Rangers and Celtic

Carlf788

So I am in my second season as Rangers and I just have to say Celtic are relentless and ridiculous! I got 92 points last season and was way short of winning the league and this season I have won 31 out of 35 games and feels like I have been on loads of long winning streaks, I'm on 95 points with 3 games to go and still 3 points behind with a way worse goal difference!

seems like I will need a 100 point season to be in with a chance of winning the league, mental! Has anyone else had this as Rangers manager? Dosent help when they spend 70m each season and we have peanuts. Barisic is a beast at left back 17 goals this season from there!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True just seems almost impossible to win the league without getting 105 points! Saying that I had a chance to overtake them on the run in but got beat when they had 10 men all game still so I had my chance. Managed to beat them in the cup final 3-1 at least.

its just the money they spend, they have so many big saleable assets that they can rake in 80m a season and spend 70m plus a season while the rest of us have a 2m budget

feel like I'm getting close though as I was only 6 points behind them and beat them a couple of times this season 

in pre season before  season 3 my team is and I play attacking gegenpressing 

peacok Farrell (3m from Leeds)

Taverneir 

goldson 

mccrorie

flanagan

Colback

barjonas

jack

Jarrod Bowen 6m from hull

morelos 

demaria gray on Loan

sold barisic for 8m to Marseille as he wouldn't stop moaning about leaving so I have 10m to spend. I have Middleton a quality deep playmaker on loan from Everton arriving so I could do with splashing out on quality number 10 i reckon if anyone has any ideas for rangers 

Edited by Carlf788

Built a decent side for the start of the 3rd season. Sold Jarrod Bowen to Newcastle for 11m after they met his release clause. Barisic for 8m so I had 22m to spend. 

Got in Rooney for 1m he's still quality. Josh da silva a cracking lb on loan from Chelsea and Williams on loan from Everton who is a good young cm. Patrick Roberts on a free from Man City to replace Bowen. then my marquee signing was felice d amico 17m from inter! He's the jewel in our crown now. Lining up in a 4-2-3-1 gegenpress with 

Peacock-Farrell

Tavernier 

goldson

mccrorie

da silva

williams 

jack

Patrick Roberts

felice d amico

demarai gray

Morelos 

I'm just hitting February in the first season with Rangers.

8 clear at the top ahead of Aberdeen who are a surprise 2nd. 9 points clear of celtic who are 3rd.

Won the league cup against celtic thanks to a 118th minute Barasic free kick (guy is a god). Lost in the 3rd round of the Scottish Cup to St Mirren though who seem to be my bogey team!

How is everyone getting on with Morelos? Really struggling on mine with 12 goals. Had 10 at the start of September but is on a terrible run at the minute.

January signings Shankland and Joveljic ahead of him in the pecking order now.

Edited by Rino72.

Morelos is a beast scores loads for me as a pressing forward. Yeah barisic is so good got 18 goals last season for me at left back! Wanted to leave though so got 9m for him. Use the loan market to get good players from the premier league. Your lucky as Celtic barely drop a point on my save. The games between us literally are like playoff games for the title as we both end up 20+ points ahead of 3rd.

im hoping to win the league this season (3rd season) and next then get a good job like Spurs or Dortmund after that hopefully 

Edited by Carlf788

5 minutes ago, Carlf788 said:

Morelos is a beast scores loads for me as a pressing forward. Yeah barisic is so good got 18 goals last season for me at left back! Wanted to leave though so got 9m for him. Use the loan market to get good players from the premier league. Your lucky as Celtic barely drop a point on my save. The games between us literally are like playoff games for the title as we both end up 20+ points ahead of 3rd.

im hoping to win the league this season (3rd season) and next then get a good job like Spurs or Dortmund after that hopefully 

Aye they are defo a bit overpowered at the start IMO. This is the best I've done against them in a good few versions. Played 3 won 2 and drew 1.

They just sold Tierney to Arsenal for 41m in January and never really replaced him well which is typical of FM AI I suppose.

Best player for me so far has been Xadas, absolute steak at 800k and now worth £4.5m, every goal he scores seems to be a screamer. Carles Alena and Florin Kainz on loan have been superb too.

How's Peacock-Farrell doing for you btw? I'm on the lookout for McGregors replacement but finding it hard to find someone who has similar levels.

He's doing well. Progressing nicely and should be a top keeper in a couple of years. Bowen off hull for 5m is worth getting as I sold him for double. Demarai gray and Lottie cheek on loan. Pl loans are key I find as Celtic utilise them well

I had similiar situations like this but I am playing Valencia, the most that I remember it was with girona in 1st season spanish cup I was winning 3-0 than they scored 3 goals and I lost because of away goals... and the best thing is that they always score from set pieces like this or long distance with very weak long distance shooter or finishing... the second one was yesterday same situation with Las Palmas and in spanish cup too... draw 4-4 at HOME ! but first match away I won 2-1 so I proceed to the next round... 31 shots 21accurate for me and they had 8 shots 6 accurate ...

I started a season with Hearts, transitioning to UK/Irish players only ultimately, and finished third. I also tried seeing if I could turn Celtic or Rangers into all UK/Irish sides, but signing players from Aberdeen, Hearts or Motherwell is difficult. There are loads of good young players but you're looking at eight figures for any of them - slightly unrealistic. Challenging Celtic might not be that hard within a few seasons. Tierney always gets sold, and I imagine Edouard, Rogic and Ntcham would leave too - they're their only top players for me.  

On 25/12/2018 at 21:52, Carlf788 said:

So I am in my second season as Rangers and I just have to say Celtic are relentless and ridiculous! I got 92 points last season and was way short of winning the league and this season I have won 31 out of 35 games and feels like I have been on loads of long winning streaks, I'm on 95 points with 3 games to go and still 3 points behind with a way worse goal difference!

seems like I will need a 100 point season to be in with a chance of winning the league, mental! Has anyone else had this as Rangers manager? Dosent help when they spend 70m each season and we have peanuts. Barisic is a beast at left back 17 goals this season from there!

I'm totally with you on this. The Tic had a 33-5-0 record season 1 and I was well off the pace but managed to win both cups and get to the knockout stages of Europa League so really decent first season with, as you say, no money and a shed load of long term injuries. Season 2 and I win 33 games, draw 4 and lose 1 (against the Filth) but it's still not enough because Celtic go W34 D1 L3 (all 3 defeats v us!!) and I lose the title on goal difference!  In what other league in the world could you have that sort of record and still finish 2nd? What really hacks me off is the rest of the league are so sh1te they cannot ever take any points off them. Wondering if this is just an impossible challenge...... 

In the second season in my game, Celtic drew just once and won every other game. 

In the third season, by December, I (with Hearts) am 9pts clear of them, with them having a game in hand. They've lost all their good players. Rangers are more competitive this season.

Edited by dothestrand

17 minutes ago, dothestrand said:

In the second season in my game, Celtic drew just once and won every other game. 

In the third season, by December, I (with Hearts) am 9pts clear of them, with them having a game in hand. They've lost all their good players. Rangers are more competitive this season.

Good to know - they have sold a few of their best players now (Edouarde, Ntcham, Tierney) but with tons of CL cash every year the replacements are decent and squad is deep. I've managed to overhaul most of our deadwood with a net transfer gain although wage budget is creaking. Playing 4-2-3-1 gegenpress with line up season 3 of:

Bialkowski

Tavernier

McCrorie/Katic

Barisic (despite his continual moaning)

---

Jack

Arfield

---

Patrick Roberts (signed on a free)

Ravel Morrison

MIddleton

---

Morelos or Trotta       

22 minutes ago, gothenburg83 said:

In season 2, I'm finding that Celtic are very consistent but the other teams take points off each other, leaving Celtic to romp ahead......not far off real life so far!

Celtic finished third in the 20-21 season. Rangers won the title and I (Hearts) finished second. Celtic have sold most of their good players and never replace them adequately. My dilemma is that I've turned down Stoke and Palace, but now West Ham want me :)

Sorry there's every chance I might hijack this to become an SPL FM19 thread. Let me know if you'd rather it didn't.

Having qualified for the CL qualification stages, I was surprised to defeat Sparta Prague over two legs, but then we got really stuffed with the next stage - Olympique Lyonnais! However...

Now if we can defeat Fenerbahce we should make the group stages!

Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 21.40.17.png

• 2 weeks later...

great effort by the Jambos - looking forward to this 3rd season as extra Champs League places up for grabs for SPL teams. Third of the way in to the season now but Celtic juggernaut shows no sign of slowing down unfortunately :(

Managed to win the league in the first season with Rangers quite easily, finished 12 ahead of Celtic who drew 10 games. Also finished the season  unbeaten against them!

Into September 2nd season now and have made it into the Champions League group stages, eliminating Ajax on the way.

Only major signing is John Fleck on loan, managed to get the board to pay the agreed £6m fee after we made the CL so he becomes permanent in Jan.

Borna Barisic has been absolutely unplayable and is now a club icon after one season. Dejan Joveljic, a 600k signing from Red Star is also in the favoured personnel now after scoring 11 in his first 3 games of the season.

Celtic are a different animal this season though, won 3 of their first 4 league games 5-0 and have spent massively in the window (£35m). 

Hopefully by making the CL the financial gap will close a little but it's going to be hard to retain our title and keep our unbeaten run against our rivals going.

Celtic have just completed an invincible 2nd season in my Aberdeen save......managed to prevent them getting a treble by winning the Scottish Cup.

Some crazy signings flying around....I sold Mckenna to Celtic in Season 1 for £9m.....Arsenal offered Celtic £14.25m one year on - he's good but not that good! 

Brexit is becoming an issue in the game too now - way the dice landed I've had a hard brexit. Strict WP rules means I can only sign established internationals and mediocre home-grown Scottish players command a ridiculous premium. I know it's the same for all SPL clubs but my plans for European dominance are definitely hindered. Just out of interest - has anyone NOT had a hard brexit in FM 17/18 or 19!!??    

• 2 weeks later...

I won the league in my first season. I loaned Lookman and he was amazing, double figures for assists and goals. Along with Buffalo scoring nearly 40 goals I barely lost a game in the league and got out of my europa league group but got knocked out from Burnley. 

I managed to sign Andreas Pereira and Gary Cahill on frees at the end of the 1 season. Along with Ryan Christie on a free and Harry Cochrane for about 900k.

But I've found a few gems from Portugal (Costinha, a young RB and Andre Almeida, a young attacking midfielder.) and in Croatia (Sunje, a defensive midfielder, Malenica, a replacement from McGregor who retired and Marin, a winger from Dinamo). 

Ive also managed to sign Pellegri on loan as competition for Buffalo up front. I had to sell Goldson to Bournemouth for about 9 mil but replaced him with Okore. 

Edited by Wightman

managed to win the SPL in season 3 by 1 point. Have spent my CL windfall on lots of regen potential wonderkids. Risky I know but trying to lay foundations for career save as well as get some more quality HGC/HGN players.  Oh and Harry Wilson in his 3rd season on loan to us from Liverpool is beasting it out wide on both flanks 

Just hitting the end of season 2 and blimey it is a challenge - I was really happy because at the end of March, I had Celtic's lead down to 12 points but then I noticed they had 3 games in hand and I just about cried.  Alan McGregor is retiring, despite being awesome and playing all the time.  The finances of the team and the fact that WP are an issue has limited my input to loans and a few cheaper signings but we're slowly getting there I think - my 1st youth intake was decent and I have 1 player who pretty much went into the 1st team as a CM.

GK: McGregor

RB: Tavernier

CB: Goldson

CB: Katic

LB: Barisic

BWM: McCrorie

MEZ: King (Newgen)

MEZ: Jack

AP: Middleton - developing brilliantly

AF: Gouiri (on loan from Lyon)

AF: Morelos

Subs: James Wilson, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Jason Holt, young GK from Spain, young RB from Argentina and a few I cannot remember.

In the summer I have Christopher Nkuku coming in to play CM and Sergio Regulion arriving on frees (Regulion is currently on loan with us too)

Just about half way through the 2nd season and after beating Celtic to the league and league cup last season, they're a different beast this year. Won all their games bar 1 draw leaving me 8 points behind them already.

Managed to make the CL group stages though and have 25m in the bank so hopefully the financial gap has closed a bit.

Am hoping the board release funds in January as there's a few very good transfer listed players that are interested in joining. Dominik Kohr for 3m looks like an absolute bargain so hopefully King gets the finger out :lol:

2 hours ago, Rino72. said:

Just about half way through the 2nd season and after beating Celtic to the league and league cup last season, they're a different beast this year. Won all their games bar 1 draw leaving me 8 points behind them already.

Managed to make the CL group stages though and have 25m in the bank so hopefully the financial gap has closed a bit.

Am hoping the board release funds in January as there's a few very good transfer listed players that are interested in joining. Dominik Kohr for 3m looks like an absolute bargain so hopefully King gets the finger out :lol:

Bugger!  Well done mate. Dominik Kohr was my favourite player of FM2018, massively under-rated and a perfect BWM.  May have to look at him because some of the big dogs are circling Katic and it will free up McCrorie to move back.  DC are really expensive this year!

Edited by Geordieboy52

20 hours ago, Geordieboy52 said:

Bugger!  Well done mate. Dominik Kohr was my favourite player of FM2018, massively under-rated and a perfect BWM.  May have to look at him because some of the big dogs are circling Katic and it will free up McCrorie to move back.  DC are really expensive this year!

Cheers mate. It's Barasic who's wanted by half of Europe in mine! Yeah I really like the look of McCrorie this year, he's been superb for me as an anchor man in the tougher games definitely future captain material and once Katic/Goldson get cashed in, he's a ready made replacement for them to slot back into defence.

@Rino72.I looked at Kohr and he's an essential part of of the LEverkusen squad atm - valued at 19.5m so totally out of my league.  This season started decently in the league winning 5 and drawing 1 of first 6.  Went out of Europe to AEK Athens on away goals but just beat Celtic 2-0 at Ibrox.  Picked up Gouri on a free as Lyon let his contract run down!  Joe Lewis came in on a free to replace McGregor so am really happy about that.  I will post some screenshots with transfers etc.

Edited by Geordieboy52
blank text

Here's some screenshots of my 2020 signings and Glenn Middleton's development, has he reached his pinnacle?

Signed on a free as replacement for Arfield and Jack1641873423_Screenshot2019-02-12at21_50_15.thumb.png.9907483f63bc1425aa1eef582a4259b3.png

Free transfer for competition at DC582686543_Screenshot2019-02-12at21_50_24.thumb.png.024cd7f486603067b00fdc3276201d92.png

Freem needed depth at ST503588816_Screenshot2019-02-12at21_50_33.thumb.png.36444bf98c760265902fad9e49778e2f.png

Free as rotational CM1538482951_Screenshot2019-02-12at21_50_42.thumb.png.28446fc9cc140abf74b5f69b622edd4e.png

Paid perhaps a bit too muich for him £5.5m but damn his potential is great.464468107_Screenshot2019-02-12at21_50_53.thumb.png.57ef0518a1b0abaf6c751f9393f90697.png

Has he peaked?470942950_Screenshot2019-02-12at21_51_10.thumb.png.5a24464b629a48211b671f5b836732ed.png

Super replacement for McGregor395005686_Screenshot2019-02-12at21_49_57.thumb.png.46460297aee498271d18d32567f3576c.png

Picked up for £800k from Motherwell -should be great606231077_Screenshot2019-02-12at21_50_07.thumb.png.34c0f200decb68ca8dbfdfa8d870dd9c.png

On 12/02/2019 at 13:00, Geordieboy52 said:

@Rino72.I looked at Kohr and he's an essential part of of the LEverkusen squad atm - valued at 19.5m so totally out of my league.  This season started decently in the league winning 5 and drawing 1 of first 6.  Went out of Europe to AEK Athens on away goals but just beat Celtic 2-0 at Ibrox.  Picked up Gouri on a free as Lyon let his contract run down!  Joe Lewis came in on a free to replace McGregor so am really happy about that.  I will post some screenshots with transfers etc.

Sounds perfect then which probably means by come Jan he will be back as a key player! Same thing happened in the summer with Sturaro, 4m asking price from Juve and because I hadn't reached the group stages yet I couldn't afford him. Where does he end up the day before King gives me an extra couple of million for making the CL? Yep that mob across the city :seagull:

Cracking signings btw, I'm trying to play McCrorie as much as I can and he's coming along pretty nicely, him and his bro the first twins to play for us since the De Boers :lol:

2 hours ago, Geordieboy52 said:

@Rino72. What are your thoughts on that SS of Middleton, peaked or more to come? I've got my eye on this little fella to play in the hole...

Screenshot 2019-02-13 at 19.41.06.png

He looks quality mate should still have room to improve as he's only 20. I loaned him out to Charlton this season where he's getting good ratings but seeing that screenshot makes me wish I kept him on.

Hopefully be able to recall him.

13 hours ago, Geordieboy52 said:

@gothenburg83 and I'm fairly certain Aberdeen wouldn't release him at 32 but perfect storm and all that...

Agreed.

I managed to get good money (£6m) for him from Everton in my game when he was 32......he's been replaced by an excellent 17 year old regen.....clearly not coached by Jim Leighton or Jamie Langfield ;)

Managed to somehow get 6m off Fulham for Tav so with that I managed to negotiate a 2.5m deal for Dominik Khor!!

Now need to find a right back as I'm deciding to hopefully cash in on Flanagan too. Have Dominic Iorfa but hes been bang average so far.

Also, by some miracle, I've managed to finish 3rd in a CL group containing Porto Napoli and Liverpool. Highlight without a doubt a 6-1 win over Porto at Ibrox. Will post screenshots when I'm on the comp.

Finally, if anyone's on the lookout for a cheap young winger, Jeong Woo Yeong from Bayern has been class for me. 600k in the summer with 5 star potential...

2 hours ago, Geordieboy52 said:

The biggest challenge other than the dominance of Celtic is the complete lack of investment and funds - no bids of any note for my players and Celtic just buy who they want.  Bugger.

They are a pain in the arse in my 2nd season. Just when you think they're about to drop points, they ALWAYS get a goal right at the death. Done it to me in the Betfred final and still have only drew once in the league, winning the rest. Still 8 points behind them and the gap doesn't look like closing any time soon.

Edited by Rino72.

Had a great 2020/2021 season and hit 91 points, problem was that Celtic hit 99! 

My Brexit changes have made WP far easier as it is a £3,000 wage to get them.  I have accepted bids for Nkunku (£10m), Costas (£10m) and Longo (£4m), all of who came in on free transfers, which should net be some disposable income, I'd rather not lose first team players but in order to compete I will have to let them go, if that makes sense.  I have managed to get a couple of Brazilian regens in for less than £100k each, who will go straight into the team - one of them will be World Class and will probably leave after a season or so but should raise me a lot of money. I will post a SS when I get home from work and football training.

Katic was injured for 8 weeks so the interest in him went away but Barisic hit 18 goals and 17 assists so is being looked at by Arsenal and Atletico Madrid - I may not be able to resist bids for him this summer. I think big bids for both Morelos and Gouiri are in the offing, although I managed to convince Big Alberto to sign a new 5 year deal with no release clause!  I will play McCrorie and Katic as DC this coming season with the lad I signed from the US as back up, he will be immense.I will move away from a BWM in DM slot and have a DLP to take advantage of the pace we have upfront.

I currently am £2m in debt (this club haemorrhages money) after starting that season with about £13m in the bank and have a budget of £650k.  I am looking at kicking on in Europe rather than competing with Celtic at the minute, the gap is just too big.  That said, I really like the amount of decent players Scotland produces and the fact the league is quite weak mean that I can put many of them in the 1st team for smaller matches/cup games and they develop really well.

11 hours ago, Rino72. said:

Managed to somehow get 6m off Fulham for Tav so with that I managed to negotiate a 2.5m deal for Dominik Khor!!

Now need to find a right back as I'm deciding to hopefully cash in on Flanagan too. Have Dominic Iorfa but hes been bang average so far.

Also, by some miracle, I've managed to finish 3rd in a CL group containing Porto Napoli and Liverpool. Highlight without a doubt a 6-1 win over Porto at Ibrox. Will post screenshots when I'm on the comp.

Finally, if anyone's on the lookout for a cheap young winger, Jeong Woo Yeong from Bayern has been class for me. 600k in the summer with 5 star potential...

Nice - Tav has been great for me (got a bit of a soft spot because I think he was mismanaged at NUFC) but I think he's at his level so not sure I'll attract much although he's valued at £7.5m so could be worth a punt. That said, attracting decent full backs is difficult this year, I don't want to go too many regens too early and kill the vibe of the game. Middleton is now worth £11m so think he'll be off soon too.  I don't play with wingers, unless they've got 10 or more tackling and I can use as a fullback but may look at the lad you mention.  If anyone want to replace Barisic try Regulion from R. Madrid - was onloan to me (I thought I'd wrapped up a free transfer but he resigned with them) and can get him for £750k but that is too much for me at the minute.

I have my eye on a cracking Chinese AF prospect but his club want A LOT of money for him.  He could be great on a playing and marketing level too.

Edited by Geordieboy52

Had to have a bit of a clear out this summer, mainly because I needed funds for the future, not necessarily for players right now but to head on down the road.  Also, some big players were reqching the end of contracts that would either need renewing or getting rid of.  Off went Goldstone, who despite being a first teamer (and a solid one at that), wasn't worth the £50k he was asking for as a weekly wages.  He went to the Club Brugge for £8m, out of the £32 million made, most is upfront but only 45% is available for transfers so I'm tapped already. :(

Two lads I got in for middle of midfield.  I expect Vieira to be with us for a very short time.  The Danish lad could anchor our midfield for the next decade if I get lucky.

2040549979_Screenshot2019-02-16at13_43_44.thumb.png.88b4cceafcc5dddb1cfbf23a56beedf8.png

Screenshot 2019-02-16 at 13.43.30.png

1416660840_Screenshot2019-02-16at13_55_23.thumb.png.39e45a5a9fd5a453bcb257f540a45355.png

Edit: just sold Martins-Pereira to Newcastle for up to £13m.  We're getting a little financially stronger - i will try not to spend but to build.

Edited by Geordieboy52

I think I understand what everyone means by Celtic are overpowered. I just beat Aberdeen away (1-4) in our first match of the season and I thought we were good. Then I look at Celtic result and they went and won their first match at home to Livingston (9-1). I'm not optimistic about surpassing them in this first season! They did just sell Tierney to Liverpool though, so that's a plus!

1 hour ago, mikenevo said:

I think I understand what everyone means by Celtic are overpowered. I just beat Aberdeen away (1-4) in our first match of the season and I thought we were good. Then I look at Celtic result and they went and won their first match at home to Livingston (9-1). I'm not optimistic about surpassing them in this first season! They did just sell Tierney to Liverpool though, so that's a plus!

@mikenevo you don't know the half of it.  From the start of December to where I currently am (23rd April) I have lost one match and drawn 1 in all competitions and find myself 10 points adrift of Celtic! Oh and that includes me beating them twice in that period (once in the cup). FML!

I don't know as much about Scottish football as I used to but is this las Barisic for real?  Is he overrated or this good IRL?

1833213020_Screenshot2019-02-16at19_19_32.thumb.png.5c5bdf34523a01df79c5f14bc7cc932a.png

Edited by Geordieboy52

I don't know to be honest, I know pretty much nothing about Scottish football to the point where I haven't even looked to make any transfers first season. However, Barisic does seem to be overrated, 6 goals and 6 assists in 8 matches is insane for a left back for me

1 hour ago, Geordieboy52 said:

@mikenevo you don't know the half of it.  From the start of December to where I currently am (23rd April) I have lost one match and drawn 1 in all competitions and find myself 10 points adrift of Celtic! Oh and that includes me beating them twice in that period (once in the cup). FML!

I don't know as much about Scottish football as I used to but is this las Barisic for real?  Is he overrated or this good IRL?

1833213020_Screenshot2019-02-16at19_19_32.thumb.png.5c5bdf34523a01df79c5f14bc7cc932a.png

I wish the real Barisic was even half as good as his FM counterpart. To be fair there is a player in there but I just don't think he's cut out for Scottish football.

23 minutes ago, Rino72. said:

I wish the real Barisic was even half as good as his FM counterpart. To be fair there is a player in there but I just don't think he's cut out for Scottish football.

I've just accepted a £25m bid for him, may not go through with but he's 30 in a few months.

After being 8 points behind at one stage, I'm now 3 behind going into the new year. Won my last 11 games in the league and after shuffling things around tactically, things are starting to pay off.

Moving Carles Alena back as a DLP has paid off massively and my other two loan stars Kent and Kasey Palmer have been immense.

Managed to get revenge on Celtic by beating them 3-2 at Ibrox and it looks like there may be a title race after all.

With January coming up, there's a good few pre contracts I want to get done over the line; Andreas Pereira, John Souttar, Vladimir Weiss and Patrick Roberts (aye him!) Would really take us to the next level squad wise.

There's also a few ambitious names on my bosman shortlist including Mohamed Elneney, Serge Gnabry, Thomas Meunier and Denis Suarez. Probably wont end up signing any of them but worth a try...