Assistant Manager's vs. Scout's Report on player CA and PA

As shown in picture below, there is a huge  difference between Assistant Manger's and Scout' report on Christoffer Mafoumbi (GK on trial). And is not an isolated example.

First 2 columns are AM's report, who says he is a surplus to requirements.

Second 2 columns are from Scouts who say sign him whatever price.

Is the size of judging player ability and potential attributes between the AM and Scout responsible for the difference between reports. I just terminated the contract of my AM, who had 9 judging PA and 9 judging PP and hired AM who has 12/14. And no difference in AM reports.

It's really frustrating when I sign a player whom my Scouts rate highly, but AM not. I've never noticed the reports to be other way around though.

So which report is correct and what can solution to such discrepancy be?

Oxford City_ Players Players.png

The difference is likely to be in their JCA and JPA attributes, but in terms of a 'solution', I don't think there is supposed to be one.

Even if they had the same attributes, they will still rate the same player slightly differently, and, at times, rate a player very differently.

This is as intended since no one can know with certainty how good a player is, and it is very subjective after all.

You will probably have your own opinion based on the player's attributes and/or performances, and it may again be different to what the scouts or the Am thinks. Just immerse yourself into the world of football management and you'll begin to enjoy the imaginary arguments you have with your staff about all sorts of things you all disagree on :)

Best thing is to dig deeper and look at Attributes and personality yourself. It is unusual, especially when the player is 27 as there would be a playing history to back up the reports as well, 

How do the  GK attributes of your staff stack up? Maybe the scout has in-depth knowledge of GKing ?

Otherwise, it it were my save, it's a case of dig into the attributes and stats and work out for yourself if he is worth it.

GK attributes relates to training not scouting with staff, so a higher attribute will make no difference in their analysis.

Consider how long the scouts and AM have been looking at the player, your AM only as long as the trial i assume, your scouts as long as you have set to scout players. The longer the time period the more accurate it likely to be. 

How recent was the scouts report, if old he could be comparing the player to worse players when the general standard of your squad  has since  improved. So both the AM or scout could be right.

If the player is on trial you can check your other staffs opinion, see if they differ. They may have higher judging ability than the AM or scouts.

To be honest, if he's on trial at the club and I can see his attributes, I'd trust my own ability to assess whether the player had the right strengths and weaknesses a lot more than the coaches or scouts' guess at current ability, or even the actual CA rating in the editor. Especially since he's a goalkeeper and too old to improve much.

I'd ignore past stats. Finding out how many clean sheets he kept behind a different defence tells you very little about whether he's actually good at stopping shots and doesn't make many mistakes.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree, I will make the final verdict, based on key attributes. Of course I will check his stats, but only those that are based on the longer period as it can reveal some trends.

I will also add column "days since last report" in player search tab and make another scout check if it is too old. Maybe the time of assessment is important.

As soon as I released GK on trial, I found out that scout report changed when I looked at this player in player search tab again.

Archived