European Golden Boy - How has he won?

So I've only just noticed this on my save, but I'm coming to end of 2020 and had a message about Euro Golden Boy potentials; thought I'd check out candidates and previous winners and noticed Gianluca Gaetano won it in 2019. Currently managing in Italy I thought he could be someone I'd look to add to my squad, but after seeing his attributes something was a little off.

He spent 2018/19 on loan at Bari in Serie D, then spent 19/20 at Napoli where he barely featured. I don't understand how he's won this :lol:

6mlxUbB.png

T3aSenE.png

Any other bizarre winners out there?

As said above, the game's probably mixed up his stats from both Bari and Napoli. However, I actually had a rather bizarre Golden Boy winner from my own team. In my first year, my backup right winger somehow managed to win it, ahead of Mbappe and my far more deserving left winger.

20190106161927_1.jpg

20190106161947_1.jpg

20190106163039_1.jpg

20190106161937_1.jpg

18 hours ago, Spurs08 said:

That looks like a bug - I think it's probably combined the stats from his Napoli and Bari appearances that year and treated it as though he'd done it all at Napoli.

I know at least on fM17 its like this. Had a kid in my Barca b team get 1-2 appearances for Barca, and before end of the season was in the first team squad but not really featuring..and he won.

I noticed on FM18 my Athletic Club B team players were sweeping up the awards, owing to being far superior to the rest of Segunda B allowing them to play my ultra-offensive tactics to their maximum. 2 seasons in a row the B team RW won Golden Boy. 

My advice to everyone who is seeing it in FM19 is to check the bugs forum to see if its already been reported. If not, get it done with saves uploaded. They don't just look through every thread in all the discussion forums.

8 hours ago, steakfaced said:

I know at least on fM17 its like this. Had a kid in my Barca b team get 1-2 appearances for Barca, and before end of the season was in the first team squad but not really featuring..and he won.

Wow. A three year old bug yet to be fixed. That's... not good.

Archived