Mentoring, Determination and Traits

Hey there guys, I have the following questions and I couldn't find a reply anywhere.

1) Does mentoring still increase determination?

2) How can I use a mentor to increase the determination of a young player, without him passing on his Player Traits? (Essentially, the old "mentor him off the pitch" which transferred personality and determination stats, but no PPMs)

Seriously, I know SI keeps things secretive this year with the new training and all, but isn't this a basic info to have in order to play the game? I couldn't find it anywhere...

Thanks for any replies!!

Just now, Lamias said:

Seriously, I know SI keeps things secretive this year with the new training and all, but isn't this a basic info to have in order to play the game? I couldn't find it anywhere...

Have a look in the training and tactics section. There are 2 pinned topics on Mentoring. The info you're looking for is in there already.

In short 1) Yes. and 2) the asking a captain/player to welcome a new signing to the club can do this, for one.

Just now, Lamias said:

Essentially, the old "mentor him off the pitch" which transferred personality and determination stats, but no PPMs

Also, you're confusing two terms here. Last year, there was Tutoring off the pitch.Tutoring is no more. It is Mentoring now which is different. It doesn't work the same way and it's not going to be as certain or exploitative.

Thanks for replying.

Are you referring to these two?  https://community.sigames.com/topic/452839-fm2019-the-unofficially-official-training-and-mentoring-guide/  and https://community.sigames.com/topic/448638-fm19-training-a-brief-guide/  ?

If so, of course I checked them before posting. But I read them again, and nowhere does it say 1) if determination is passed along with a successful mentoring, and 2) how to pass on personality and determination but NO PPMs.

I have an old winger in my squad, and I just brought in a youngster who plays in the same position, but I want to use him as an inside forward. He has a determination of 3, so I will use mentoring. But the problem is that the old winger has the "runs with the ball down left" and "hugs line" as traits. I absolutely can't have these traits for my young inside forward. So how can I mentor him, but exclude the learning of PPMs, like in previous FMs? (If the "ask player to welcome him in the club" does not work, am I out of options?)

Thanks again!

OK,

1 - By adding a player that has low determination, there is a chance (NOT a guarantee) that it will increase, if he's in a group with higher determination.

2 - You also don't have to put the same player roles in the same group - So you could put the young winger in another group with the goal of avoiding these traits. (I put my Holding midfileders into a Defender based group for this).

3 - If your sqaud all has high determination (Or the squad he falls into has higher), the there is a chance this could also increase his determination

I think SI's goal was to make this not as much of a banker\gaurantee that it has been in the past, in saying all that, there is also the chance that no matter what, he might not increase determination as much as it used to in the past.

1 hour ago, Lamias said:

Thanks for replying.

Are you referring to these two?  https://community.sigames.com/topic/452839-fm2019-the-unofficially-official-training-and-mentoring-guide/  and https://community.sigames.com/topic/448638-fm19-training-a-brief-guide/  ?

If so, of course I checked them before posting. But I read them again, and nowhere does it say 1) if determination is passed along with a successful mentoring, and 2) how to pass on personality and determination but NO PPMs.

I have an old winger in my squad, and I just brought in a youngster who plays in the same position, but I want to use him as an inside forward. He has a determination of 3, so I will use mentoring. But the problem is that the old winger has the "runs with the ball down left" and "hugs line" as traits. I absolutely can't have these traits for my young inside forward. So how can I mentor him, but exclude the learning of PPMs, like in previous FMs? (If the "ask player to welcome him in the club" does not work, am I out of options?)

Thanks again!

The tactics and training forum is the dedicated forum for training questions and you've seen the specific threads, so I would recommend asking there. They were written by the people in the know and is often checked. Outside of my own answer, I don't know of a way.

Archived