FM09 -10's & -9's (all ages, player-club-position)

Powlay

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cant upload it, when i save a shortlist it goes into docs/sportsinteractive/fm/filters... so when i put this file in that it doesnt show when i open a game. any help appreciated, thanks.

If the files in the folder, go to your shortlists and in the bottom right click shortlists and import and then browse to the file it will load it up then.

Even having a potential (or even current rating) of 200 doesnt guarantee success, the player may end up with 20s in injury proneness / aggression / dirtiness etc and other stats that arent useful for a particular player.

I.e a striker getting up to 20 for tackling may be nice for the lad but it wont make him play any better up front.

Lots of people get too wrapped up in the whole CA / PA thing when I think its the positional ratings (found in genie scout etc) that govern how good a player is / can be.

Obviously players with a PA of -9 or -10 will have a very good chance of becoming a world beater but dont write off players just because they are -4 or -5, they might end up with all the right stats in all the right places :thup:

Just re-read and it seems rude to the person thats put all the effort in to find the players, that is not my aim, just an attempt to point out to people that are unfamiliar with the ratings that PA / CA is not the be all and end all for the players in FM.

Cheers for the list :)

Just re-read and it seems rude to the person thats put all the effort in to find the players, that is not my aim, just an attempt to point out to people that are unfamiliar with the ratings that PA / CA is not the be all and end all for the players in FM.

Cheers for the list :)

Um...a player with a CA of 80 isnt going to be as good as a player with CA of 140 stat wise.

Um...a player with a CA of 80 isnt going to be as good as a player with CA of 140 stat wise.

I've gone for the extreme point of view there. But theres a chance that he won't be a whole lot worse.

Striker with CA of 80 may have decent Finishing / Heading / Composure / Off the ball but rubbish other stats, stick him up front and tell him to do nothing else and he'll do a job

Striker with CA of 140 may may 20s all down physical, and lets says Flair, Crossing, Tackling but low Finishing / Heading / Composure / Off the ball stats rendering him pretty useless when you play him up front.

I've had players with 170+ CA that have been useless in their said position but on the flip side had players with under 150 that have been immense

Think you'll find that's just a layout problem, there's actually only about eight-ten -10 in total (including all positions)

Yeah first long list are all -9's then smaller list at the bottom is -10's in the positions the -10's come first

If i use database editor to change the CA it doesnt seem to have any effect on the attributes just a higher number for CA

and what about the PA if its like 200? does that mean its good? or it doesnt have any effect

If you changed the CA to 200 attributes would be altered on game start by the game AI.

If a players PA is 200 then train him right and what not and he will be the best player in the world.

Create a folder in your:

mydocs>sportsinteractive>FM09

This folder needs to be called "shortlists" once you have created the folder drop the shortlist in there, then simply load FM09 and import it :thup:

i have done this but nothing. I am doing this with FM already running do i need to save it and then load it again.

Archived