Jump to content

last save overwrite back up


Recommended Posts

It's indeed a new feature made for people who never backup their files. If they lost their saved game, they could simply load the last save overwrite and save it as... whatever they want.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, arsenalthebest said:

hi is there anyway to turn this off or change the name for example add backup to the name of the save so if the save is named Arsenal it would automatically create a backup called Arsenal backup

I dont think that it can be turned off because, as @KUBI says, it was introduced to give the surprisingly large number of users who do not back up their game, at least one backup if and when they have a crash problem.  I suspect that it cant be renamed in advance but you could rename it afterwards, although this would stop it from being overwritten the next time the game was played as would happen now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

32 minutes ago, KUBI said:

It's indeed a new feature made for people who never backup their files. If they lost their saved game, they could simply load the last save overwrite and save it as... whatever they want.

What if I have 2 or more different saves going?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

vor 12 Minuten schrieb arsenalthebest:

 

What if I have 2 or more different saves going?  

Use incremental saves, make backups. This feature is for users who starts a save and not thinking about backups. It's just one file you could ignore, if you make backups.

Link to post
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Use incremental saves, make backups. This feature is for users who starts a save and not thinking about backups. It's just one file you could ignore, if you make backups.

yeah thats what i usually do i think i just rename the auto backup save i also backup to a usb memory stick

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, KUBI said:

It's indeed a new feature made for people who never backup their files. If they lost their saved game, they could simply load the last save overwrite and save it as... whatever they want.

Oh, if that's what it is then I might as well turn off autosave - or am I missing something?

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Oh, if that's what it is then I might as well turn off autosave - or am I missing something?

This way there is always only one save as it is continually overwritten- you can set the autosave option to have more than one backup, which is always recommended.

Link to post
Share on other sites

it make my save list uglier

for example my normal save list:

Man Utd

Man Utd(v2)

Man Utd(v3)

 

now:

Man Utd

last save overwrite backup

Man Utd(v2)

Man Utd(v3)

 

so what is the point I used 3 rolling auto save if the game decided to make a backup save with stupid name on it

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Lynch48 said:

it make my save list uglier

for example my normal save list:

Man Utd

Man Utd(v2)

Man Utd(v3)

 

now:

Man Utd

last save overwrite backup

Man Utd(v2)

Man Utd(v3)

 

so what is the point I used 3 rolling auto save if the game decided to make a backup save with stupid name on it

 

 

 

Its not been done for cosmetic reasons.  You use the 3 game autosave option to have more that one backup save.  Either way, it is up to you

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...