making these unacceptable demands. 

I've seen it a few times with Manchester United on the last couple of games - its always Mbappe or Asensio though - I guess because they're such high quality and after a couple of seasons United can even afford Mbappe most of the time. Never had it with a newgen though

23 hours ago, headshothitman said:

What a monster. Sign him up, pay the money.

17 hours ago, SpikeHughes said:

Don’t need a scout report just get him bought. 

22 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah I can see what the scout was thinking :D 

Snapped him up now. He'll be arriving in the next transfer window, ready for the start of the new season (also just in time to replace a retiring yet still great 39 year old Ronaldo!). :cool:

Watch my new signing get a career wrecking injury just before he joins us now.... that would be just my luck. :D

Archived