FM2019 - Zoom In 125%?

First let me point out that i am visual impaired and i have always played the game with Zoom In at 125%.

2019 does not have that option. Just 100% and smaller. I have tried changing the Zoom Size XML file from 1 to 2. It does not give me any new options in the Interface but does increase the screen but the button calibration is off.

Any new tricks to help for a guy that has enjoyed playing the game since version 2002

FM19 does have the option to zoom to 125%. Do you play with a different skin or something? What resolution in your monitor, will that have any effect? But yeah, it definitely has the option for 125% zoom:

Screenshot 2018-11-26 at 16.14.15.png

I have an older laptop , running Windows10 1803 the maximum resolution I can select is 1600 x 900, via Settings>Display>Advanced Settings>DisplayAdapterProperties>List All Modes .There is no 125% zoom availbale to me either, and i struggle to read the text at 100%. I looked into updating the display driver but it seems my graphics card can't support a higher res. The workaround I found is to use a custom skin. Neub Skin has an inherent zoom and I find it much easier to read. Of course, the trade-off is more scrolling

• Administrators

1600 x 900 is too low a resolution to have 125% zoom. Only certain resolutions are able to have certain types of zoom. Would suggest playing around with your resolution settings in-game to see if you can come up with something that meets your criteria. 

• 1 month later...

I'd like to see more options for this type of thing.  I use 125% and wish it could be slightly higher. (started off playing CM1 on Amiga and still going at ripe old age of almost 42 years - that's alot of gaming and the larger screen would support my old eyes!) 

By the way OP - Many years ago now CM/FM was compatible with Zoomtext?  It's a very popular software program for the visually impaired that enlarges Windows and it's applications.  I've since left that industry, so now unaware of whether this is still the case, but should your eye sight decline further over time then I'd suggest trying it out - or something similar to it.  It has crossed my mind what I would do were my sight to deteriorate and something like additional software that could work on top of FM would be very useful and extend the time you could still access the game for.

Archived