Simultaneously managing club and country

Yes you can do both. 

Yes there can be some negatives. For instance, you may get criticized by the media if you select players to your national squad that are currently on your club team and they will scream favoritism even if those players are deserving of a place in the squad.  

And then there can be a personal conflict of interest:   I sold a player and one of the cash installments would be paid after he played x amount of International games. While I was coaching my International team in my current save, I received a message from my inbox informing me that the player was one international appearance away from my club receiving the remaining $10M of the Transfer fee. It was simple, if I chose not to play him in the next match, my club would not receive payment. Thus one of the dilemmas of club vs. country when doing double duty in FM. 

4 minutes ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

Yes you can do both. 

Yes there can be some negatives. For instance, you may get criticized by the media if you select players to your national squad that are currently on your club team and they will scream favoritism even if those players are deserving of a place in the squad.  

And then there can be a personal conflict of interest:   I sold a player and one of the cash installments would be paid after he played x amount of International games. While I was coaching my International team in my current save, I received a message from my inbox informing me that the player was one international appearance away from my club receiving the remaining $10M of the Transfer fee. It was simple, if I chose not to play him in the next match, my club would not receive payment. Thus one of the dilemmas of club vs. country when doing double duty in FM. 

Thanks mate

On 13/12/2018 at 00:29, Heywood JaBlowme said:

Yes you can do both. 

Dilemmas? This is my why of making it riiiichhhh, play all my players and inflate their transfer fee, sell them and never let them see the NT again :D

I did my Pegasus team and Hong Kong U23's at the same time during their qualifying campaign and I hated it, I didn't know how to work it, I didn't enjoy it (I watch everything on comprehensive, but not my international games). I imagine it's very different in senior international management but the whole experience just felt tagged on almost, I got through the qualifiers (they were all done in a month, off the top of my head I won 5 out of the 6 games, neutral venue in all matches - Bali, which was nice, I think) then quit, didn't bother with the tournament itself which was a year or so later.

Not for me.

If I remember rightly it had an impact on job interviews, I promised my prospective employer that I'd quit international football if I was to get the job, but I quit before I was offered it anyways so I don't know whether the game makes that promise 'binding' so to speak

Archived