Intensive Language Course for native speaker?

I am playing in the Finnish first division currently and when I sign anyone, Finnish or not I am given the option to send them on an intensive language course. I get doing that for non-Finnish speakers but Finnish players/coaches/scouts can speak Finnish. Why would I need to send them on that course and why am I even given this option for Finnish speaking people? 

Are you sure the players aren't only swedish-speaking? To my knowledge, there are some people in Finland who only can speak swedish. Or the other way around, if you're managing a "swedish" club in Finland (if those exist), maybe they have to learn swedish?

6 hours ago, Maaka said:

Are you sure the players aren't only swedish-speaking? To my knowledge, there are some people in Finland who only can speak swedish. Or the other way around, if you're managing a "swedish" club in Finland (if those exist), maybe they have to learn swedish?

I suspect this could be the issue. I've been playing a save as Lugano, which is located in an Italian-speaking part of Switzerland, so forFC Lugano Italian is the language spoken. So Italian players don't need a language course when signing for me, but I would presume they do when signing for FC Servette or FC Basel, and the other way around for French and German speakers respectively. 

Archived