Natural fitness

I know what the game says about this attribute but I'm not sure how it actually impacts to player performances, specially if it's low.

A player with a low natural fitness, I guess:

- Won't stay fit if injured (any player does?)

- Won't stay fit if he doesn't train (any player does?)

- His physical atributes Will decrease dramatically past 30 years old.

- More prone to injuries

- Tired during matches

- Tired between matches

As a consequence, would you sign this player? I'm really worried about his natural fitness.

If he had the same atributes but bravery 6 I wouldn't sign him. I never sign players with low bravery. I'm not sure what to do if natural fitness is that low.

624090_20190106024451_1.thumb.png.90ab6a83880ed342bd2029116f16ad02.png

1 minute ago, mrgoal100 said:

I know what the game says about this attribute but I'm not sure how it actually impacts to player performances, specially if it's low.

A player with a low natural fitness, I guess:

- Won't stay fit if injured (any player does?)

- Won't stay fit if he doesn't train (any player does?)

- His physical atributes Will decrease dramatically past 30 years old.

- More prone to injuries

- Tired during matches

- Tired between matches

A player with low natural fitness will see a steeper natural decline of his physical attributes past his peak.

He will also lose more physical attributes when injured or not training(on holiday). When still young players usually recover those attributes once they resume playing, but past their peak any physical decline is irreversible, so injuries will take a bigger toll on this player.

Low natural fitness does not make a player more injury prone, at least not directly, a high rating in the hidden injury proneness attribute does that. In practice the two are often correlated and many players with poor natural fitness are also rated high for injury proneness.

During matches it's stamina that governs a player's condition, natural fitness governs the recovery of his condition between matches. A player with lower starting condition will see his condition dip lower during a match, all else being equal. The lower a player's condition, the higher the chances of injury, so in practice a player with low natural fitness will need to be subbed or rested more often.

31 minutes ago, mrgoal100 said:

As a consequence, would you sign this player? I'm really worried about his natural fitness.

If he had the same atributes but bravery 6 I wouldn't sign him. I never sign players with low bravery. I'm not sure what to do if natural fitness is that low.

Scout him all the way and check his other attributes, particularly his injury proneness. His estimated potential might also change drastically, he can become a 50 recommendation or a 80 recommendation. His ability seems to be high for his age, so expect your scouts to overrate his potential slightly.

But it really depends how much you can get him for, if you can get him for cheap then definitely go for it as a speculative signing, other than his low fitness he doesn't have any visible weaknesses. 

If it's a significant portion of your budget I would pass, it's true he's still young so he can gain 2-3pts in Natural Fitness by the time he's in his 20s, but DM is not a position you want to sub 70 mins in.

Archived