[FM19] Real Life USA-Canada Expansion by Uncle Sam (Now compatible with 19.3)

Hi Uncle Sam, amazing job you did, but why Benoit Tremoulinas is in Cincinnati, Samir Nasri and Max Meyer in Nashville (which is actually Chivas USA), Roman Eremenko in Miami and probable many more players not in their right clubs ?

Is there a way to fix this ? Do you have a file without those wrong transfers ?

Thanks for your answer

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Uncle Sam!

Loving the database so far. I'm having an issue with the second season in MLS. It looks as though I am unable to loan my players from Seattle to Seattle 2 even though it is during the window. I checked by adding managers to other clubs such as Philadelphia and Portland and they are able to loan them out. Do you have any idea why this could be?

Thanks so much!

17 hours ago, cmch said:

Hi Uncle Sam, amazing job you did, but why Benoit Tremoulinas is in Cincinnati, Samir Nasri and Max Meyer in Nashville (which is actually Chivas USA), Roman Eremenko in Miami and probable many more players not in their right clubs ?

Is there a way to fix this ? Do you have a file without those wrong transfers ?

Thanks for your answer

Yes, that's something I was playing around with in an early version of the file that I forgot to correct. That will be taken care of in the next release.

14 hours ago, Jastix said:

Hey Uncle Sam!

Loving the database so far. I'm having an issue with the second season in MLS. It looks as though I am unable to loan my players from Seattle to Seattle 2 even though it is during the window. I checked by adding managers to other clubs such as Philadelphia and Portland and they are able to loan them out. Do you have any idea why this could be?

Thanks so much!

That's always been an issue. For some reason, players can reject being sent to the "2" squads in USA. I've had issues with that without any DB files. Seattle and Portland both have the same settings with their "2" affiliates, except Seattle has "First Option to Buy". That shouldn't make a difference, but I'll untick it for the next release.

23 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

If this is too hard to do I am ok with settling for say CPL u18 league to develop the youth intake instead since that is way easier to do then a draft and creating all of those leagues and teams

Do the clubs have U18 teams in real life? I'm trying to stay as true-to-life as I can with this file.

I had a look around the U-Sports, and I don't think it would be that difficult if someone wanted to create the clubs and competitions. There were only 4 conferences and 48 teams in U-Sports soccer last year. From the looks of it, the competition itself wouldn't seem to be that difficult to build.

1 hour ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Do the clubs have U18 teams in real life? I'm trying to stay as true-to-life as I can with this file.

I had a look around the U-Sports, and I don't think it would be that difficult if someone wanted to create the clubs and competitions. There were only 4 conferences and 48 teams in U-Sports soccer last year. From the looks of it, the competition itself wouldn't seem to be that difficult to build.

They don’t have u18 currently however they want to create academy’s within the next year or so.. so it will be like MLS with 3 rounds of Usports draft and then an academy as well

Edited by Fmfan00

I'd love have to U-Sports in the DB.

I will say, though, that I'm not 100% percent sure I could get the draft to work. This is the first year they've had the ability to setup a draft in the Editor and so I've never set one up from scratch. It looks easy enough, but you'd think a lot things would be easy enough from looking at the editor.

This is a simple question, but I'm new to the game and this specific download, and am having trouble finding the "graphics" folder to put the 2nd file in? All I have in my Football Manager 19 folder is editor data, games, languages, matches, and skins. I know I'm probably missing something, but any help is appreciated.

• SI Staff

If there isn't a graphics folder, just create one and put the files in.  Should be at the same level as the editor data, save games etc.

Go to preferences, clear cache, then reload skin and you should b e up and running.

Am 26.12.2018 um 15:24 schrieb Uncle_Sam:

Yes, that's something I was playing around with in an early version of the file that I forgot to correct. That will be taken care of in the next release.

Do you know when you will release the next version with Nashville and not Chivas?

I played with Uncle Sam's PRO/REL USA database for FM2018 and there were huge issues when my team (started with a PDL team) got promoted to MLS.  Off the top of my head, there were problems with DP's. The board didn't allow me to sign any DP's despite having good finances. It's like the ability to sign DP's are hard-coded from the start for teams that start in MLS. When in the player contract screen negotiating with a player, there was no Designated Player Contract option. Also, you know how In the finance summary screen it will list how many DP's you have and how many you can sign. Well for my promoted side, even after several seasons, it wouldn't even list any DP information. It's like the game was completely oblivious to the fact that my team was promoted to MLS.

Edited by rain94

23 hours ago, Betahouse91 said:

Do you know when you will release the next version with Nashville and not Chivas?

It is Nashville. However, if you have a file that adjusts club names then it will override changes that I made. You'll need to edit your names file.

22 hours ago, Number seven said:

Man you deliver as always Uncle Sam. Still will the file be expanded with a playble PDL and NPSL (the non pro version), and what about NISA?

I ask because playing PDL and NPSL was a thrill to play with in FM2017.

There simply isn't enough information on the NISA for me to include. I do have it hidden away in the DB, but I'm waiting to find out something concrete. 

19 hours ago, rain94 said:

I played with Uncle Sam's PRO/REL USA database for FM2018 and there were huge issues when my team (started with a PDL team) got promoted to MLS.  Off the top of my head, there were problems with DP's. The board didn't allow me to sign any DP's despite having good finances. It's like the ability to sign DP's are hard-coded from the start for teams that start in MLS. When in the player contract screen negotiating with a player, there was no Designated Player Contract option. Also, you know how In the finance summary screen it will list how many DP's you have and how many you can sign. Well for my promoted side, even after several seasons, it wouldn't even list any DP information. It's like the game was completely oblivious to the fact that my team was promoted to MLS.

Yea, that's kind of a problem with hard-coding and I'm not sure I will be able to correct it. Only the teams that begin the game in MLS get International slots, also. That makes having a USA pro/rel file with real life rules pretty much impossible.

On 25/12/2018 at 14:28, Aljarov said:

IIRC, the balance in the newgen creation is supposed to support the long term progression through to the MLS SuperDraft.  That through about 100 PDL teams in the game out the box.  With 209 NCAA teams, those same players are getting stretched too thin I think.

There's a "number of draft  eligible players" or something like that that's defaulted at 100 or 150. I tried to boost it up to 1000 in this file but unfortunately it didn't effect newgen creation.

I think it's been a longstanding thing where some nations produce more newgens than others, and if you have an American file with 400 clubs that just means the "American number" gets divvied up between 400 clubs.

7 hours ago, Ruh Roh said:

There's a "number of draft  eligible players" or something like that that's defaulted at 100 or 150. I tried to boost it up to 1000 in this file but unfortunately it didn't effect newgen creation.

I think it's been a longstanding thing where some nations produce more newgens than others, and if you have an American file with 400 clubs that just means the "American number" gets divvied up between 400 clubs.

Where is this, "number of draft  eligible players", that you're talking about? The only thing like that I know of is the "Number of Players in Draft" setting in the new Drafts section of the Nation Transfer rules. Unfortunately that doesn't affect newgens.

11 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Where is this, "number of draft  eligible players", that you're talking about? The only thing like that I know of is the "Number of Players in Draft" setting in the new Drafts section of the Nation Transfer rules. Unfortunately that doesn't affect newgens.

Same thing you're talking about, I just got the name wrong

First of all congrats for the great work. 
I was trying to create one NCAA league but was complicated.

Some notes,

- The USL2 is named "4. deild" when choosing the teams

-Is it possible to rename the PDL to NCAA ? And instead o having the group number have the conference names?

- The teams from NCAA that doesn't win the conference and goes to the Final Tournament are choosed based in reputation? Can be based in the Non Conference games? Because there were teams that wre in last in their conference and also in non-conference games and were choosen to the Final Tournament

- And in the 1st year the divisions have weird names like "PDL Heartland Division"

The rest you probably aready working on like, transfers for NCAA teams that some are weird that they try to buy players from MLS and USL

Edited by Palk

On 28/12/2018 at 22:13, Uncle_Sam said:

Yea, that's kind of a problem with hard-coding and I'm not sure I will be able to correct it. Only the teams that begin the game in MLS get International slots, also. That makes having a USA pro/rel file with real life rules pretty much impossible.

What about deletong the MLS and creating a new competition, won't that solve the problem with the hardcoded rules?

On 29/12/2018 at 14:53, Number seven said:

What about deletong the MØLS and creating a new competition, won't that solve the problem with the hardcoded rules?

You could actually recreate more of the real life rules of MLS than ever before with this version of the editor, but you would still lose the MLS transfer system (allocation money, trades, acquiring draft picks, etc). I'm trying to stay as true to life as possible.

On 29/12/2018 at 14:41, Palk said:

First of all congrats for the great work. 
I was trying to create one NCAA league but was complicated.

Some notes,

- The USL2 is named "4. deild" when choosing the teams

-Is it possible to rename the PDL to NCAA ? And instead o having the group number have the conference names?

- The teams from NCAA that doesn't win the conference and goes to the Final Tournament are choosed based in reputation? Can be based in the Non Conference games? Because there were teams that wre in last in their conference and also in non-conference games and were choosen to the Final Tournament

- And in the 1st year the divisions have weird names like "PDL Heartland Division"

The rest you probably aready working on like, transfers for NCAA teams that some are weird that they try to buy players from MLS and USL

So the competition names being changed in your game is because of a name change file that you are using. Edit or remove that file, and the names will be corrected.

I am experimenting with different methods for selecting the at-large teams for the NCAA tournament.

5 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

You could actually recreate more of the real life rules of MLS than ever before with this version of the editor, but you would still lose the MLS transfer system (allocation money, trades, acquiring draft picks, etc). I'm trying to stay as true to life as possible.

Sorry, this comment was about the pyramid system that didn't work with the promoted teams.

18 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

So the competition names being changed in your game is because of a name change file that you are using. Edit or remove that file, and the names will be corrected.

In my experience, you don't have to remove the name change file, the names will be back to what they should be after you first save and load the game. 

Il 27/12/2018 in 21:43 , PaMi 7 ha scritto:

@Uncle_Sam are you going to also do a pro / rel version without the real rules? If yes, indicatively, when you do it? Not to be in a hurry but just to regulate me when I can start my save ;)

Maybe you don't see this post ;)

2 hours ago, PaMi 7 said:

take em out in the editor, it not that hard.   There are a few threads from graaa and Sam on  US already. 

Edited by wkdsoul

I'm currently playing with NC State in Atlantic Coast (don't know if it happens with others) but when I play a conference game and select my team there are players (u23) that I can't play.
There are no restrictions about players but if I put on holiday they play conference games

Great files! There is a problem with several teams in the Canadian leagues. In many cases, a senior team is in two different divisions (ex. Brantford, FC Edmonton). I'm guessing that the senior team should be in the higher division, and the reserve or B team should be in the lower division.

Can you teach me of the rules in MLS? I've tried a couple of times, but It's impossible for me to understand how the transfer system and building the roster work. It's so complicated for us Europeans. Nevertheless this seems fun, too bad I won't be playing.

On 01/01/2019 at 16:34, PaMi 7 said:

I haven't decided if I will do that or not. This file is a lot of work, and setting up a Pro/Rel USA would be more work. I always tell people, however, that my file is open source. You are welcome to take the data and remove the rules and start over and even re-release your version.

On 01/01/2019 at 18:58, pedrosmith17 said:

First, congratulations for te DB. Almost perfect. 

Second, the NCAA teams needed to be more reputation than others, cuz in US, mostly players prefer go to college before to be a pro. So this, on the DB, is perfect. 

This is a tricky tight-rope to walk. Aljarov can tell you that the reputations aspect of this file was very difficult and admittedly I'm not sure it's perfect. An added challenge is the unique dynamic of the real-life US pyramid, which isn't a pyramid at all, really. It's certainly not a pyramid as compared to the rest of the world, which is how the editor is designed. 

On 02/01/2019 at 15:49, Palk said:

I'm currently playing with NC State in Atlantic Coast (don't know if it happens with others) but when I play a conference game and select my team there are players (u23) that I can't play.
There are no restrictions about players but if I put on holiday they play conference games

Thank you for this feedback. I have kind of reworked the fixture rules to hopefully prevent this from happening.

7 hours ago, Haiku said:

Can you teach me of the rules in MLS? I've tried a couple of times, but It's impossible for me to understand how the transfer system and building the roster work. It's so complicated for us Europeans. Nevertheless this seems fun, too bad I won't be playing.

This is a youtube video playlist I made for playing MLS on FM18. Most of the rules will be the same, with the exception of the salary cap numbers: 

On 02/01/2019 at 15:49, Palk said:

5 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Thank you for this feedback. I have kind of reworked the fixture rules to hopefully prevent this from happening.

I had the same issue playing in the Big Ten with Michigan State. Not sure if it was the same for Palk, but I noticed that all of the players who were restricted from playing were non-Americans. I used the editor to give them dual nationality and they were all able to play. 

This is amazing though, Uncle Sam. Thank you so much for all of your hard work on this!

8 hours ago, hammer 12 said:

It would be cool to have the MLS in Conmebol again like last year, this was amazing last year. Great work as always but i'm waiting for the copa sudamericana.

I am efforting this a little bit on the side. Early tests were causing the competition not to organize in certain years, but I hope to have fixed that. I also played with that file, it was definitely fun.

16 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

While you're fiddling with fixture rules, am I the only one that's having a weird issue with the USSDA leagues where none of the players on Amateur contracts are eligible for the actual games (they're flagged as "ineligible due to being on a month-to-month contract" or something like that).

It seems to be an SI bug with the "allow any numbers" squad number rules flag in fixture rules, where it is not actually doing that but is instead setting the rule to disallow registration/play for players on month-to-month contracts - which includes the "amateur" contracts that most USSDA players, especially MLS academy players, are on.

Disabling that flag by unchecking "squad number rules" in that fixture ruleset so none of the three options ("allow any numbers", "B-teams use 1-11 numbers" or "players on month to month contracts cannot be registered") seems to correct the behaviour. (The third of these options, where this result is apparently intended behaviour, does what it's supposed to. The second might fix it too, but I didn't check because I was trying to figure out another weird squad number issue so I didn't check if the DA worked properly there.)

2 hours ago, bclem12 said:

When do you think v2.4 will be released? I am really excited to start a save with this database!

I'll be making an announcement soon...

3 minutes ago, Dallan said:

While you're fiddling with fixture rules, am I the only one that's having a weird issue with the USSDA leagues where none of the players on Amateur contracts are eligible for the actual games (they're flagged as "ineligible due to being on a month-to-month contract" or something like that).

It seems to be an SI bug with the "allow any numbers" squad number rules flag in fixture rules, where it is not actually doing that but is instead setting the rule to disallow registration/play for players on month-to-month contracts - which includes the "amateur" contracts that most USSDA players, especially MLS academy players, are on.

Disabling that flag by unchecking "squad number rules" in that fixture ruleset so none of the three options ("allow any numbers", "B-teams use 1-11 numbers" or "players on month to month contracts cannot be registered") seems to correct the behaviour. (The third of these options, where this result is apparently intended behaviour, does what it's supposed to. The second might fix it too, but I didn't check because I was trying to figure out another weird squad number issue so I didn't check if the DA worked properly there.)

I have not seen this, but I also haven't tested a lot playing as an Academy team. I'll see if the changes that I did make corrected the issue, and if not I'll give your solution a go. Thank you for the feedback.

Edited by Uncle_Sam

MAJOR UPDATE BEING RELEASED SOON

After much (MUCH) testing and experimentation, I will be releasing a pretty huge update to the file this weekend. One of the glaring issues with the file was that not enough American newgens were being developed to support the larger number of teams in the database. I figured out a way to cheat the system and now there are 350+ youth clubs generating a youth intake every year. Every youth club is either the academy of an existing club or a real life youth club.

Major Changes:

-Drastically increased number of Youth players generated by adding over 270 youth clubs (non-playable).

-Adjusted Competition and Club reputations to hopefully better represent the flow of players from youth to the professional leagues

-It will now be possible to select all of the expansion clubs, including Inter Miami (expansion clubs not in one of the USL leagues can be found in the new "US Expansion Clubs" division).

-Improved (hopefully) the squad selection rules for every division below MLS, including the NCAA.

-Added the new USL Championship rule that adds a fourth substitution for extra time in the playoffs.

-Revamped the at-large selection process for the NCAA tournament so that a few slots go to the strongest conferences.

-Fixed the issue in Canada where a couple of clubs we being placed into the CSL Second Division AND their primary competition.