What PC Graphics card is needed for a 4/5 star 3D match engine rating?

On my HP laptop, I have an 'Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620' graphics card. I want to know if this graphic card will give me a 4/5 star rating on the 3D match engine graphics?

I played last year's game and it game me a 3 star rating, and after I reset my preferences in the game it went down to 1 star (maybe a bug?)

Can anyone give me some information about whether my laptop's graphic will give me a good 3D match graphics?

Thanks!

It probably won't, as it isn't actually a graphics card. Intel graphics are integrated graphics chips, to allow a computer to display to a monitor without a proper graphics card. If you're wanting decent graphics, you'd have to get a new laptop with a dedicated graphics card.

An integrated card like that one will be unlikely to give 4/5 star ratings, but the ratings are only a guideline and not a hard and fast indication of how the game will run.  If you adjust the graphics quality in preferences, this should run the game reasonably.

Integrated solutions likely all won't do except for more basic purposes. Not sure at all how the Ratings are assessed. Given that the game doesn't appear to do any "benchmarking", it's likely SI have entered a list of Hardware someplace and where it would fall into.

The five star rating for my machine would suggest that any current entry level dedicated desktop card would give you such. My CPU is seven years old, I replaced my graphics Card with a GTX 1050 ti a year ago (before the Prices sky rocketed by up to 40-50%, still not down to where this card belongs imo, over here anyway). Bear in mind that equivalent Laptop Solutions typically are weaker, e.g. mobile GTX 1050/ti. For gaming purposes, laptops in general are fairly expensive affairs.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I got my laptop a year ago so it's very new and I have kept on updating the graphics whenever its needed. 

I've downloaded the demo and it's come back with a 1 star rating. However, I adjusted the graphics in the preferences and it's running fairly smoothly (only some lag).

Does the 1 star rating matter at all with the overall gameplay experience?

3 hours ago, Rashidi said:

correct me if i am wrong but isn't a multi core processor more important than the gfx card for the match engine graphics.

No, because most of the game is run on a single core, it's only background matches that are run on the other cores, so single core speed is most important.

But OP doesn't actually have a graphics card in his laptop, just integrated graphics, which will impact the graphics and frame-rate of any game he plays, whether it's FM or anything else.

6 hours ago, James Greensmith said:

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I got my laptop a year ago so it's very new and I have kept on updating the graphics whenever its needed. 

I've downloaded the demo and it's come back with a 1 star rating. However, I adjusted the graphics in the preferences and it's running fairly smoothly (only some lag).

Does the 1 star rating matter at all with the overall gameplay experience?

No- the rating system is just a guideline- if the game runs smoothly enough, then do not worry about the rating stars.

7 hours ago, Preveza said:

Is my I7 8700K and GeForce RTX 2070 good enough to play on max? :p

Yes, but the stars are an SI thing only. It doesn't matter about the high end equipment used, it is more about the benchmark SI uses, and the game is not optimised for high end equipment, it is in want for a better term, too simple like the ME. You won't see any bigger returns :(

7 hours ago, Preveza said:

Is my I7 8700K and GeForce RTX 2070 good enough to play on max? :p

Hmmm i wonder.... :P

Absolutely great pieces of hardware there, however, believe it or not, probably overkill for FM and you wouldnt get the full benefit of it.  But you knew that already, lol

Think i read somewhere that a low ish end card (obviously not bargain basement end) would run FM match engine on medium at least.   I long for the day FM uses all cores though regularly

31 minutes ago, Transk53 said:

Yes, but the stars are an SI thing only. It doesn't matter about the high end equipment used, it is more about the benchmark SI uses, and the game is not optimised for high end equipment, it is in want for a better term, too simple like the ME. You won't see any bigger returns :(

I dont think it ever will be optimised for high end machines either because we all have such varying setups... or am i on the wrong lines?

FM is more CPU intense anyway so i have always played it using my desktops onboard graphics, since my GPU packed in,  Runs fine, but medium settings on ME is pushing it lol  Anything above that, or even on that setting, press conferences and tunnel interviews are not very responsive when choosing your answer.  :D 

4 minutes ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

I dont think it ever will be optimised for high end machines either because we all have such varying setups... or am i on the wrong lines?

FM is more CPU intense anyway so i have always played it using my desktops onboard graphics, since my GPU packed in,  Runs fine, but medium settings on ME is pushing it lol  Anything above that, or even on that setting, press conferences and tunnel interviews are not very responsive when choosing your answer.  :D 

When are the ever lol. That's the issue with have having a meaty GPU, this game will never stress test it. That is what annoys me with the game asking the user to update the dvrs, nVidia or AMD are not going to waste time on changing the reference dvrs it gives SI, there is no point for them. The game has asked me including FM18 to check for newer vers, it makes no difference.

4 minutes ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

When are the ever lol. That's the issue with have having a meaty GPU, this game will never stress test it. That is what annoys me with the game asking the user to update the dvrs, nVidia or AMD are not going to waste time on changing the reference dvrs it gives SI, there is no point for them. The game has asked me including FM18 to check for newer vers, it makes no difference.

11 hours ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

Hmmm i wonder.... :P

Absolutely great pieces of hardware there, however, believe it or not, probably overkill for FM and you wouldnt get the full benefit of it.  But you knew that already, lol

Think i read somewhere that a low ish end card (obviously not bargain basement end) would run FM match engine on medium at least.   I long for the day FM uses all cores though regularly

aye thats what I feel aswell. Longing the day FM can take advantage of higher end hardware. I heard somewhere FM only uses only but half of the RAM aswell. Not sure on the details so don't quote me. 

On 24/12/2018 at 11:04, Preveza said:

aye thats what I feel aswell. Longing the day FM can take advantage of higher end hardware. I heard somewhere FM only uses only but half of the RAM aswell. Not sure on the details so don't quote me. 

DRAM is a bit more less than you think.

Archived