Wolves FM19

Carlf788

So after having a play around for a few weeks and a few failed saves I have finally got up and running as Wolves. Anybody else playing as them? They seem a great project. I came 8th in the first season and 11th in the second season. Currently in summer 2020.

when I took over their -90m bank balance concerned me but the chairman seems to pump money in and we are loaded at the moment. I have spent £85m and raked in £95m. 

Major ins so far 

Morelos from rangers 13m

jhon Lucimi a great cb off Genk 17m

Moro and Majer two great young cm prospects from dinamo Zagreb 15m for the pair

bogle from Derby 5m 

nandez from boca 9m

plus a load of young prospects for the youth teams.

Major outs so far 

Boly Watford 10m

moutinho Hamburg 3m

doherty sheff Utd 8m

helder Costa lazio 11m

cavialero Watford 7.5m

dendoncker Newcastle 22m

also keep knocking back bids of 45m from PSG and Chelsea for Neves. They need to at least double that. 

Currenty have a bank balance of 150m and 135m transfer budget as well as 200k spare in the wage budget! Insane money really considering I'm about even in net spend.

Hoping this is the season I break into the European places. I have got in a good DOF and scouts and I let them sign players for the youth team and as the prices for established players are mental like real life I'm going to handicap myself in only been allowed to sign players 22 and under. I aim to stock my under 23s and 18s with all the best young players in the game then starting winning trophies from season 5 onwards! 

My current Starting 11 July 2020

Patricio

Bogle Coady Lucimi Vinagre

Moro Neves Majer

Traore   Morelos   Jota

with having up to 135m to spend to add to that I almost have the pick of the best young players in Europe  altough I don't want to spend more than 15-17m on one player to make it interesting and more of a challenge. Morgan Gibbs white is developing nicely as well so him and nandez are good back up cm options 

Edited by Carlf788

Have you been giving John Kitolano some game time yet? Seems like a good prospect to me. I've only played two games in to the first season so far but I won 3-1 against Watford in the opening game and 2-0 against West Ham in the second game of the season. It's always nice to start with a good run so hopefully we can carry on and kick off from here! :) 

5 hours ago, RocheBag said:

I think it's a real shame to play as Wolves and not use their 3-4-3 system. Their squad is perfectly built for it and it's what sets them apart from the other premier league teams in my opinion 

I'm using that formation on my save and it's going quite well actually even though it's still early in my save. Diogo Jota and Hélder Costa are beasts on the wings!

• 2 weeks later...

I am a couple of months into season 3, so far so good. Of the original squad the standout performers have got to be Jota, Neves and Moutinho. We would be a lot worse off without Moutinho working his magic from set pieces!

Season one we finished 4th and won the FA cup. Season 2 we won the Premier League (on gd) and reached the final of the champions league, only to be beaten by Man City.

However, I have two issues that are affecting my desire to play. 1. The budgets did not update between season 2 and 3 (bug maybe?) and the restricted wage budget is screwing me over 2. Hard Brexit.

oh well...

• 3 months later...

I just finished my first season with them. Ended 9th in the PL, but I won the FA Cup against Liverpool. After promising to the board that I'd reach a CL spot (more transfer budget) I was close to being sacked so I had to bull*hit my way out in a meeting with them.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1686726512

In the first transfer window I got in De Ligt, Upamecano, Tierney and Belotti as big catches and some high potential players such as Tonali, Doku, Fabio Silva, Morilla… which all got play time. I always offer 10-15 million euros(!) with most on monthly installments to lure the better wonderkids away. That's what a sugar daddy is for after all.

I played a 4-1-2-3 DM Wide that I found on the net and adjusted slightly. You don't want Patricio to be a sweeper keeper... trust me.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1686729413

Moutinho was my best player together with Traoré and Neves. Jimenez stopped scoring halfway through the season, ditto with Belotti which I loaned out to Everton during the winter transfer period (high wages). I had to put Jota in the striker position which worked out better for me.

I didn't get too much to spend for 2019/2020 so I decided to sell quite some of my players 20-40 millions each (I kept Neves and Mouthinho)  and got in a lot of big talents like Lafont, Foden, Declan Rice, Moise Kean, Lee Kangin, Dani Olmo, Pellegri, Lautaro Martinez, Dalot , Militao(Wonderkid backline ftw), and Gedson Fernandes with the same tactic as in the first season. There is Also a good Japanes player in the Middle East called Nakajima. I got him for my right winger spot. There ain't a lot of natural right winger wonderkids out there, or at least not any you can lure to Wolves, so I am retraining Nakajima and Olmo for that position.

My staff (4 stars or more but can vary)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1686734921

My scouts

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1686735791

Just lost the Charity Shield against Liverpool with 3-0 with a Gegenpress tactic. I have some tweaking to do...

Edited by phugalu

23 hours ago, phugalu said:

In the first transfer window I got in De Ligt, Upamecano, Tierney and Belotti as big catches and some high potential players such as Tonali, Doku, Fabio Silva, Morilla… which all got play time. I always offer 10-15 million euros(!) with most on monthly installments to lure the better wonderkids away. That's what a sugar daddy is for after all.

I didn't get too much to spend for 2019/2020 so I decided to sell quite some of my players 20-40 millions each (I kept Neves and Mouthinho)  and got in a lot of big talents like Lafont, Foden, Declan Rice, Moise Kean, Lee Kangin, Dani Olmo, Pellegri, Lautaro Martinez, Dalot , Militao(Wonderkid backline ftw), and Gedson Fernandes with the same tactic as in the first season. There is Also a good Japanes player in the Middle East called Nakajima. I got him for my right winger spot. There ain't a lot of natural right winger wonderkids out there, or at least not any you can lure to Wolves, so I am retraining Nakajima and Olmo for that position.

WTF?!

On 19/03/2019 at 14:58, Geordieboy52 said:

WTF?!

You have to exploit your sugar daddy. I don't know how you can be pleased with buying Jimenez when you can buy Belotti. Or why you would keep Bennett if you can buy De Ligt. e.g. De Ligt I bought for 12.5 million euros up front and 30 mil on installments with an extra 5 mill after 30 league app. and 2.5 mil after 20 international app. That way you can keep most of your current transfer budget for other buys and when the balance goes in the red numbers your sugar daddy jumps in. But also hope you bought in well so you live up to expectations. After season 1 you can sell your best players for 150 mill to 200 mil in total if you strike good deals dont accept offers with installments, let them pay all up front). make the math for how many winderkids you can buy with that amount with my tactic ;)

Edited by phugalu

5 hours ago, phugalu said:

You have to exploit your sugar daddy. I don't know how you can be pleased with buying Jimenez when you can buy Belotti. Or why you would keep Bennett if you can buy De Ligt. e.g. De Ligt I bought for 12.5 million euros up front and 30 mil on installments with an extra 5 mill after 30 league app. and 2.5 mil after 20 international app. That way you can keep most of your current transfer budget for other buys and when the balance goes in the red numbers your sugar daddy jumps in. But also hope you bought in well so you live up to expectations. After season 1 you can sell your best players for 150 mill to 200 mil in total if you strike good deals dont accept offers with installments, let them pay all up front). make the math for how many winderkids you can buy with that amount with my tactic ;)

Wow...

• 2 months later...

254125599_Screenshot(69).thumb.png.46a9fb4feffcad8e82a126c56cd15eab.png

283013611_Screenshot(10).thumb.png.ca28c99679326e31d4240d06746c9e4e.png283013611_Screenshot(10).thumb.png.ca28c99679326e31d4240d06746c9e4e.png

Hello, Really enjoyed this years save.  was only planning 5/6 seasons but I got carried away...... Molineaux  has had 2 standium expansions ...50,000 once finished. (played @ Villa Park whilst expansion happened..... i asked board for a New stadium in 2029  got refused but asked again few years later and surprisingly was  Granted planning permission for New Stadium.... first one Ive got built since playing since 1997.!!!  ....even more surprised when stadium got named after me !!.... I wonder if we can expand further !!! no option yet but ive only just moved in ......   

Lots have happened in 20 years...Chelsea are currently 18th in the Leauge !!! will they go down !!  wayne rooney manager of cardiff who are 4th... .. Daniel sturridge managed England but he got the Sack... and Malaga Won La Liga..Tycoon taker over......  

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I Just started my Wolves save and 2 games in we have won both 2-1 against Everton and 2-1 against Aston Villa. I signed Ryan Babel 13m and training him to player as a center forward he has scored 2 goals in 2 games so far!

I also signed John Fleck for 15m soi have a solid mid pairing him with Moutinho and Nerves in the DM playermaker.