4-1-4-1 Gengenpress

2 hours ago, alanschu14 said:

Do you just use the tactic as it's defined?

What types of players do you have in the roles?

I just use the base roles except I have my dm play as a roaming midfield and my lone striker as a poacher as he is usually well supported with the attacking inside forwards on the wings

Edited by fracsauce

• 2 weeks later...

I play with this tactic but what I find is when I go on a decent run something happens with the AI and I end up losing every game by 1 goal or draw them all. It seems they begin to fear me and sit in more and it me over the top. Any tips on dealing with this?

Also the pressing forward hardly scores any goals you guys using that or changing it I thought about using a Poacher but wasn't sure how it would work as does the tactic not rely on the forward closing down their defence?

On 19/11/2018 at 16:56, fracsauce said:

I find this tactic works great if you have players that fit the roles as i have always won the league while using it

Ive found inverted wingers and overlapping fb on this formation to be extremely effective. Even witht the fast transitions into attack my fb both achieved 15 assists with only 2 little iw and a dlf s anywhere near the box. Tbh~almost overpowered! Only team instructions i changed were adding overlaps on both sides and reducing line of engagement by 1 notch as my dlf was never really getting much help in the press until the opposition was out of their defensive third. Lots of pi to iw and dlf to make them retain the ball better to allow fb to move through midfield.

Iw runs into 18 yd box without ball creating a surprisingly narrow front 3

Oposition fb narrows to cover.

My fb reacts faster than opposition wide mids,runs into empty wing unchallenged and crosses for a 3 against 4.

Really simple but love watching it!

9 hours ago, Bigmonkey79 said:

Ive found inverted wingers and overlapping fb on this formation to be extremely effective. Even witht the fast transitions into attack my fb both achieved 15 assists with only 2 little iw and a dlf s anywhere near the box. Tbh~almost overpowered! Only team instructions i changed were adding overlaps on both sides and reducing line of engagement by 1 notch as my dlf was never really getting much help in the press until the opposition was out of their defensive third. Lots of pi to iw and dlf to make them retain the ball better to allow fb to move through midfield.

Iw runs into 18 yd box without ball creating a surprisingly narrow front 3

Oposition fb narrows to cover.

My fb reacts faster than opposition wide mids,runs into empty wing unchallenged and crosses for a 3 against 4.

Really simple but love watching it!

yea the only changes I made was changing the midfield roles to deep-lying playmaker and box to box midfielder the DM to a roaming playmaker my striker to a poacher and moved the tempo down to normal and the mentality to balanced (was getting too many injuries otherwise)