The Scottish Clan 03/04 Netgame!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rosco Van Nistelrooy: Game up tonight Sharp at 7pm for any last minute T & T before the season starts proper.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there still some players left out there? Soon fix that... icon_biggrin.gif

Ally

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>i hope every game this season is like this, or even better could i just play Ally 36 times icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_redface.gif Sorry mate, but I doubt that I can think up another 35 excuses for not getting a shot on target. icon_redface.gif

Ally

[pic here]

Something's Fishy Here

What's this? I asked my PA, Is this some kind of sick joke?

She looked at me, startled, not knowing what to say, which was hardly surprising since she hardly spoke a word of English. She was from Dundee after all.

Ah dont know. She said with that bemused look on her face that the Scottish sports journalists got when asked about something not to do with the 'Old Firm'. Its just.... well you said.... And like every woman when confronted with an unsurmountable problem, she burst into tears.

So here I was, stuck in this two bit town, with a football team I hated, whilst someone else, some two-bit, no-good nobody had jumped into bed with my favourite club, the club I had nurtured and cherised since I was a lad, whom I had faithfully supported all my life, going faithfully to Hampden to watch them get gubbed by Rangers whilst pretending to wear a Rangers scarf. It was only pretend I tell you. icon_mad.gif

And so here I was. Oh, the daft bitch had gotten the general area right, but she had gotten the town woefully wrong. How the hell can you mix up Forfar and Arbroath. Even if you are a dumb blonde from Dundee, with enormous... erm potential.

Bah, well ok then. If I had to take this club. This useless, crap, pathetic little club, whose only claim to fame is they once beat another pathetic and crap by 36-0 before Jesus born, yet think people still care. If I had to take them, I would. It was a win win situation. If we did well, I would be great. Well great-er, since I'm already a massive legend. And if we failed. Well, hahahaha, I'd be so gutted.

So then, lets see what these useless fannys can do... not a lot I suspect.

[This message was edited by Peacemaker7 on 09 February 2004 at 14:54.]

dfc1.jpg

Players In

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

Craig Farr - Free

Jamie Cassidy - Free

Chris Mackie - Free

Paul Dempsey - Free

Matt Wicks - Free

Scott Jones - Free

Craig Fishlock - Free

Gavin Duncan - Auchinleck - £1k

Olafur Valdimar Juliusson - HK - £2K

Players Out

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

None

Loans In

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

Andy Dowie - Rangers

Results

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Challenge 1st - Ochilview - Falkirk 6 - 0 Dumbarton

Rodgers 29

Latapy pen 32

Lawrie 45

McPherson 68

McMenamin 74,83 </pre>

Well not exactly the start i would have liked, but it shows that some serouis work has to be undertaken at the Strathclyde Homes Stadium.

Perhaps the worst part is that we didn't create any chances of our own and to be honest we didn't look like creating anything all night, people such as Paddy Flannery have to really pick up their game if we have to have any chance of getting off to a winning start when the league campaign starts as it is imperitve that we do for atleast to inject confidence into the side and look to putting as many points as possible on the table.

Montrose%20logo.jpg

Extract from the "gable ender"

"After the frantic past few days, a leaked document from the Montrose board has fallen into our hands showing the extent to which new controling manager Alex Holligan has change faces within the Montrose playing squad"

Players In

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> 6th in Scottish Third Division

Transfers

| Date | Person | From | Fee |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 14.7.2003 | Martin, Craig | Free Transfer | Free |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 14.7.2003 | Gallagher, Stephen | Free Transfer | Free |

| 15.7.2003 | Correia, Artur | Free Transfer | Free |

| 15.7.2003 | Stone, Michael | Free Transfer | Free |

| 15.7.2003 | McEwen, Dave | Free Transfer | Free |

| 15.7.2003 | Fickling, Ashley | Free Transfer | Free |

| 15.7.2003 | McNulty, Steve | Free Transfer | Free |

| 15.7.2003 | Armstrong, Mark | Free Transfer | Free |

| 15.7.2003 | McVey, Liam | Free Transfer | Free |

| 15.7.2003 | Woolley, Matt | Free Transfer | Free |

| 16.7.2003 | Atai, Michael | Free Transfer | Free |

| 16.7.2003 | Hall, Jordan | Free Transfer | Free |

| 16.7.2003 | Herbert, Robert | Free Transfer | Free |

</pre>

Players Out

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">6th in Scottish Third Division

Transfers

| Date | Person | To | Fee |

| 31.7.2003 | Farnan, Craig | Colwyn Bay | £1K |

| 2.8.2003 | McQuillan, John | Chesham | £1K |

| | | | |

| | Total | | £2K |

| | | | |

</pre>

09 february 2004

staff released -

Brian Webster- scout

Michael Valentine - physio

Jim McQuade - 2nd asst manager

Denis Mcdaid asst manager

Staff In -

Arnoldo Alberto Iguaran - former Colombian international - new asst manager

Airdrie 2 - 2 Hamilton Second Division

Starting the league campaign away to Airdrie. After going 1 down in the first 3 minutes to what was a very soft penalty, it looked bleak for the Lanarkshire men, however they scored 2 after this putting them in front only for Airdrie to score a leveller in the 87th minute.

Hamilton 5 - 0 Alloa Challenge Cup

Hamilton dominated this fixture from the minute the whistle was blown, with Alan Waddell getting a hat trick and man of the match it seems the striker is on top form at the minute.

There has been reports in the paper that Watson was involved with a player in a telephone throwing incident.

An ambulance had to be phoned for Darren Gribben at a training session and he is alleged to have a broken jaw after Watson pulled the phone out the wall and threw it down the hall towards the door. Poor Gribben was coming in and got hit full on the face with it.

Apparently she has been receiving calls from managers offering her players repeatedly even after she has rejected them repeatedly, she has issued a press release stating that if anymore players are offered then she will do more than chuck a phone she will strangle whoever it is with the cord.

Some senior members of the board are asking that she be looked at by a local psychiatrist.

Hamilton 4 - 2 Dumbarton Second Division

In what was a thrilling game Hamilton took all 3 points but Dumbarton made them work hard for it, and if they are to keep up there good run of form then they'll have to play better.

Forfar 2 - 0 Hamilton Second Division

Forfar took revenge after losing the last time these two teams met, today they made sure there was no errorrs and were deserved winners.

Hamilton 0 - 1 Montrose Challenge Cup 3rd Round

Hamilton were beaten by underdogs Montrose after they were given a penalty in the 6th minute.

Chris Aitken played the whole game injured and everyone could see he was struggling but Watson never subbed him, some sections of the media are claiming that the senior members of the board who asked for the psychiatric evaluation may have every right to after what just happened.

Sitting in 6th place in the league we have made a pretty decent start but have to stop the rot and get back to winning.

AllyAvatar.jpgAllyShawLogo.jpg

Alasdair Shaw's Programme Notes Monday 09/02/04

POOR START TO THE CAMPAIGN MEANS RESULTS MUST IMPROVE

Dear Supporters,

The transfer deadline has seen a flurry of activity from a number of clubs, including ours. Please welcome the following new signings.

Paul Binder

A 21 year old goalie that could well see first team action in the near future.

Fraser Coyle

Joining after beginning his career at Rangers, Fraser is a young central defender with a great future ahead of him.

James Graham

Surplus to demands at East Fife, James is a midfielder who will slot in to our plans for the youth team.

John Hilcoat

Signed in a swap deal that saw Fraser Bremner go to Ayr, John provides us with some much needed competition for the goalkeeping jersey and will assist with goalkeeper coaching.

Marcus Martin

A loan signing from Plymouth, Martin is a talented young midfielder who should feature in our first team.

Eddie Newton

A vastly experienced player from his Chelsea days, Eddie will help out with the coaching as well as provide another defensive midfield option.

John Palmer

A young striker, John will join out Under 19 team in the hope of enhancing his skills.

Mark Thomas

Formerly with Wimbledon, Mark will provide competition to our left sided places.

I’ve also moved to strengthen our back room staff and am pleased to announce two new scouts for Elgin City. Paul Manzotti and Mick Mills will be scouring far and wide in the hope of uncovering the best players for us.

With all these new faces, it’s a necessary, but sad part of my job in telling some that they are surplus to requirements. The following players have moved on to pastures new and we wish them well.

Fraser Bremner has moved to Ayr in a swap deal.

Peter Hamilton has moved to Bellshill.

David Hind has moved to Hucknall.

Stephen McCulloch has moved to Edinburgh City.

John McKay has moved to Kilwinning.

Ryan McMullan has moved to Forres Mechanics.

BELLS SCOTTISH THIRD DIVISION – ALBION ROVERS – BORROUGH BRIGGS – SAT 09/08/03 – DEFEAT 1-0

Pete Abraham has assembled a decent squad for Albion Rovers, but we could only improve on our dismal performance against Montrose the week before. Indeed, I felt we were hard done by to come away with this game with nothing as our opponents only shot on target was unfortunately a goal, with McManus heading in from 6 yards.

BELLS SCOTTISH THIRD DIVISION – STIRLING ALBION – FORTHBANK STADIUM – SAT 16/08/03 – WIN 2-1

We travelled to Forthbank, a ground that holds many fond memories for me, looking for our first goal, point, win of the season. Given our poor results prior to the game, changes had to be made and Dennis Connaghan and Kevin Gallagher made their debuts on the team sheet.

Our start was encouraging and we set about laying siege to the Stirling defensive walls. Clague made the break through, heading in at the near post after McLean had chased a lost cause to cross in.

The Stirling line was breached again when McStay punted the ball up the park before going on a lung bursting run in support. McLean had done well to hold the ball up and his cut back to the edge of the area found McStay, who picked his spot and blasted into the top corner.

Stirling managed to pull one back when Anderson headed in from a corner to set up a nervy final minutes. But we managed to hold on and record a fine away win.

BELLS SCOTTISH THIRD DIVISION – STRANRAER – BORROUGH BRIGGS – SAT 23/08/03 – DEFEAT 3-2

With a win under our belts I was hopeful that we could give the early league leaders a good game. However our first half was appalling, particularly in defence, where slack marking let Slade bag a hat trick, all his goals coming from close range.

Needless to say my players were given a roasting at half time and this seemed to fire them up for the second half. A well worked passing move was finished neatly by Clague slotting in and with 4 minutes left on the clock, Alex Bone latched on to Alison’s ball over the top before drilling a shot into the goal.

Unfortunately our comeback was jut too little too late, with out shoddy first half performance costing us dearly.

Our start this season has been far from satisfactory, but I’m confident that once the players have settled a little better, then we’ll start picking up the points we want.

Thanks for your support.

Alasdair Shaw

Elgin City FC Manager

DeanoLogo.jpg

Stenny Start of Season Stats - Acceleration 0, Pace 10

Well we got off the blocks, like a p*ssed tortoise, but managed to gather some speed eventually. My assistant was left to take the reigns for the first two matches of the season. As previously mentioned the Challenge Cup game V Alloa was an unmitigated disaster as we were routed 5-2 in a truly pathetic performance, surely things could only get better from this point onwards.

Berwick (A) 0-4

After arriving back after the game, it became apparent that my backroom staff, in particular my trusted assistant, are w**k. Iaintkd's Berwick mullered us, and the fact that his assistant was in control for this game only compounded my resolve to make sure that mine will recieving his P45 soon.

Airdrie United (H) 3-1

Next up was the visit of current Clan Champ Bod's Airdrie side, to be honest I didnt hold out much hope for anything positive coming from this after our start to the season, but thanks to a gift from Aidrie's wizard (and most likely Stenny Fan) left back, his terrible backpass leaving Darren Carr in the clear to slot home the first, Airdrie came back and equalised, but two goals in 8 minutes, Carr with his second, after turning on a sixpence on the edge of the 6 yard box before rifling into the roof of the net and an Alex Martin header from Lauchlan's corner sealed the points.

Dumbarton (A) 3-2

I think game pretty much typified what we will see from Stenny this year, and that is inconsistency. A whirlwind start saw us go 3 up in the first 9 minutes Gaz's Son's side were in serious trouble or so I would have thought, but from then on in till the last 10 minutes of the match, Dumbarton had the better of the game and pulled two back to leave us hanging on for most of the second half.

Overall, a decent start, going forward we look really good, but at the back well it does seen to be a bit seive-like with only Easton at right back really putting in the performaces, although they arent really helped by McKenzie in his DM role charging around like a demented rhino with little or no effect, our next match will be a benchmark in terms of how we will do this season, when we play hosts to Turps table topping Forfar. The problem at the top of the priority list, is the fact that the team seem to play really sh*te when numpty boy assistant takes charge, but that will be hopefully rectified soon.

[This message was edited by Deano on 10 February 2004 at 12:32.]

arbroath.JPG

You see I knew this was a dumb idea. I knew this team were crap, and as it turns out, I wasn't dissapointed. Mind you, it was quite hard to find new signings to replace the crap that was here. Phoning a few agents, all I got was, All our our players have signed for Elgin.

Quite why they would all want to sign for a club that was even ****tier than this one I have no idea but there you do. I did manage to bring in some more crap though, and although it will take them time to settle, one thing is very clear. They will never be better than crap, and we will be relegated. I'll make damn sure of that... erm I mean, what an utter disaster that would be Mr Chairman.

So my tenure as manager got underway at, of all places, Station Park. And ok so their manager is a numpty, but even so, there was no way I was letting this bunch of freaks win there, so we didnt. A 1-0 loss, just enough to make it look as if we were actually trying. Mind you, these arseholes dont have to do to much acting in that department.

A home match against Morton, and now you fannys can start to play. Well I guess a 0-0 draw wasn't so bad really, the players are still trying to learn the basics of the game like, what is a ball, but once they realise that, and once they learn to kick straight, we'll be on our way for sure.

Yet mibbe I'm expecting too much. Oh, hang on, I'm not. Away at Alloa, and we crashed 4-1. Funny thing is, we didn't actually play all that badly, and we created as many chances as they did. The problem was, they took four of theirs and we only took one, and I think that means we lost.

So after three games we lie bottom of Division Two. But well, you know what they say. And seeing as you do, I'm not going to bother telling you. Bugger off. Oh and another thing. I guess you want to know who I bought, and who playes for us and stupid stuff like that? Well tuff. Just imagine the worst player you know. We have 23 of him.

Goodnight.

Following the humiliation of the challenge cup defeat to Morton last week, manager Burnett decidedly cautious about the up and coming lge campaign.

Stranraer came calling for the opening match and Lurinshy netted 4 in a one man show that will have scouts rushing to see him.

Montrose away was never going to be an easy fixture and drastic measures were called for, to everyones surprise the 'Shire' took the lead in 2mins, veteran striker Falconer caught the Montrose back line sleeping and ran clear to slot away a lovely goal, a penalty in the 19min equalled the scoreline and the 'shire' battened down the hatches, a disallowed goal in the 54min had manager Burnett raging and he had to be restrained by the fourth official and the local fire brigade. The SFA are believed to be investigating after match comments made by Burnett to the referee.

"He called me a ******* tube" was all that was contained in the ref's match report.

During the cold war the 3 minute warning was a constant fear among the peoples of Europe, a fear that the superpowers would unleash hell on the Earth in the form of Mutually Assured Destruction, no warning was given at Firs park when East Stirling succumed to 3 mins of Madness that saw Queens Park score 3 goals, the final score of 2-4 flattered the QP side that were never looking like winners.

Manager Burnett is still apprehensive about the coming season.

"We still need to shore up our defence..especially after the display we just witnessed there, but finding the right players to fit the system is proving difficult, but we never say die."

homebanner2%20copy.jpg

Binos Banter

It might be a fresh new campaign but it seems the same old story. It will take time to form a quality defence as what we have is simply not good enough with players gifting goals away with poor play to say the least. With the budget being absolute zero and our wage structure extremely low it was going to be a miracle to get any new faces on the park and thus far we have brought no one in except four new Quality coaches icon_biggrin.gif. I have had to sell Davidson to create funds to rebuild our defence but the 30K icon_biggrin.gif brought in for a forward player not in my plans made great financial sense and gives us a starting budget. I hope to bring in two new defenders as soon as possible.

Gif.gif

Challenge Cup 1st Rd

Gretna -A 3-0

Our first competitive game and we lost three goals all in extra time. We played well and should have been a goal up by FT, but poor finishing lets us down and after Gretna hit us for three in ET we are out of the cup.

League

Gretna A 2-2

It was a game in which we gave away 2 goals due to a few of our defenders playing stupid balls and not performing in a 3 minute spell. Luckily Scott Mclean hit a double to give us a point. We started well and even took the lead before losing two horrific sloppy goals.

Elgin H 1-2

It was another chance to see our hilarious Defence in action and another two goals gifted by one player “Scotland†giving a poor display. The defence will have to perform better if we are to get even a respectable league placing. A late goal made it interesting up to the whistle and only in the last 10 minutes did we dominate the game.

Peterhead A 1-1

Barry Elliot saved our Blushes with a fine goal to earn us a point. I hope it’s not going to be a season of draws as we are still looking for that first win. The team did play better but our defence was found lacking once again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Phoning a few agents, all I got was, All our our players have signed for Elgin.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah i noticed that i have a mole on the Montrose backroom staff. As soon as i put a bid in for a player the Elgin manager was in aswell icon_wink.gif

So Montrose are already 5 games in and I suppose I should be happy 3rd round of the challenge cup and unbeaten in the league. Truth is the dogmeister sets such high standards for himself that he regards the two draws he has had in the league as 4 points dropped. The team definitely have the quality to push for promotion, we just need to employ the killer touch.

Bells Scottish Third.

Queens Park (a) 2-0. A good competent performance from the Gable-enders as they take their chances to score 2 without reply. The Game is pretty even but the Rose take the spoils.

Bells Scottish Challenge Cup (2nd)

Morton (a) 2-1. Another good performance from Montrose as they upset their stronger 2nd division opposition. Jordan Hall gets the team off to the perfect start just for prolific striker Alex Williams to reply for the Ton. Montrose steal it with an 89th minute penalty.

Bells Scottish Third.

East Stirling (h) 1-1. Montrose struggle against the physical nature of East Stirling and veteran Falconer. He bustles his way through the weak Rose defence to score a breakaway goal early on. The superior technical ability of Montrose shines in this match as they batter 18 shots on their opponents but can only rely on a penalty from Wood to bring them back on level terms. A late scare from East Stirling as they force the ball over the line late on only for it to be disallowed, unsurprisingly for foul play icon_wink.gif.

Bells Scottish Third.

Gretna (a) 1-1. Montrose dominate the game but lack the kilter touch to finish off Gretna. After scoring early, rose slowly let Gretna back into the game and concede a late equaliser.

Bells Scottish Challenge Cup (3rd)

Hamilton (a) 1-0. The jury is still out on whether females should be allowed to be involved in the mans game icon_razz.gif. it was obvious that manager Tracey Watson’s mind was on the new Prada sale rather than the welfare of her players. Certainly Hamilton midfield general Chris Aitken must wonder what he has to do to get subbed when crocked. Operating at 46 condition for most of the game, Hamilton were simply overrun in midfield as they struggled to cope with Woods off the ball runs and Coreira’s superb passing. In the end the 1-0 loss was more flattering to Hamilton than it indicates. Rose gaffer Alex Holligan knows that this would have been different if Hamilton had a fit team out.

berwick.jpg

Berwick , so so.

Nothing special form the start of the season from Berwick but nothing bad either the team have coped well but weakness's are glaring.

Having struggled to find new players to strengthen with, the majority being snapped up by the hoovers, Stewart has be forced to put up with a limit supply of players but hanging in there he's getting the best that his players have to offer.

A promising start with a 4-0 win at home to Stenhousemuir, although the assistant took control as Stewart was on a UN peace keeper mission, well picking up the burd, the UN mission would have be less hostile.

Berwick then travelled to Clyde for the League Challange Cup and fell 2-0 but over all put in a decent performance.

Berwick then travelled to East Fife where they were held to a 1-1 draw, but once again the players trying hard and playing decent, and some desperate but effective defending at times earning a point.

Berwick then welcomed Morton, and although Morton strong favourites Berwick held on strongly for a 0-0 draw with a few chances to steal the 3 points, they settled for the point and some very effective defending and fantastic saves.

With some bids in for new defenders, Stewart is now turning his eye to midfield were he feels not enough ball winning or creativity is done, the forwards are good enough but without the amo, there isn't much that can be down.

Survival is Stewart's main aim this year which he belives is a very achieveable goal for the season ahead.

Albions start has been dubious to say the least. A good start was expected after the challenge cup victory against Arbroath, though Albion struggled with the start.

League vs Elgin

The League kicked of with a trip to Elgin who were always up for the battle. McManus managed to give Albion a victory away from home but the display was far from perfect as was shown with a irrated Abraham on the side line.

Challenge Cup 2nd round vs St. Johnstone

Abraham was satisfied with the fighting spirit displayed by Albions boys. But despite the fine fighting display Albion lost 2-1 to the 1st division side as Rickards scored for the Rovers.

League vs Peterhead

Hard fuaght battle at home for Albion Rovers, and at half time Albion were 2-0 up through McManus and Stirling but Abraham went of his head as Peterhead were aloud to score twice in the second half to draw level.

League vs Cowdenbeath

This was the biggest disapointment of the session. Although McAllister scored Albions goal to end the game in a draw Albions performance was pathetic and Cowdenbeath deserved to go home with all the points.

TurpsLogo.jpg

Wooooo Hooooo we finally got some games in and what a start the Loons have made, 3 game splayed 3 games won, and now top of the table!. Its early days but already the initial signs are good, as the team have started the season in good form and have growing confidence. Some players have moved on, mostly the reserve and surplus to requirement types. The squad has been streamlined with only 9 new faces so far. At least a dozen have left, with the club 70k richer, and a 40k transfer budget still to be spent before the the transfer window closes in a weeks time. The only signing of worth so far has been promising young u21 Iclandic striker Hjalmar Porarinsson for a deal totalling 26k. Big sales going in the other direction were David McClune and Scott Taylor to Annan for deals totalling £50k! Where some of the non-league teams are getting their money from , no onl ever knows, but offering your dross to the non league teams has been a good stradegy. A couple of loan signings were agreed. Ben Walshe a tricky left winger from QPR being the best, the other some keeper from ICT to cover Brown. The 3 opening games were on paper pretty difficult, heres how they went....

9.8.03 FORFAR 1 Arbroath 0 att 1594 m.o.m Tosh

1st game up and against new clan memeber and 'old' enemy PM7! This local derby against the hated Lichties proved to be a real combatic affair with both teams scrapping from the opening whistle. With not much betwenn the teams in the blustery conditions Paul Tosh grabbed the winner from a good Byers through ball and the 1st three points were recorded and the good start underway.

16.8.03 Alloa 1 FORFAR 3 att 1416 m.o.m Robbie Horn

Both the bookies division favourites locked horns in what was in theses early stages the nearest to a top of the table clash u could get. Forfar took an early lead through DC Robbie Horn. Alloa were always in the match and it took 2 good 2nd half strikes to seal the victory and more valuable points.

23.8.03 FORFAR 2 Hamilton 0 att 1543 m.o.m Byers

Shamilton had knocked out the Loon sin the Challenge Cup and revenge here at Station Park and 3 points in the bag would be a super consolation. Both teams scrapped away and created chances in an exciting match. Forfar's High Davidson and Steve Tosh were on target and made the difference leaving manager Watson gutted.

Gaffer Turps knows rival managers have strengthened also. The league will be tight and even with the good start a lot of games and hard work still have to be done. Who will emerge as title contenders only time will tell. All Managers have 1 more week before the transfer window closes to do some last minute deals. With Porhalsson agreeing to join in Novemeber and the £40 k to spend, any new signing could be critical to the Loons fortunes this season. Some offers are in for some descent LLm stars and experienced pro's. More news to follow hopefully in the next report....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr X:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Phoning a few agents, all I got was, All our our players have signed for Elgin.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah i noticed that i have a mole on the Montrose backroom staff. As soon as i put a bid in for a player the Elgin manager was in aswell icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We must have employed the same man, as i find that whenever i make a bid, the Elgin manager immediately counters it.

I tell you what, Ally's got an intelligence budget that rivals the CIA. icon_biggrin.gif

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Team Name Manager Pts in Month Total Points

1 Gretna Dreamteam Jim 44 351

2 Bods Battlers Steve McGuinness 36 350

3 It's All Fish Allan McIvor 60 330

4 Tractor Turps 40 317

5 Bayern Bru AFC Chris Nicol 32 271

6 Numpty Utd deano 18 258

7 Elgin Dream Team Simon Lynn 34 248

8 ST United Sandy Thomson 32 247

9 Dukebox Dummies Jeff Duke 29 241

10 Euro Elite x1 Gary Toner 26 224

11 Ranton park Peter Abraham 29 215

</pre>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rosco Van Nistelrooy:

Lol is coisty good @ anything apart from shaving his legs? icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye, giving you abuse.

Thats the first time I've even looked at that league thingy in pure ages. I think my side is doing a first class job of bottling it till we play Roonies side so that he never wins!!! icon_smile.gif

Aye Jim , after a few months of leading the league, youve finally caught me. That said, ill battle to the death to win this come seasons end.

Youve been flying for weeks , but its Allan McIvor i fear more than you. Hes romping it.

Alas , the tractor has lost its wheels and its direction. I fear the driver became distracted at some point and has given up trying to steer it to the top.

Well Monday night saw a mediocre performance from the Blues with one loss, one win and a draw.

Good news on the transfer front Dukebox was able to raise £4k to sign Swedish striker Djemba Traore, when asked how this money was raised Dukebox replied ‘ well I sacked the ground staff and hired the pitch oot tae the local farmer so he could graze his flock’

Peterhead 2 Cowdenbeath 1

This was a close game with Mark Perry and Paul Mann scoring for Peterhead and a debut goal for the Brazils Lee Potter, who has been showing a lot of promise in training.

Cowdenbeath 1 Queens Park 0

The first three points of the season for the blues with seasoned winger Ian Mauchlen scoring the only goal.

Albion Rovers 1 Cowdenbeath1

Heard of the saying we was robbed, well we were with Albion taking the lead through Kevin MacAllister the Brazils turned on the style and power and equalised through young promising winger Adam Burley,

Looking forward to tonight’s fest

dfc1.jpg

Goals from Emeka, Flannery and Mackie, sent all 3 points to the Sons in this opening game to the league season. Dumbarton were very rarely troubled in a one sided match, however it wasn't for poor finishing then this game could have hit double figures.

The Rock - Dumbarton 3 - 0 Alloa

Dumbarton travelled to Hamilton in hope that they could add another 3 points to the table after an excellent performace last week, however this week saw a very strong Hamilton side take the points, despite a brace from Chris Mackie.

New Douglas Park - Hamilton 4 - 2 Dumbarton

Defensive chaos cost Dumbarton dearly against Stenhousmuir, in a game that saw Stenny go up 3-0 in the first 9 minutes you could have been forgiven for thinking it was going to be total humilation for Dumbarton. However the lads faught back bravely and despite goals from Debutant Martin Cameron and Chris Mackie, if only they had more compusure in front of goal this game could have been levelled if not won.

The Rock - Dumbarton 2 - 3 Stenhousemuir

The arrival of Martin Cameron from Gretna gave us a boost up front, however inconsistent defending and at times lacklustre play has cost us valuable points this early in the season the lads will have to work on communication at the back and look to work harder to avoid getting into an early season slump.

hampden_external.jpg

Queens Park in unknown manager Shocker!

News come from Hampden today stating that former Queens park manager Coach Brannigan has been sensationally sacked for always being refered to as Coach Brannigan. The club moved swiftly to replace him with relevant unknown Simon Lynn who joins immiedietly with his Assistant Manager …….

Simon Lynn has already started with sweeping changes on and off the pitch, Many members of the backroom staff’s jobs look uncertain after new coaches and scouts were hired to “work alongside†the current team.

The squad has been radically shaken up too, many players have been transfer listed as Simon Lynn sets about cutting the overheads at the club with the highest ground maintenance outside of the SPL. Some players also come into the squad on year long deals to balance out the club while a few signings have been close to near “breathtaking†for a club the size of Queens Park.

Transfers in:

• Scott Marshall – Free – Scott bring his experience of playing for Arsenal and other clubs south of the border, sturdy defender.

• Paul McGregor-Free- Paul was once the golden boy of N.Forest and has played in the Premiership, He offers a lot to the team.

• Chris Ogboke-Free-Elgin- Chris is a young striker with pace and some potential, he will be given time to develop.

• Duncan George-P/Ex-Glenafton- Swap deal player in his last few seasons, rock solid defender who will help mould the youngsters.

• John Drummond-Free-A.Rovers- Def Mid who is young but with bags of potential.

• Mike Beattie-1K-Cove Rangers- Prolific Highland league striker who is a personal friend of the manager, can supply and score goals and not afraid to get stuck in.

• Nicky Hill-Free- Left back with great ability, the manager was surprised he had not already been picked up.

• Porarrin Brynjar Kristjansson-Bosman-Keflak- Oustanding striker who will score and score and score, major coup in signing this man he will make Queens a better side and is the first “Dream Team†signing by the manager.

Players out:

• Stephen Canning-2k-Gloucester City

• Chris Fisher-2k-Moor Green

• Ross Clark-P/Ex-Glenafton

Managers Aims

I would like to take the club all the way to the top of the SPL, it wont be easy but it can be done, This season we aim for a building of the squad and any place higher than 5th is a bonus. Enjoy the season fans.

StevieBodLogo.jpg

The Awesome Airdrie Experience

Its a rollercoaster as a fan of Airdrie United. Theres a lot of life in the place as high wage earners providing little to the club are squeezed out and in come untried youngsters with massive potential and genuine love for the club. Welcome to Session 2.

Morton 1 - 1 Airdrie

A trip to arguably the best team in the division (Keep yer hair on Turpie , i said Arguably) provided a stern test, and Airdrie's defensive counter attack was found out early , with Morton playing the ball around in their own half then flashing quick balls to the speedy centre forwards. A goal was inevitable, coming in 43 minutes and carving the Airdrie defence to pieces. McGuinness knew he had to do something, so he switched to a more attacking , direct formation , and in 76 minutes , Huckerby gunned it down the wing , and cut back into the box before delivering a perfect ball to Dave Dunn , running in late, who bulleted home. An away draw was arguably the best they could have hoped for.

As the window neared closure , bodies flew everywhere. In and out.

Players In

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Emilio Jaconelli(S C) - £12k - Queen of the South

<LI>Samuel Okikiolu (D C) - Free

Players Out

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Martin Glancy - £10k - Lancaster

<LI>Allan McManus - £10k - Caley Thistle

<LI>Scott Wilson - £7K - Berwick

Jaconelli was a capture that really excited the fans, and the manager. Quick , strong , and with a great finish , the wee kid from Lanark put a buzz about the place. The cup loomed , and ironically , against the wee mans former club. The Scottish Wayne Rooney. This kid would go onto MUCH greater things.

I hate Dumfries!

Scottish League Cup - 2nd Round

Airdrie United 2 - 1 Queen of the South

The scoreline flattered the Doonhamers , as Airdrie dominated from start to finish , passing well , closing down well , and finishing superbly. Only some superb goalkeeping kept the first half scoring to an absoloutely amazing David Dunn 35 yard free kick. In the second half , Derek Lyle threw himself to the ground theatrically , and amazingly won the penalty. Airdrie were furious as Burke stepped up and levelled , and this seemed to spur them on. However with time running out , a replay looked likely. Up step Goma Lambu. The left winger has had a bit of stick dished out for his inconsistent performances this season , but with 92:24 on the clock , a Huckerby corner found Lambu lurking at the near post , and the little winger nodded home the winner. Justice was done, and the Doonhamers were Hammered.

I hate Dumfries. And i enjoyed that game.

Airdrie 2 - 0 Berwick Rangers

They call him Jacko. Wacko Jacko. And on his debut , he moonwalked through the Berwick defence , danced his way towards goal, and touched the ball in ways thats probably illegal in a few states. Jaconelli makes his league debut against Berwick , and scored both goals , the second being the better one as the keeper ran out, flapped completely , and Jacko guided the ball home from 12 yards.

Arbroath 1 - 0 Airdrie United

I have no idea. Absoloutely NO idea how we lost this match. Airdrie battered the home team from start to finish , the wingers hitting the byeline time and again , and the midfield threading the ball at will. A counter attack and a terrible piece of defending allowed the winner , and some amazing goalkeeping , and a charmed piece of woodwork, kept the scoreline 1-0. The diamonds boss was enraged that his team hadnt won despite all their pressure, and kept the lads back for extra training. Especially the strikers ........

Scottish League Cup - 3rd Round

Cowdenbeath 1 - 3 Airdrie United

Welcome to Central Park. Welcome to the Scott Huckerby show.

For 90 minutes , Hucks ran around the park showing a clean pair of heels to anyone who came near him. His ball to Jaconelli in 17 minutes was then slotted through a static defence to Dave Dunn , who finished clinically. Then on 32 minutes , a Huckerby corner was met at the far post by Brett Freeman, and it was 2. A long range Joe Gold effort gave the fifers hope , but on 49 minutes , an inswinging corner was headed out as far as Alan Gow. Gow nodded onto Hucks , and he was away , from inside his own half , unmarked and uncatchable , for a memorable 3rd goal and a man of the match performance. Hopefully a big payday awaits the Diamonds in the 4th round, where unfortunately they wont be joined by Kilmarnock (2-0 Victims of 3rd Division dream team Montrose) or Partick Thistle (2-0 victims , at Firhill , of the in-form , indestructible Loons) , Aberdeen (Victims of the Manageress and her Accies wondeboys) and Hibs , who fell prey to the Ferret and his army of trouser-ticklers at Easter Road on penalties!

The SPL holds no fear for Clan managers. The top teams falling like skittles. The draw for the 3rd round brings Hearts to New Broomfield, and Airdrie must fancy their chances in that one.

Forfar, unbelievably , manage to draw Celtic away , again. Is there an EDT file which has to be retained which says EDT_Retain_Spawny_Cup_Draws_For_Turps. £450k winging its way to Station Park.

So , a decent enough session. In the league we were poor, but in the cups we look quite good, and the run to the last 16 has boosted the coffers by a good £40k. The bank are happy, the fans are pleased with Jaconelli , Huckerby and Lambu, and if we can shore up the leaky defence , the midfield and strikers will do us proud.

Meantime , Forfar have agreed a deal for £35k for star wingback Willie Wilson. Hopefully this deal will allow McGuinness some extra cash to splash on new players as their rebuilding continues.

(In reality, im just waiting to see what excuse Rosco comes up with for cancelling the deal at the last minute).

arbroath.JPG

Lets face it, this team is utterly crap, and there was very little chance that it was going to get any better. We lack any real skill, and the only way we are going to achieve anything, is to roll up our sleeves, and get stuck right in. Anything less, and we'll be laughed at.

The start to the season hasn't been great, and to be brutally honest, I couldn't see where the hell it was going to pick up. We were rooted to the bottom, and there was no-way we could get off there, cos we're crap. Utterly and hopelessly crap. So it was quite delightful to see Kevin Struthers bang in a brace at home to Berwick, as we pulled of an excellent and well deserved 2-0, and we could breath a sigh of relief. We had finally won a game.

In the League Cup away to Motherwell, we battled hard, and more than matched our more illustrious opponents for effort. But two fluke 50 yard strikes cost our deserved moment of glory as we went down 2-0 and we could only dream of what might have been.

Away again at Hamilton, and once more we would have to roll up our sleeves against one of the best sides in the Division. We didn't play overly badly, but the truth is we were massively outplayed, and created very little of note and the end of the day we were happy to come away having only lost 2-0.

At home to Scúm United, and our battling qualities came to the fore as the defence stood firm, and a wonderful goal from Durno on 35 minutes saw us grab three more precious, and very much deserved, points, as we move up to eigth in the table, leaving a very frustrated Scúm manager, as the fans sang, 'It's You Bod' in the rain.

There's a long way to go, but the commitment of this bunch of total misfits can't be faulted, and if we are 8th come the end of the season, I'll be more than happy.

Manager Burnett was unavailable for comment following East Stirlingshires's lge match away to Cowdenbeath, we suspect the 5-0 scoreline contributed to his silence.

Four days later 'The Shire' were on lge cup duty and as fate would have it they returned to face Cowdenbeath.

"We are ready for them this time." Burnett remarked as he stepped down from the team bus.

The 5-0 loss left Burnett's vocal chords damaged and he inflicted massive structural damage to the stadium with meaningless violent outburst's.

"It was like a 1st world war nightmare," remarked Burnett "I stood there watching my troops mindlessly advance against the enemy guns and get mowed down..mercilessly, they were stunned, concussed and without direction, most of these goals could have been prevented, but too many people are standing ball watching and that just cant be allowed, there are people out on that field wearing 'Shire' jersey's acting like spectators, they need to get involved..and quick."

Another match day, another bus journey this time to Gretna.

"Whats the plan this week Mr Burnett?"

"Not to lose."

The 'Shire' gave up possession and concentrated on holding their back strong, and this paid dividends. In the dying seconds, on loan young starlet Paliczka made a strong tackle on a Gretna defender, came away with the ball and found himself with nothing between him and the Gretna goal, he bore down on the keeper and took a fierce shot, the net billowed, leaving the Gretna defenders and supporters stunned.

"Im very happy to take 1 point from any match but 3pts is just fantastic." beamed a joyous Burnett

Home at last and Elgin, which have caused some controversy with their mass recruitment policy came to Firs park.

"I really didnt know what to expect before this match," said Burnett "They have brought in so many players its difficult to know who you will face and plan accordingly, so I decided to give them the ball and let them show me what they could do with it. had a wee word with the lads just before the end and you saw what a lovely goal we got in the 85min...I dont care if they come in the 1st minute or the 91st minute I'll take goals anytime."

The 'Shire' recorded their second straight win and bagged another 3pts moving them up to 6th spot.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

At home to Scúm United, and our battling qualities came to the fore as the defence stood firm, and a wonderful goal from Durno on 35 minutes saw us grab three more precious, and very much deserved, points, as we move up to eigth in the table, leaving a very frustrated Scúm manager, as the fans sang, 'It's You Bod' in the rain.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are SOOOOOOOOOOO going down when you come to Broomfield icon_biggrin.gif.

And why would they be singing "Its You Bod" anyway. Clearly with his away draw to Celtic in the 3rd round of the League Cup, it was Turpie who won the lottery icon_smile.gif

The Red Lichties are no match for the Airdrie Army. I hope those troops of yours have got their sleeves rolled up well and truly , since not even a 9-1-0 formation is going to save you from the hammering youre going to take.

TurpsLogo.jpg

To Shave or not to Shave? thats is the question!!!!

Homosexual chit chat, gay gangster fantasy's and Kentucky Fried road carnage, have failed to thwart the Loons on their relentless charge at the top of the 2nd division. The Loons this season under gaffer Turps, have started the campaign very well, and have re-itterated their position as challengers for the title , even in these early stages. The small compact squad has been streamlined, and adapted to the new system and playing style superbly. The astonishingly brilliant unbeaten run looks set to continue as the other so called 'rival' teams, as a whole failed to impress. Much has been said about who is gonna win this and that, but the Loons have confidently played most the rival clubs and have rarely been tested. The league Cup campaign has also been a massive success, with at least 1 SPL scalp in the bag already! A justified reward awaited, as a 3rd round money spinning tie away to Celtic would generate at least £450k and send the club well into the black, securing the clubs finances for the rest of the season. With £40k left still to be spent in the transfer market...life is good at Station Park...life is good....Hers how the last sess games went!

30.8.03 Stenhousemuir 0 FORFAR 0 att1551 m.o.m Alan Rattray

On paper a difficult fixture with Deano's Stenny one of the Loons main rival's for promotion this season. Terrible finishing from the home side enabled a hard fought point to be recorded in what was our most difficult game to date.

13.9.03 FORFAR 3 East Fife 1 att.1561 m.o.m Barry Sellars

Rampant Forfar were on fire as they thrashed the Fifers bigtime at Station Park. An early Paul Tosh penalty eased any home nerves and allowed the team to relax and play against luckless East Fife. Defender David Lowing and out of favour MC Barry Sellars staked a claim with 2 excellent strikes from close range to compell the visitor's misery.

20.9.03 Morton 1 FORFAR 1 att.1526 m.o.m David Lowing

The Divisions biggest Club Ton were given a right fight when Forfar visited Crappielow with young Iclandic starlet Hjalmer Porarinsson cancelling out Aussie John Maisano's 1st half strike. A share of the point was probably fair and gaffer Turps was happy with the draw and to continue the unbeaten run.

24.9.03 Partick Thistle 0 FORFAR 2 (League Cup 2nd Rnd) att.2024 m.o.m Kevin Byers.

2 first half goals in a five minute double salvo saw Kevin Byers and Paul Shields sting the Jags for a superb away SPL victory. gaffer Turps was delighted with the performance and the team was rewarded with a deserved 3rd Rnd tie away to Celtic at the piggery!

icon_smile.gifBRING ON THE TAIGS!!!! icon_smile.gif

Gif.gif

Albion Rovers H 4-0 icon_biggrin.gif

Manager Robertson was pleased to get his first win under his belt, and what a win with 4 goals. Stewart Devine was simply a commanding force in midfield and scored 2 fantastic goals but the MOM goes to Scott Mclean simply 10/10 and he scored as well. Sub Napoli scored the fourth to leave Albion dead in the water.

Scott Mclean won Third Division player of the Month award and justly so in manager Robertson eye. I real player for the future at the Club.

Montrose A (Cup) 3-1 icon_rolleyes.gif

A disappointing game in which the Binos went 2-0 behind before clawing back a goal and getting a grip in the game. Unfortunately we gave away a penalty and Manager Robertson was left cursing his defence. Elliot did score for us and we expect good things from him. Montrose deserved their win with Albions defence left wanting.

Cowden H 5-0 icon_biggrin.gif

The Albion fans were left cheering Barry Elliot (M.O.M) name as his display with his hat trick was inspired. Wilson our wing wizard was in dazzling form to take a goal himself and provided a few assists. McNally came off the bench to claim a great goal to kill the Visiting side. A great game with some nice skill and full points.

Stranraer A 2-1 icon_frown.gif

A game in which Stirling were sleeping for the first half, Both Hill and Scotland were woeful in defence and let slack play lead to goals for the other side. Manager Robertson was see looking to the heavens and asking why him. A solo effort by Devine see Stirling spring to life second half but the sending off of Pretswell kill any chance we had the player has been warned for his conduct and suspended.

Binos Banter

Reports just in indicated by the Stranraer Tea lady suggest Manager Robertson mysteriously broke three cups and oddly there seemed some moping up in the dressing room were Young Scotland and Hill had been sitting. Pretswell was also seen looking a bit dishevelled as he left the ground as if his club tie had been pulled round his neck! Manager Robertson denied any incident with his players and only commented that it was just a shame the tea had not been warmer. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rosco Van Nistelrooy:

Oh I forgot to say that gaffer Turps won the manager of the month award for August...Get it right up yez icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But Airdrie winger Scott Huckerby picked up Player of the Month, and i believe Hamilton got the Young Player of the month. So something must be right in the ranks of the Diamonds.

How many awards did you win PM?

How did you get on in the cup PM?

icon_biggrin.gif

(This thread hasnt seen Childish Displays like this since the days of Ricardo Thomson and his legendary teams. KUTGW Stu)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>(This thread hasnt seen Childish Displays like this since the days of Ricardo Thomson and his legendary teams. KUTGW Stu) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know all about childish behaviour dont ya icon_razz.gif

PS: 1-0.

SCOTTISH 2nd DIVISION LATEST STANDINGS!

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | Turps | Forfar | | 6 | 4 | 2 | 0 | 10 | 3 | +7 | 14 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | Deano | Stenhousemuir | | 6 | 4 | 1 | 1 | 10 | 7 | +3 | 13 |

| 3rd | Tracy | Hamilton | | 6 | 3 | 1 | 2 | 10 | 8 | +2 | 10 |

| 4th | Gaz | Dumbarton | | 6 | 3 | 0 | 3 | 13 | 8 | +5 | 9 |

| 5th | Bod | Airdrie Utd | | 6 | 2 | 2 | 2 | 9 | 7 | +2 | 8 |

| 6th | Iain | Berwick | | 6 | 2 | 2 | 2 | 6 | 5 | +1 | 8 |

| 7th | | Morton | | 6 | 1 | 4 | 1 | 4 | 6 | -2 | 7 |

| 8th | PM7 | Arbroath | | 6 | 2 | 1 | 3 | 4 | 7 | -3 | 7 |

| 9th | | East Fife | | 6 | 1 | 1 | 4 | 5 | 13 | -8 | 4 |

| 10th | | Alloa | | 6 | 1 | 0 | 5 | 6 | 13 | -7 | 3 |

</pre>

SCOTTISH 3rd DIVISION LATEST STANDINGS!

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| 1st | Chris | Stranraer | | 6 | 4 | 1 | 1 | 14 | 5 | +9 | 13 |

| 2nd | Dogs | Montrose | | 6 | 3 | 3 | 0 | 16 | 4 | +12 | 12 |

| 3rd | Jeff | Cowdenbeath | | 6 | 3 | 1 | 2 | 11 | 9 | +2 | 10 |

| 4th | Ghod | Peterhead | | 6 | 2 | 3 | 1 | 8 | 9 | -1 | 9 |

| 5th | Sav | Stirling | | 6 | 2 | 2 | 2 | 14 | 7 | +7 | 8 |

| 6th | Tam | East Stirling | | 6 | 2 | 1 | 3 | 5 | 14 | -9 | 7 |

| 7th | Sy | Queens Park | | 6 | 2 | 0 | 4 | 8 | 8 | 0 | 6 |

| 8th | | Gretna | | 6 | 1 | 3 | 2 | 6 | 8 | -2 | 6 |

| 9th | Ally | Elgin | | 6 | 2 | 0 | 4 | 6 | 12 | -6 | 6 |

| 10th | Coist!| Albion Rovers | | 6 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 16 | -12 | 5 |

</pre>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>(This thread hasnt seen Childish Displays like this since the days of Ricardo Thomson and his legendary teams. KUTGW Stu) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

PS: 1-0.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*waves from above*

hows the relegation battle going down there in the bottom half of the table PM?

icon_razz.gif

Who the fudge are hibees? who the fudge are hibees? icon_razz.gif

Will post my report after next session cos i didnt get a chance to get my results after being punted oot the game by Bobby Williamson.

Spiderz on the move! 7th and climbing

Jim they need you back in the helm quick or you’ll be playing me next season after the usual jammy crew get promoted. icon_wink.gif

Also I writing to the game developers to ask were in hell in the game is that give me an old firm cup tie button that Ross seems to find, I know its in there somewhere icon_eek.gif . If an old firm cup tie was a single malt whisky Turps would be ****ed by now. If he gets past the Tic and gets the Gers next round I’ll get my coat.

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sav112:

Jim they need you back in the helm quick or you’ll be playing me next season after the usual jammy crew get promoted. icon_wink.gif

Also I writing to the game developers to ask were in hell in the game is that give me an old firm cup tie button that Ross seems to find, I know its in there somewhere icon_eek.gif . If an old firm cup tie was a single malt whisky Turps would be ****ed by now. If he gets past the Tic and gets the Gers next round I’ll get my coat.

icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its alright though , only Taloola will have to deal with him next season when hes given that cash to spend, as shes going up in 2nd icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

PS: 1-0.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*waves from above*

hows the relegation battle going down there in the bottom half of the table PM?

icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFL @ gpg stevie, ur only 1 point ahead of the 'bald eagle' Bod! So much for yer 26 times practicing the 1st season in single mode! Yer drappin faster than a hoorz nickerz sort it out you idiot icon_biggrin.gif

ROFL @ gpg stevie, ur only 1 point ahead of the 'bald eagle' Bod! So much for yer 26 times practicing the 1st season in single mode! Yer drappin faster than a hoorz nickerz sort it out you idiot icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I ran it 26 times and Airdrie went down 19 times. Forfar funnily enough won the league or came 2nd almost every time.

Ill be there or thereabouts Rosco. Just you keep GPG'ing yer scandanavians. Mibbe build them some Igloo's to make them feel at home.icon_biggrin.gif

dfc1.jpg

The recent signing of Martin Cameron has gave new life to Dumbarton he is a man who inspires confidence in his team mates and a man who leads the line so well and as a result the Dumbarton performances of late have improved ten fold, performaces that see us sit in the top half of the league and in the 3rd round of the league cup where we face an anxious tie against Dundee.

The demolition of Raith was a game that saw nearly everything go right for us well except some defensive mishaps from most notably Neil Collins who in turn was dropped, even though this seems a drastic measure i have faith in his abilty that he will learn from the experince and prove to be a influential player over the course of the season.

Another inconsistent performer is Nigerian winger Emeka, despite having the abilty to turn games he at times looks lack lustre in his approach to games, reminds me of a certain Mr Capucho in that respect but the players know whats at stake and i hope that in the forth coming session the players start performing to the best of their abilities and not some half hearted attempts.

Results

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

New Bayview - East Fife 0 - 3 Dumbarton

Cameron 17,42

Mackie 30

LeagueCup - The Rock - Dumbarton 6 - 2 Raith

Cameron 8,53,75,90 Sutton 33,50

Flannery 32,75

The Rock - Dumbarton 3 - 0 Morton

Emeka 30,90

Cameron 90

Shielfield - Berwick 1 - 0 Dumbarton

Neil 22

LeagueCup 2nd - Raydale - Grenta 1 - 2 Dumbarton

Galloway47 Flannery 35

Juliusson 109

</pre>

icon_razz.gif And so like lazarus from the grave, I return frae New York to find not much changes in the real world...Celtic still unbeaten, Rangers still...ahem...Rangers. But back in Champo Land Peterhead have flourished without me!! 1st Thing im doing is sacking that assistant manager (just in case the board have any bright ideas). So only one of you peons managed to take full advantage of my disappearing act to NYC. Well now Im back and hoping to maintain the good start to the season. See you all online tomorrow....can hardly wait to get stuck into it....nothing beats a game of champo...except seeing the empire state building, statue of liberty...oh and sex!! Catch Ya!

Archived