Offering Contracts in January

How comes I can only sometimes offer contracts to players within the last 6 months of their current contract with their club?

For example, I've had a few of my current players (who I didn't intend on keeping anyway) agree pre-contracts agreements with another club in January. However, when I search for players with 6 of less months remaining on their contracts, I can't offer them a contract and have to instead put a bid in for them? I've only stumbled across a few players where I've been able to offer the contract straight away. 

This rule doesn't apply in some cases.

For example, if you're managing in England, you can't offer another English-based player a contract until they are in the final month of their current deal.

4 minutes ago, CFuller said:

This rule doesn't apply in some cases.

For example, if you're managing in England, you can't offer another English-based player a contract until they are in the final month of their current deal.

Ahhh Interesting. I wasn't aware of that. Thank you.

8 minutes ago, Jeff7 said:

Also sometimes Ive noticed that If you wait too long between scouting and checking your reports by the times you approach them they have already signed a new contract

Then send your scouts  in decembre to scout player which contacts are expiring in the summer.

Archived