Where's my money gone?

Playing FM18, and I'm about 12 seasons in (2029), playing as Tromso. Had a bank balance of 130 million because of player sales from a few seasons before. Had been swimming in money for quite a few season at this point when I realized that on the turn of the new year my bank balance had been reset to 0. I had gotten a message that the board had taken out 8 million but other than that I have no idea where this 130 million has gone. Kind of frustrating because I can't even afford coaching licenses for my ex-players and I don't really want to sell my players as I haven't gotten past the QuarterFInals of the Europa League yet.

Is this a known bug or is this WAD?

624090_screenshots_20190122220830_1.jpg

624090_screenshots_20190122221107_1.jpg

What happens if you simulate forward until the end of the month, to ensure that all expenditure is properly recorded? Although there is nothing in the actual numbers, you can see the graph has spiked on at least 6 of the categories of expenditure to the tune of 20 million each. A total of 120 million. From the screenshots, I cannot really see what those categories are, so it is hard to know if it makes sense, or if it is a bug.

Looking at it, and guessing, it seems you have a spike in transfer expenditure, wages, and bonuses. Do you have a lot of players who have specific clauses in their contracts, giving them a bonus at the end of the season if you achieve certain aims? This would account for the spike in wages, you have to pay, for example, bonus for winning the league to x number of players. The same for performance related bonuses to clubs (if you can do this, I forget). Say, X million after winning the league. Or do you have a lot of transfers with money of 6 or 12 months? This could also come out in January. The bonuses, I guess, would be the stuff you decide at the start of a season to pay players based on their performance in competitions (you set low, normal, high, you know which I mean?) If you set this high, and then win everything, you have to pay a lot. You can check the news items to find out this (for player performance bonuses as well actually).

Your club also pays dividends, which is entirely linked to profit, I think. So I would check for how much this cost too (there should be a news item). I'm not saying any of these things actually happened, just giving some ideas of what it looks like you should check.

I would advance to February and see if this screen is properly updated so you can actually see what happened.

4 hours ago, ThatGuyYouKnow01 said:

Playing FM18, and I'm about 12 seasons in (2029), playing as Tromso. Had a bank balance of 130 million because of player sales from a few seasons before. Had been swimming in money for quite a few season at this point when I realized that on the turn of the new year my bank balance had been reset to 0. I had gotten a message that the board had taken out 8 million but other than that I have no idea where this 130 million has gone. Kind of frustrating because I can't even afford coaching licenses for my ex-players and I don't really want to sell my players as I haven't gotten past the QuarterFInals of the Europa League yet.

Is this a known bug or is this WAD?

624090_screenshots_20190122220830_1.jpg

624090_screenshots_20190122221107_1.jpg

Didn't you put all the money to wage budget? Or you already had 57,8 mln $ ?:O

On 23/01/2019 at 02:43, LukasZ_VCF said:

Didn't you put all the money to wage budget? Or you already had 57,8 mln $ ?:O

I sold my star player for 65 mln$ to RBL lol, thats why I have such a big transfer/wage budget. The rest is all Champions League appearances, I only spend like 15 mln a year on transfers since I kind of hit a ceiling and need to buy U18 players to get homegrown status, as I have half the norwegian national team playing for my club, so it just adds up every season.

On 23/01/2019 at 02:06, sporadicsmiles said:

What happens if you simulate forward until the end of the month, to ensure that all expenditure is properly recorded? Although there is nothing in the actual numbers, you can see the graph has spiked on at least 6 of the categories of expenditure to the tune of 20 million each. A total of 120 million. From the screenshots, I cannot really see what those categories are, so it is hard to know if it makes sense, or if it is a bug.

Looking at it, and guessing, it seems you have a spike in transfer expenditure, wages, and bonuses. Do you have a lot of players who have specific clauses in their contracts, giving them a bonus at the end of the season if you achieve certain aims? This would account for the spike in wages, you have to pay, for example, bonus for winning the league to x number of players. The same for performance related bonuses to clubs (if you can do this, I forget). Say, X million after winning the league. Or do you have a lot of transfers with money of 6 or 12 months? This could also come out in January. The bonuses, I guess, would be the stuff you decide at the start of a season to pay players based on their performance in competitions (you set low, normal, high, you know which I mean?) If you set this high, and then win everything, you have to pay a lot. You can check the news items to find out this (for player performance bonuses as well actually).

Your club also pays dividends, which is entirely linked to profit, I think. So I would check for how much this cost too (there should be a news item). I'm not saying any of these things actually happened, just giving some ideas of what it looks like you should check.

I would advance to February and see if this screen is properly updated so you can actually see what happened.

Will do, thank you. 

The large transfer expenditure is because the window opened and I stole a few relegated teams youth prospects once relegation was confirmed, which was before the window opened. Will check bonuses though!

Archived