Average Gamer Age

47 and started with CM on the Amiga. Haven't bought every version of the the game, but FM13 remains my favourite. Bought FM18 early this year, but pretty disillusioned with the ME. Playing FM19, but doesn't seem any fun anymore to me. Still persisting though :)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must admit I was massively surprised that there was such a varied age when it comes to playing FM and that I'm not some outlier.

In that case I will proudly march on in my attempt to break the Old Firm grip on the SPL.

Before conquering Europe with Hull City of course :)

27 from New York. Been playing since I found Worldwide manager 2009 online and have been a loyal supporter since. I was always aware of the game and saw it in the shops when I visited my family in Tipperary but never bought it because it wouldn't have worked on my American computer. I'm not sure if that was even the first one available for American consumers but I'm definitely glad I found it when I did!

I'm 26. I used to remember watching my mate play Premier Manager on the PlayStation, I think it was 99 or 2000, I was fascinated by it. I think the first manager game I played was one of the LMA Manager games on the PlayStation or PS2. I've been playing manager games ever since, most were just the PS2 versions to begin with. I didn’t properly transition over to PC manager games until FM 08 which I loved. Been addicted to FM ever since.

On 06/12/2018 at 19:29, Insert_Goal_Here said:

So, I've just bought FM19, I had a hiatus between FM12 and FM17, but have bought the last 3. Although I didn't get very far with FM18, what with work and parenting, but I intend to with this iteration.

Now I've been playing FM or CM as it used to be since the 97/98 version, managing Sheffield Wednesday. I will never forget that team. But what is the average age of those who play Football Manager? Is it even possible for SI to collect this information? I feel like I am an older player at 32 years old. So what is your age? I hope that there are many more 30 something FMers. 

I am 15

10 hours ago, mightypvfc said:

32 and been playing for many years. My 4 year old boys don't understand what all the fuss is about but luckily for them they've got it all to come. It's going to be fun in a few years having a 3 way hot seat. 

I am trying to get my 7 year old brother into it

Been playing since mid 1980's (pre-Collyer Bros.) - Football Manager on the old Commodore 64 (the game still loads and plays! - Arnold Muhren...star!). Then CM '93, CM2 - which was the start of the CM/FM complete addiction. CM3 (by far the best for its era) and onwards.

I have a complete bookshelf of them, they are my favourite children.

I did go not play for a couple of years after the demise of FMLive which I absolutely loved, and found the regular FM didn't bring that same level of enjoyment, but slowly but surely, the addiction drew me back.

I am nearly 65 and have been playing CM then FM since the mid nineties. I think that CM 97/98 was my first sortie into serious football management, although I did play some sort of football manager type game on my Spectrum where you had to load from cassette tapes and endure the racket this made and worry that it would actually load at all as errors were frequent.

Still enjoying playing 

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, josephwork said:

hi there played it since 95 0n the pc I am 47 time to hang my  playing boots just got fm 19 for xmas

Hope your managing boots continue to serve you as long as your playing boots have :)

I'm 48, first played Football Manager on the Spectrum in the early eighties, and have owned every edition of CM/FM since the red boxed original apart from CM Italia, which ironically I would probably have loved now. 

Other than FM, the amount of management games I've played is ridiculous, used to send away for all the mail order ones for both the Spectrum and the Amiga. 

When I think back to how primitive a lot of these games were, it makes me laugh when people whine about the current games on here. 

18 hours ago, Andrew747 said:

49, who else remembers the football manager game on the ZX Spectrum circa 1985/6. That's when I started. 

Football Director, tracksuit manager and of course the original football manager remain my favourites, nostalgically speaking. And slightly off topic, fifa19 is not a patch on match day! 1 or 2!

Archived