ready-made tactics

I use it and I have had a lot of success with it and combining it with in game shouts. I have found however though that when my team gets more Rep its harder for me to win games as teams just sit deep and hit on the counter so if anyone can help with that id appreciate it :)

Another thing I have found is the striker doesn't get many goals as a Pressing Forward do we think that changing that to a Poacher or that would the tactic still work well?

Surely for the game to work properly, you should not be able to be dominant simply by using a default tactic?

It would be like being able to drive fastest on a formula 1 game with all the driving aids on.

There would be no incentive or need to learn anything about tactics.

It is certainly not a criticism, but an inbuilt default system and shouts I don't think should get you far.

17 hours ago, Morphiushell said:

I use it and I have had a lot of success with it and combining it with in game shouts. I have found however though that when my team gets more Rep its harder for me to win games as teams just sit deep and hit on the counter so if anyone can help with that id appreciate it :)

Another thing I have found is the striker doesn't get many goals as a Pressing Forward do we think that changing that to a Poacher or that would the tactic still work well?

In cases like this I've found the best option is to lower my defensive line and LOE a notch. That way when your team wins the ball back there's more space for your players to attack and the opposition has less time to regain their defensive shape. I'll also drop the mentality to balanced from time to time as I've found positive tends to see my players shooting form distance too much for my taste. 

For the striker role I prefer to play the pressing forward on a support duty to bring others into play and it works much better. 

5 minutes ago, Morphiushell said:

So i wonder if you are fav to win a game then it might be best dropping the lines back a bit as they are like to sit in again you if you are fav to win

Take it game by game, but the more you win the more teams will just sit back and defend. I rarely use a very high LOE anymore. 

Obviously you have to have the right players to make any system work. Gegenpressing needs players with high stamina, workrate, and all that, but don't overlook the decisions attribute. If you're playing at a very high temp you need players that can make good decisions quickly.

Archived