[FM19] Japanese Football Pyramid

16 hours ago, td_1985 said:

As promised, here is my Japanese facepack, containing 1000 cut-outs

JAPANESE FACEPACK

Everybody who has other or better cut-outs, please share them.

@Fox I you want, feel free to add this to your opening post, so people can download the facepack directly.

For some strange reason my game generates different ID's every new game. So the new faces are all over the place for me.

I even tried to disable all other files I had and just activated the 2 Japanese files, same thing. I have no clue what is interfering with the ID's being totally random for the Japanese players.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, WillGLFC said:

Do you have use fake players ticked when starting a game perhaps?

No, I double checked it. Apparently I had 1 file still enabled besides the Japanese one, it was a file adding 1 wonderkid. That's it.

The editor is really sensitive about files and compatibility, just 1 file screws up the whole ID business. So that's annoying... I have to choose between a lot of essential files or none of them and having 1000 Japanese faces.

25 minutes ago, CrowBar said:

No, I double checked it. Apparently I had 1 file still enabled besides the Japanese one, it was a file adding 1 wonderkid. That's it.

The editor is really sensitive about files and compatibility, just 1 file screws up the whole ID business. So that's annoying... I have to choose between a lot of essential files or none of them and having 1000 Japanese faces.

Does the facepack work for other people?

Because I haven't got this issue...

53 minutes ago, CrowBar said:

While the players in the official database have a constant and unchanged Unique ID which is the same across all save games (and hence why graphics for these items work across different setups), the unique ID assigned to new entries in save games is not fixed but depends on the number of new entries in whichever editor data files the user has in place. The game assigns UIDs by alphabetical order of the file they are included in, which is what causes this issue with graphics for custom files since the creator of both the custom editor data file and the graphic item (in this case the facepack) have no way of knowing what other editor data files are included in the folder of whoever downloaded it...

Basically, let's assume you only have an editor data file titled new players.dbc which adds players A and B. In the editor, they are automatically assigned UIDs 1394660001 and 1394660002 respectively in the editor (I don't know exactly the number where custom UIDs start, so let's assume these are it for the sake of the argument) . When a facepack for this file is released, it can assign the respective UIDs to the respective player, and the game will display the right image if it is the only file in the editor data folder.

However, if you add an editor data file titled best wonderkids.dbc which adds players C and D, the editor will also assign them UIDs 1394660001 and 1394660002. What happens when you start a new game is that it first reads this file first, then new players.dbc. Any duplicate UIDs will then be re-assigned chronologically.

What will then happen in your save game is that UIDs will be assigned as follows:

player C (from best wonderkids.dbc) -> UID 1394660001

player D (from best wonderkids.dbc) -> UID 1394660002

player A (from new players.dbc) -> UID 1394660003

player B (from new players.dbc) -> UID 1394660004

However, the facepack for new players.dbc was working under the assumption that player A has the 1394660001 UID and player B has the 1394660002 UID. Since this UID numeration was thrown out of wack by the inclusion of another editor data file, the game will display the picture of player A in the profile of player C and the picture of player B in the profile of player D.

One way to work around this, is to rename new players.dbc to be alphabetically superior to best wonderkids.dbc, (maybe a_new players.dbc, for example) so that the game reads the former before the latter and therefore retains the former's UIDs.

In the case of this download, renaming both files to have 00_ before the filename may help to ensure that the facepack for this file works as intended.

Sorry for the long-winded explanation, but I hope I've explained why graphics for custom files cannot be guaranteed to work in the same way that graphics for items in the default database will...

22 hours ago, td_1985 said:

Does the facepack work for other people?

Because I haven't got this issue...

Yeah, works fine. The 00_ trick did it for me. So far I have been spending more time editing, tweaking and modding than actually getting to play a game though. This happens every year...

On 20/11/2018 at 08:36, kizz360 said:

Due to the licensing issues with the JFA, SI have hardcoded a block on certain panels for Japanese teams. Foss has said the only way around this is to create Japan as a new nation which then a breaks few things 

You'll need to install a namefix to change the team names and fix the Japanese national team having newgens https://www.fmscout.com/a-fm19-real-names-license-fix.html

Managed to get it working using this fix - https://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/43990/fm2019-real-names-and-german-national-team-fix

Also theres stil the issue that none of the teams have overview page... when you click on a club, it takes you straight to the sqaud.. Is this a bug?

7 hours ago, rangersbb5 said:

Managed to get it working using this fix - https://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/43990/fm2019-real-names-and-german-national-team-fix

Also theres stil the issue that none of the teams have overview page... when you click on a club, it takes you straight to the sqaud.. Is this a bug?

It's a hard-coded licensing restriction; nothing Foss or anybody can do about that...

On 20/11/2018 at 17:36, kizz360 said:

Due to the licensing issues with the JFA, SI have hardcoded a block on certain panels for Japanese teams. Foss has said the only way around this is to create Japan as a new nation which then a breaks few things 

You'll need to install a namefix to change the team names and fix the Japanese national team having newgens https://www.fmscout.com/a-fm19-real-names-license-fix.html

Once before, one of Japanese FM player uploaded a custom skin for FM15. Somehow the skin could display the club overview panel for all of Japanese teams. 

He posted also "Just add some cords to the skin XML to make it possible". Does anyone have any ideas?? The skin already deleted when I found.

This looks awesome! 

Out of interest would it be possible to create a College/university league that you can manage in? 

An example would be,

2 tiers of college football 

Can only have players of a max age of 20

Cannot sign a players that are older than 20. 

Youth Facilities are very good. 

You can't get promoted into the pro leagues as the college leagues are separate.

Really want to play this in America but its hard to find 

Thank you for the great work. But i failed to download it. The following error page pops out after clicking the japan.zip... Am I the only one who got this problem?? 
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below. I have already tried to download in IE, Firefox, Chrome, but the same error occurs. Please help me:( 
Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Request has expired</Message>
<X-Amz-Expires>1200</X-Amz-Expires>
<Expires>2018-11-27T21:24:31Z</Expires>
<ServerTime>2018-11-28T13:20:12Z</ServerTime>
<RequestId>21B4216C06CAC017</RequestId>
<HostId>
soAw3rOq64stbuI/bjOc2TGT8TnBCDkQuqkZiF22C8YuLBY5dKmbyOA7/cwrwpIjVuNrRUltqKk=
</HostId>
</Error>

On 25/11/2018 at 21:02, actic said:

Once before, one of Japanese FM player uploaded a custom skin for FM15. Somehow the skin could display the club overview panel for all of Japanese teams. 

He posted also "Just add some cords to the skin XML to make it possible". Does anyone have any ideas?? The skin already deleted when I found.

I have it working in my skin @Foss @Mons @kizz360

20181129141612_1.jpg

57 minutes ago, deivis10 said:

Hello
Which skin is it? How have you gotten it to appear?

Aside from a question for everyone, it's about the file for Japan's FM18, how can I make the FM18 Japan file not take so long to load at startup?

Wannachup Skin, not released for this year yet. I'll be messaging the author's of a few other skins though and sending them what they need to include it their skins.

21 minutes ago, wannachupbrew said:

Wannachup Skin, not released for this year yet. I'll be messaging the author's of a few other skins though and sending them what they need to include it their skins.

This is a game changer for me, think I'll hold out on starting a new save now until this is released and I can finally have the proper Japanese save I've been wanting for years. Any idea on the timeframe?

@FossWhen I try to download the zip it gives a xml error page 

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Request has expired</Message>
<X-Amz-Expires>1200</X-Amz-Expires>
<Expires>2018-11-29T12:59:25Z</Expires>
<ServerTime>2018-11-29T16:00:10Z</ServerTime>
<RequestId>9F9D2BE333AC237D</RequestId>
<HostId>
1QXK6JhJmcSH3KiZQy7ByvWszrCW1HXWU+oCKTfdFBEXE4gemi3Yt/PLGG/EjyJa0wPYs7NxPtg=
</HostId>
</Error>

3 hours ago, wannachupbrew said:

Thank you so much. You are the best.

4 hours ago, elang said:

in my database there is two iniesta in vissel kobe maybe because i am using the wonderkid and fmtu database?

Yes most likely, the easiest way to fix this and still use both is to go into the editor, load up this db and delete the iniesta. 

Also check Podolski and Torres, lots of databases add those two aswell.

1 hora atrás, CrowBar disse:

What's the consensus about this one? https://community.sigames.com/topic/461163-fm19-japan-league-level6-pyramid/

Apparently made in the Japanese community.

It's better in my opinion. A lot of players missing in this DB, are in the above mentioned DB, made by the japanese community. And the competitions rules (youth competitions, for example), are more realistic.

10 horas atrás, paconaifas disse:

It's better in my opinion. A lot of players missing in this DB, are in the above mentioned DB, made by the japanese community. And the competitions rules (youth competitions, for example), are more realistic.

Foss one has an facepack tho, which is a big plus for me, i prefer to wait for his update.

2 horas atrás, lucasnake disse:

Foss one has an facepack tho, which is a big plus for me, i prefer to wait for his update.

I don't use facepacks, so for me, it's not a big deal. I prefer to have a real good DB, and in my opinion, the one made by the japanese community, is better. I wanted to start a save with a really good japanese DB, and Foss was really taking too long to update his DB.

8 hours ago, paconaifas said:

I don't use facepacks, so for me, it's not a big deal. I prefer to have a real good DB, and in my opinion, the one made by the japanese community, is better. I wanted to start a save with a really good japanese DB, and Foss was really taking too long to update his DB.

I'd recommend you take a look at how detailed the players (or staff, for that matter) are between the two. Otherwise you can hop off this thread to spout baseless nonsense elsewhere.

5 horas atrás, Foss disse:

I'd recommend you take a look at how detailed the players (or staff, for that matter) are between the two. Otherwise you can hop off this thread to spout baseless nonsense elsewhere.

What about the missing players, and the  duplicated players in your DB? What's the lack of details in the other DB that you mention, by the way? If you can't take a simple opinion, that's your problem. No DB is perfect, not even SI's DB. In my opinion the japanese community DB is better. Maybe if you corrected and updated you DB, instead of attacking people in this thread, it would be better.

1 hour ago, paconaifas said:

What about the missing players, and the  duplicated players in your DB? What's the lack of details in the other DB that you mention, by the way? If you can't take a simple opinion, that's your problem. No DB is perfect, not even SI's DB. In my opinion the japanese community DB is better. Maybe if you corrected and updated you DB, instead of attacking people in this thread, it would be better.

First of all, you aren't entitled to anything in this thread. If you want to come and discredit my work then I'd expect you'd at least make an effort to back your claims somehow.
But seeing as you've not even bothered with anything else than whataboutism, I've decided to humor you. I took a look at the first file in the download you've endorsed.

I'll use some high profile players as examples since they should be easiest in terms of research to get reasonably correct. 

Case 1: Eduardo (Kawasaki Frontale):

c6139adce9c239bf3309a9e08a1c02d9.png22f83f6d43f4210e5df2698d94f73c0e.png

Set attributes amount to a recommended current ability value of 85, no weak foot rating given which means it's randomized on game start. Positioning has been rated 4, which is an outrageously low rating for a centre back at this level even if they were positionally suspect.

Case 2:  Gen Shoji (Kashima Antlers) and Kengo Nakamura (Kawasaki Frontale)

ffbf183e1c71fd152adc4d2835834df5.png2abf079ccba59fa6dbf4d86436d56d96.png

Nakamura is one of the finest technicians and playmakers in the league, while Shoji is an excellent stopper-type defender with an okay pass and forgettable ability on the ball. Still, the attribute balance inside the league in this file considers Shoji to have a narrowly better natural technique than Nakamura, when the difference should be considerably in Nakamura's advantage. This is not to say there are no centre backs with great ability on the ball, they are especially prevalent in today's game, but Shoji is no ball-playing defender while Nakamura among in the ten best J.League players in terms of technique.

Case 3: Takuji Yonemoto (FC Tokyo)

a036bffa5034382de198ac4a07ab291e.pngd2e691f3e48b654b97beffe46b9c2496.png

Yonemoto is a player with excellent ball-winning ability and reading of the game. This player type would be aptly represented with high aggression, anticipation, tackling and work rate attributes but here it seems he's been turned into something of a box-to-box midfielder who slightly prefers to stand off instead of getting involved.

Case 4: Masato Morishige (FC Tokyo)

793c7e29395e791e23880be2cd7e0977.png0d644458a538950363ec4205756bd953.png

Morishige is one of the most complete defenders in J.League and very positionally sound, yet these attributes present him as something akin to an offensive-oriented full back. Apparently his height and weight are also some way off the real figures.

Case 5: Shusaku Nishikawa

41e2473faef635830917ec142d08e3c4.png

No physical attributes entered here for a national team goalkeeper and long-time J1 regular.

I do not mean to put down anyone else's work but the aforementioned examples are objective (and, at times, grave) errors concerning single attributes, attribute balance or representing player types which to my mind do not endorse a very high level of detail. It is understandable as files like these are worked on authors' free time, but considering I've poured two years into this project focusing on the quality of research I can confidently say my work does not contain comparable inaccuracies and as such cannot idly stand by as someone has the gall to dismiss my work with baseless accusations. And if you spent more time reading yourself, you'd have realized that the second post in this thread mentions that the file is not a stable release and that naturally includes caveats such as duplicates or missing players as a result of the importing process from the previous year's version.

Well said, @Foss. The sense of entitlement by the vocal idiot minority these days is absolutely staggering, and not only for voluntary community projects. Good things take time and are worth waiting for, but some people don't care for accuracy but only to have the file now. Of course, they're the first ones to complain if rushed out releases don't work as intended :rolleyes:

Keep up the good work - and hope we see an updated file soon :applause:

On 03/12/2018 at 07:02, user111 said:

The foreign player registration limit is not working. The clubs are signing a **** ton of fps that literally filled the whole squad

+1, second season 15+ foreginers in every j league club, many of them don't play (j league rules), clubs just sign them 

Everything else looking great :)

On 10/12/2018 at 04:04, ernest0049 said:

+1, second season 15+ foreginers in every j league club, many of them don't play (j league rules), clubs just sign them 

Everything else looking great :)

Prior to Foss' release, I used another Japanese database and the exact same thing happened. Dont think its the database problem, perhaps its the game itself?

6 hours ago, oblongata21 said:

Prior to Foss' release, I used another Japanese database and the exact same thing happened. Dont think its the database problem, perhaps its the game itself?

Don't know, possible, lets wait for the update from foss, hope it will help and solve this issue!

On 08/12/2018 at 11:50, paconaifas said:

I wonder what knowledge you have to say what a really good DB is. The thing is the DB you use is great on having many players, but still there is a problem, the CA and PA levels are way to high for the rest of the DB, making Japan as a Nation and the Japanese league much better than what it is IRL. The DB is made of people who don't have the knowledge of the Balance in CA and PA compared to the official DB. Foss on the other hand is a researcher that knows this and therefor his DB won't make Japan unbalanced to the rest of the DB. In that way Foss DB is a really good Japanese DB, the other one isn't bad, but it's unbalanced.

On 07/12/2018 at 19:29, CrowBar said:

What's the consensus about this one? https://community.sigames.com/topic/461163-fm19-japan-league-level6-pyramid/

Apparently made in the Japanese community.

Personally, it seems great but I don't like that you either have to have player names in Japanese or no real players at all. So for that reason, I am going to say that Foss' output is much better.

Archived