Official FMELClan Team Report Thread [*Established Clan*]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope is high at Bramal Lane

The good run of results continues as we march into the final third of the season, its the 14th of January and the Blades still sit at the 4th position with a 4 points gap from autopromotion. Its been a good season so far and everybody at Sheffield is getting more and more convinced in the chance of moving up to the Premiership.

Results :

Walsal - Sheff Utd 0-1 (Dosek 71')

Sheff Utd - Sheff Wed 2-0 (Sousa 13' Dosek 77')

(LC) Man Utd - Sheff Utd FT 1-1 Pens 4-1 (van nistelrooy 16' Nowacki 27 pen)

Preston - Sheff Utd 0-2 (Taralidis 37' Sestak 78')

Sheff Utd - Reading 0-1 (Cipot 80')

Everton - Sheff Utd 1-1 (Sestak 11' Taralidis og 64')

Cardiff - Sheff Utd 0-0

Sheff Utd - Nottm Forest 1-1 (Cullip pen 64' Fisher 77')

Sheff Utd - Man City 0-0

QPR - Sheff Utd 0-0

Sheff - Utd - Watford 1-0 (Gasbarroni 28')

Wolves - Sheff Utd 0-3 (Sebo 17' Sestak 21' 67')

Sheff Utd - Hull 0-0

Wigan - Sheff Utd 2-2 (Vieira 16' Dosek 44' Pezzarossi 85' Taralidis 87')

Sheff Utd - Blackpool 2-0 (Sebo 23' Taralidis 55')

(FA) Sheff Utd - Blackburn 2-1 (Dosek 26' Sestak 67' Ono 89')

Swindon - Sheff Utd 0-2 (Dosek 51' Madej 82')

Sheff Utd - Millwall 1-1 (Dosek 19' Boutahar 28')

A record of 8 wins, 9 draws and 1 loss in the last 3 sessions is satisfying but we need to draw less if we want to secure promotion. Our roster is somewhat complete but some strenghtening would come very handy at this point. Mid-season transfers planning is already done, we just need to do some sorting on the best choices and wait to see who is willing to join our roster...some work permits would be great as well since we have had NONE so far

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Auspex:

some work permits would be great as well since we have had NONE so far </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why not just buy english players they aint all crap you know icon_smile.gif

Fans are confident Everton manager Lee Owens can give them promotion

Currently sitting just out of the playoff's at the beginning of last wednesdays session after a sucession of good results one after the other things were looking pretty good as we approached the 3rd quarter of the season.

With all my players in form and carrying on with that good form this session we were looking like a team that no one would want to mess with at the moment.

The session kicked off with a game against saeed's Millwall and for the first time in a while we got outplayed and were lucky to grab a point out of it. The first half saeed's millwall were all over us and scored the first goal to go into the lead.

The 2nd half was a much better one for us as we had a couple more chances and a few minutes after kick off james beattie scored for us. Nothing else really happened and the rest of the time was just played out it ended 1-1.

Next up we had to face another human's side this time mikes ipswich.

With mikes ipswich in 7th and my Everton side in 8th at the time this was the perfect opportunity to go above them and mount a serious challenge on getting into the playoff's.

The game was one sided really with my team getting the majority of the possession and after having a goal disallowed early on beattie grabbed the first goal. Then in the 28th minute a superb freekick was took by paul freier and the keeper couldnt do anything about it which put us in the driving seat.

As half time came it was 2-0 and i felt i didnt really need to make any changes. The 2nd half kicked off and osman grabbed a 3rd goal.

To finish it off cahill grabbed a 4th on the 66th minutes which must of dented mikes players morale just a little bit.

I surely didnt expect to win 4-0 against his side but nevertheless i did but it was short lived as in the next game we got beat by coventry 2-0.

I thought our impressive form was just going to come to an end because of this result but we got back on track in the next game.

Playoff chasing blackburn next and we seen them off very easily and beat them 3-0 with korzym grabbing 2 goals and beattie scoring the 3rd.

Korzym was later named as man of match for his outstanding performance in midfield which guided my team to victory.

A repeat of last game next just different scorers as we won 3-0 again this time against struggling side swindon.

With no beattie due to injury it was time to give young andrew fowler a debut and after 26 minutes he made his mark and scored the first to take us into the lead.

Osman then grabbed a 2nd just after the 2nd half kick off and cahill managed to score a lucky 90th minute goal.

FA cup game next and it was against saeeds millwall.

This was our time to get revenge after being outplayed when we met in the league.

We did just that and beat saeed's millwall 4-1 to progress to the next round of the FA cup where we meet wolves.

Osman, Beattie, Cahill and andrew fowler all on the scoresheet which was very pleasing to see.

Andrew fowler scoring again after being brought on as a sub.

A game which i feel my side should of won next but nevertheless doncaster played a good game and had a fair few shots.

With us going 1 up thanks to freier in the 4th minute i thought it was going to be a plain sailing game but i was wrong.

Doncaster determined to beat us played some extremely decent football and equalised in the 14th minute.

Commons and fowler were then to be taken off due to minor injuries which helped doncaster a little.

2nd half kicks off and they then take the lead but on the 62nd minute rossi scores to even things up.

But for me the 68th minute was the key moment in the game when doncaster are awarded a penalty but luck is on our side and he sky's it over the crossbar to keep the final score at 2-2.

What a game to end the session on now as we had to face extremely deadly opposition Fulham who had only lost 3 games in the whole season so far and sat firmly at the top of the table.

Going into the game nervous it showed as we found ourselves 1 down at half time. But after a few changes we managed to turn it around and beat them 2-1 with the help of a 90th minute penalty decision.

I couldnt believe my eyes and it was just as tense as a playoff final.

After this win it seen us move into 6th place being 4 points clear of 7th which at this moment in time was a pretty good position to be in.

With a few new guys coming to everton within the next few weeks im hoping that they can fit into my on form side no problem.

One thing for sure i do know though is that if we continue this form we could be heading for the premiership in my first season managing Everton.

Reports to follow after the sessions have been played this week but thats it for now icon_smile.gif

Board are finally happy with Evertons league position as they continue their great run

So in tonights session we moved from 6th place into my target position 2nd with games in hands over most of the promotion contenders.

With rossi becoming injured in tonights session i thought everything was going to go tits up but luckily it didnt as we continue our fight for promotion to the premiership.

Is going to be hard keeping our top defender zander diamond unless we are to get promoted so i also want to get back into top league football for him so that he's happy just like the rest of the players.

So with the harder games out of the way and a few easier ones to come in tonights session i was hoping that we could keep our heads up and win them.

Here is how all the games went tonight........

Everton 2-1 Wolves (FA Cup 4th Round)

Scorers: Tim Cahill, James Beattie

A good confident performance from my team in this game as i overcame my fears against my bogey side Wolves. This seen us through into the 5th round of the FA Cup where we will meet Swindon. Paul Freier got man of match after a superb display in midfield.

Derby 0-1 Everton

Scorers: Guiseppe Rossi

A rather quiet game this one and up until the goal on 38 minutes it could of gone either way. But the 2nd half came and chance after chance we squandered. One player inparticular didnt have a very good game and this was lukas dosek as he came on to replace injured commons then got injured in the last minutes of the game himself.

Everton 2-1 Walsall

Scorers: Maciej Korzym (2)

Every now and again korzym has the odd game where he shines in it and this was one of them. A good performance which shouldnt of really seen walsall score in the way that they did. A rather sloppy piece of defending put me on edge for the closing minutes of the game but we held on to the win. Korzym got man of match which he fully deserved.

Sheff Weds 1-2 Everton

Scorers: James Beattie (2)

A 2nd game this was where we bounce back after being 1 down. After starting off with most of the possession sheff weds had their first attempt at our goal and scored. We then stepped up a gear as we seem to be good at doing lately and managed to win.

Reading 2-5 Everton

Scorers: Keith Commons (2), Paul Freier, James Beattie (2, 1 pen)

A result i didnt expect next and yet again we bounced back after being 1 down early in the game. A spirited 2nd half performance by most of the players gave me a win to remember. James Beattie getting man of the match.

Everton 4-0 Preston (Freds Assistant)

Scorers: Osman, James Beattie (2), Ciurlizza

Again we dominated the possession and it showed. Preston just couldnt handle beattie and as a result he and a few other of my players were able to run rings around them. Even ciurlizza managed to score who aint really used to netting any and later got man of match award for his efforts.

Everton 2-0 Swindon (FA Cup 5th Round)

Scorers: Beattie, Osman

Well what can i say into the FA Cup quarter final for the first time in the clan. Could of won by 3 goals but a penalty was saved in style by swindons keeper. Thats about the only thing that stopped us from getting even more goals. An excellent display by their keeper but still with beattie on the form he's currently on he managed to squeeze a goal past him.

A real good session tonight and i cant really expect any more from my team. Currently in 2nd place which was my aim. Who would of thought that my side started off very rocky at the start of the season sitting in a very disappointing 16th position but after a few tactical changes and a few newcomers to the line up we are now not giving anyone a chance. My only hope is that it can keep up as the last 10 games are not long away now.

We will just have to see...............

Spurs find some form on managers return

After a great first 5 games of the season where we topped the table i had to miss 4 sessions worth of playing time. It was left to Louis Van Gaal to look after the team.

In fairness he did very well, when i came back i found us in 6th place with 2 games in hand of the above teams, in the semi's of the league cup as well. So it was my turn now to turn the screw and attempt to get 3rd place behind runaway leaders Chelsea and Arsenal.

Ipswich 1-1 Spurs FA Cup 4th Rd

I needed to start well as i had Mike's Ipswich in the FA Cup as my first game back. It was a tight game and we scrapped a 1-1 draw that was slightly fortunate for me.

West Ham 0-4 Spurs League Cup Semi 2nd leg

After Loius' good 3-1 first leg win we were hoping to reach another Cup Final. The boys turned on the style with a comprehensive win over Razor's West Ham. 7-1 the agg score as we meet Chelsea in the final.

Man Utd 0-2 Spurs

Confidence was high after reaching the League Cup final the game before and it showed as we put in an amazing performance to win at Old Trafford. Super performance form the Spurs team.

Spurs 3-0 Ipswich FA Cup replay

If we were lucky in the first leg, Mike was lucky in this leg not to lose by more. We dominated and showed are class but were denied by some great goalkeeping and some missed chances.

Liverpool 0-6 Spurs

What a performance! On this form no one could have lived with us. The shooting practice against Ipswich paid off as we took our chances and thrashed one of the best teams in the league. A wonderful performance by Spurs as other teams around us falter as well to take us up to 4th, 4 pts behind but with 2 games in hand.

Spurs 3-0 West Ham

Another visit of West Ham in the league this time. A slightly weakened team did the job though with a solid win.

Stoke 1-3 Spurs FA Cup 5th rd

A tough task and with a 2nd XI out i feared a shock. But after going 1-0 down we turned it around in style.

7 Games 6 Wins 1 Draw Goals for 24 Against 2

A great comeback session as we try to overhaul both the Northern Vultures. 1 down 1 to go.

so 5th season is over in fmelc and i just missed out on getting promoted to the premiership after an entertaining playoff final against mikes ipswich side.

Well done to stevey for getting in europe for 2nd season in a row, aida for staying up, mike for going up aswell as the superb job nick done at sheff utd to get them up into the premiership.

Also you will be delighted to hear razor your west ham side stayed up so well done on that icon_smile.gif and not a bad last season for you jimmy wish you all the best.

My season wasnt disastrous i done well first season in charge. Unlucky saeed for just missing out on the playoffs and harsh tony for getting sacked then relegated with your new club.

Anyway the 6th season will begin on monday all being well good luck to everyone hope its a better one for you all.

Reports, my end of season review and possibly tables to be posted soon.................

Remember all your reports guys because some of you aint been doing them lately, have a good weekend and speak to you all monday session.

Also fred your assistant just managed to avoid the drop to league one icon_smile.gif

The Road is Long

Well another season has finished and it has been a mixed bag this year at St Andrews. After a good start to the season we looked good for a fourth finish and a place in the Champions League. Unfortunatly, it wasn't to be. Aproaching christmas we were showing signs of tiredness. Seeing the players hit a wall so early in the season was frustrating, i knew the scond half of the season was going to be a long grind. Also, our star man Yakubu left the club through the January window. Chelsea had been sniffing around him for months and we had rejected one bid of 17 million. The old minimum fee release clause came into action when they bidded 18.75million, the battle to keep him was over. Having lost Yakubu we needed to fill the hole he had left and we spent 10 million (first bit of money spent in four season) on Mirko Vucinic, a strong powerful forward. Only time would tell if he can fill Yaks boots.

The signs of tiredness started to show big time through the months of January and Febuary. We just couldn't keep any consistency going, europe was taking its toll on the team. On top of that the goals dried up too. It became apparent that new 10 million pound man Vucinic was going to be taking his time to settle in. A very slow start for him and some terrible performances from the team made us slip slowly down the table. The battle for 6th was now on.

On a brighter side, our european adventure had been releativly successful. We had managed to get to the quarter finals only to be knocked out 3-2 on agg by the mighty Real Madrid.

So as the season came to its end we scrapped and battled and managed to clinch that 6th spot. Another long season had finished and we could reflect on the season.

Reviews and previews to come.

This was my first full season in clan, and a really good one too. Apart the fact i got promoted to Premiership i got to admit that the whole season was stressy, was a great battle for the 2nd place between me and Lee's solid Everton side, battle which got settled only on the last fixture of the season - same amount of points, better goal difference for me. That 8-1 vs Cardiff came handy after all...

The rest of EC sides :

Lee's Everton - Great squad, ul that u didnt make it to prem, im sure that next year u gonna get promoted after winning the league icon_wink.gif

Mike's Ipsich - Although imo Lee's Everton was a bit better ur promotion is definatelly well deserved after that impressive run u had in the last 3rd of the season and of course by beating Lee in the PL final, really gj m8, congrats and best of luck in Prem.

Saeed's Millwall - Another strong side, if im not mistaken u missed pl place just for 2 points, u deserve better, ul m8

Fred's Preston - didnt pay much attention since he wasnt logged on the last 2 sessions

Tony's Swindon - Would be really great if u could keep them in EC but it was definatelly a very tough job to do and since u joined them in midseason made it even more tough, hope next season will be alot better for u.

Premier Sides - sry wasnt paying any attention, was too busy and stressed with EC and promotion icon_smile.gif

Am i forgetting someone?

Report to follow, Lee could u load again before work m8? icon_smile.gif

Cheers

High Expectations

So after the Baggies getting promoted to the Premiership, they faced a tough battle to survive the drop. Fortunately they did exactly that, but not only beating the drop, theymanaged to finish in 9th place, an unbelievable season for the Baggies, one that many fans still cant believe actually happened. This 9th place qualified the Baggies for a European competition, and gave them some financial stability for the first time in 4 seasons. After thsi very impressive position, the expectations for next season from the board was to pretty much finish mid-table again. However the fans had decided that the Baggies shouldn't be aiming for mid-table, they thought that they should be in the top 10. The pressure was on the manager Connolly form the start of the season.

The season didn't start brilliantly, going 6 games without a win, or even a goal. Things were not looking good for the Boss in the first half of the season, with his team flirting with the relgation zone, the board were starting to get disappointed with Connolly's performance as manager, and the fans had created a group to protest Connolly's management of the club. However in the second half of the season, the true spirit of the Baggies shone through, the team were now fighting for points in every game. WBA slowly managed to climb away from the relegation zone, the board were becoming happy again, but the fans were still upset with the management at the club. Even wins against Man Utd and Chelsea couldn't satisfy them. The Baggies went on some decent runs leading up to the end of the season, giving them the chance to finish in a possible 9th place for the second season running. However for this to happen results needed to go Connolly's way, and his team needed to win. Of course with Connolly's history of final day matches, no-one expected them to reach 9th place, and just as expected they didn't icon_frown.gif The Baggies finsihed in 11th, pleasing the board but not the fans.

The media are spreading rumours that Connolly's job is in the balance, and they have said that the board will decide before the next whether they will stick with Connolly, or sharethe fans view that a new manager is needed to bring a fresh approach to the club.

Connolly has underlined his determination to stay with the club after stating that he wants to sign a new contract extending his current one for a further 2 years.

So after 2 seemingly succesful seasons for a club recently promoted, 9th and 11th place in one the best leagues in Europe, is not good enough for the Baggies faithful. If Connolly is kept on at the club, he's going to have to perform in a season that will be seen as his last chance to win back the WBA supporters.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Auspex:

Report to follow, Lee could u load again before work m8? icon_smile.gif

Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can do mate just at the moment i cant sign into msn when and if i can before i leave for work i'll stick game up for you and for anyone else that needs it up icon_smile.gif

are boro making any progress

the question in the gazette tonight is are boro making any real progress under manager murphy?

european football has been achieved in each of the last 3 years, good cup runs have followed too, but has there been any progress? if it is just a question of silverware, then charity sheld asside the answer has to be no. however when put to the fans, the answer is a resounding yes. lets see why:

mr toner now you have came down from on high for a minute can you tell us why your beloved boro are improving ' well it sweet man, all these european trips mean i get to go to schipol airport more often, i can nip onto the tram and be in a cafe having a long smoke inside 2 hours and still have time to get back for the connecting fligh icon_cool.gif' erm right thanks for that. lets move onto ex boro manager steve mclaren to see what he thinks' well its fantastic, the boys were brilliant again, fantastic brilliant fantastic' oh dear his record seems to be stuck in post match interview mode.

lets ask the man himself, simon how do you see boro's progress during your 5 seasons at the club ' to be honest, the club i joined and the club i run now are two completely different beasts, the expectations when i arrived were mid table respectability, now our aim has to be top 4 finishes every season. this we are now doing, this last season for example was the first time boro have qualified for the champions league two seasons running. as i am sure every manager will testify, challenging for homours whilst competing in europe is a lot harder than challenging when your not. tiredness is a huge issue for teams in europe, and now boro have the squad to be able to do that'

so you believe that boro have progressed in your time there' damn right i do 40k+ stadium, over 30m in credit with transfer funds of 50m available, bear in mind we were up *@~t creek without a paddle 2 seasons ago with debts of 30m, how can anyone say we havent improved'

what are you wanting to do to go that step further and get major silverware? ' the squad is very strong in most areas, the main areas to build on are keeper and full back where cover isnt quite as strong as it could be, also if i can avoid early season missed sessions arsenal would not be a far ahead as they are now'

Everton to stay in division one as they fall at the last hurdle

After a season that started very miserable for both me and my players we managed to turn it around after around 12 games and move from 16th in divsion one upto 2nd place. But the end of the season approached and with sheffield united closing in on us it was looking like a fight to the finish with them to guarantee 2nd spot and it was.

With blackburn rovers in 7th place on the final day away i didnt really fancy my chances and my worst fears were met early in the 2nd half when a couple of my key players picked up injuries. Still we fought on but found ourselves 1-0 down when half time came.

Knowing that nicks sheffield united side were winning comfortably against wigan at half time i really needed to pull something magical out of the bag.

I took a gamble and brought on youth player paul hopkins and what do you know he scored and put us level and back in the game but with little precious time left in the game it still just wasnt enough and when paul hopkins was sent off in the 80th minute that ended our hopes of clinching 2nd place and we conceeded it to nicks side.

Both of our teams ending on exactly the same points just towards the end of the season my players wasnt scoring as many as they had been and nicks side took advantage hammering cardiff 8-1 a few games towards the end. If it wasnt for nick getting this result it could of been a much different story but it wasnt to be and after losing in the playoff finals 3-1 to mike it was time to look back and think where it all went wrong.

I've had some good memories in this season and i will not forget it. All my players played top quality football more than 70% of the season and didnt let me down i just got unlucky.

Too be honest i couldnt really put my team at fault and im really excited about this forthcoming season with the possibility of signing a few quality players and the board expectations only to achieve a respectable league position im in my element.

With my job secure for this coming season unless something drastic happens it aint a worry now like it was last season. The only worry is my extremely large wage budget but if i can get some of my shitter players to play for less then i will be sorted.

So with last season out the way its time to think upon targets to set. All i can assure the rest of the divison one sides is that i will be up there and challenging for first place so watch out icon_smile.gif.

Will be good to see how some of my youth players like neil knight and paul hopkins will play this season but who knows until the season starts so until then thats it.

My Season review and predictions for the coming season to follow very soon..............

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by commuter:

will post predictions for next season on monday, off to edinburgh to run the marathon now, see monday (if i have finished by then) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remember they wont allow you to take your walking stick with you for the marathon icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by commuter:

will post predictions for next season on monday, off to edinburgh to run the marathon now, see monday (if i have finished by then) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

goood luck in that dude, enjoy every mile of it icon_wink.gif

hi all from sunny and hot greece,

so it looks like i stayed up (any chance of seeing a table lee please),

gonna be hard to stay up next year as i am not there for pre-season.

hope you are all well, i should be online sometime wednesday night and play while the other half sorts out the dirty washing :-)

see you all soon

From a brown Razor

Okay heres my report for the sessions of week ending 10th June 2005.

Session: 6th June 2005

Transfer Listed Players: 2

Gavin Williams AM RLC Asking Price £20K (Player Requested Transfer)

Craig Fagan F LC Asking Price £50K

Results

L1 Huddersfield 0 - 0 Colchester

L1 Colchester 0 - 1 Barnsley

Barnsley Scorer: Neil Austin (pen 36)

L1 Colchester 1 - 1 Bradford City

Colchester Scorer: Njazi Kuqi (27)

Bradford City Scorer: Kevin Sanasy (90)

Injuries: Marcus Bean (Colchester) (45)

L1 Darlington 2 - 2 Colchester

Darlington Scorers: Lee Campbell (66) & Robert Talbot (90)

Colchester Scorer: Lee Taylor (59 & 62)

Injuries: John White (Colchester) (11)

L1 Colchester 3 - 1 Macclesfield

Colchester Scorers: Njazi Kuqi (68 & 86) & Lee Taylor (72)

Macclesfield Scorer: Paul Wotton (90)

L1 Tranmere 2 - 2 Colchester

Tranmere Scorers: Iain Hume (17) & Danny Carrington (90)

Colchester Scorers: Njazi Kuqi (33) & Gavin Williams (71)

Injuries: Njazi Kuqi (Colchester) (69)

L1 Colchester 0 - 0 Luton

Position at end of session: 17th

Session: 7th June 2005

Transfer Listed Players: 1

Karl Duguid AM R Asking Price £35K

Transfers Out: 1

Kandja Loic Lumbilla AM/F C Accrington £16K

Players Released: 1

Gareth Williams S C

Results

L1 Brentford 1 - 3 Colchester

Brentford Scorer: Jonathan (22)

Colchester Scorers: Thomas Butler (5), Neil Knight (72) & Njazi Kuqi (90)

L1 Colchester 1 - 1 Bury

Colchester Scorer: Neil Knight (61)

Bury Scorer: Lee Barnard (83)

L1 Brighton 2 - 0 Colchester

Brighton Scorer: Chris McPhee (64 & 90)

L1 Burnley 2 - 1 Colchester

Burnley Scorers: Christopher Eagles (8 & 70)

Colchester Scorer: Njazi Kuqi (87)

L1 Colchester 1 - 3 Plymouth

Colchester Scorer: Neil Knight (1)

Plymouth Scorers: Neil Mellor (5) & Marius Ebbers (23 & 34)

Breaking News!!!!!!

Colchester have sacked Manager Tony Hall, after weeks of poor results and a growth of unhappy players the board have decided to give Tony Hall the boot.

Breaking News!!!!!!!

Swindon have employed Manager Tony Hall in the hope he can save them from relegation from teh Championship.

Current Swindon Squad

Steve Simonsen GK

Tony Smith GK (Loan In)

James Lee-Matthews D RC

Sean O'Hanlon D RC

Kyle Lapham D LC

David Duke D/DM RL

Sean Gregan D/DM RC

Andy Dawson D/DM L

Jeff Whitley DM RC

Sam Williams DM C

Jermaine Wright M RLC

Grant Smith M LC

Shaun Derry M C

James Woodward M C

Robbie Foy AM RL

Matthew Etherington AM L

Gonzalo Antonio Romero AM/F RC

Scott Dobie F RC

Leon McKenzie F C

Rory Fallon S C

Christian Roberts S C

Transfers In: 1

Njazi Kuqi F C Colchester £425K

Results

EC Sheffield Wednesday 2 - 2 Swindon

Sheffield Wednesday Scorers: Christer George (1) & Tobias Grahn (37)

Swindon Scorer: Leon McKenzie (90 & 91)

Position at end of Session: 23rd

Session: 8th June 2005

Transfers In: 1

Scott Ryan D C Liverpool £190K (Arriving 2nd June 2009)

Results

EC Reading 3 - 0 Swindon

Reading Scorers: Andy Hughes (8 & 40) & Lloyd Owusu (74)

EC Swindon 0 - 2 Cardiff

Cardiff Scorer: Jobi McAnuff (19 & 21)

EC Nottingham Forest 3 - 0 Swindon

Nottingham Forest Scorers: Steve Kabba (11), Michael Stewart (69) & Vladimir Janocko (89)

EC Swindon 1 - 2 Everton

Swindon Scorer: Scott Dobie (pen 75)

Everton Scorers: James Beattie (2) & Giuseppe Rossi (78)

EC Man City 5 - 1 Swindon

Man City Scorers: Alessio Cerci (4 & 51), Joey Barton (19) & Juan Sebastian Veron (23 & 90)

Swindon Scorer: Rory Fallon (13)

EC Swindon 0 - 0 Q.P.R

Position at End of Session & Season: 23rd and Relegated to League One

Manager Comments

Ok this is one season I will want to forget. First time in my history of playing FM2005 tht I have been sacked from a club. Oh well Colchester can languish in League two for all I care. Now based from what I have experience with Swindon I have huge task to get them promoted back to The Championship and getting them to stay in The Championship.

Told you i'd post the tables for you here they are and for all others to see how the 5th season ended icon_smile.gif

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Premiership</pre>

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | C | Arsenal | | 38 | 29 | 8 | 1 | 86 | 21 | +65 | 95 |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Chelsea | | 38 | 25 | 8 | 5 | 70 | 25 | +45 | 83 |

| 3rd |Murphy | Middlesbrough | | 38 | 25 | 5 | 8 | 82 | 39 | +43 | 80 |

| 4th |Jimmy | Tottenham | | 38 | 23 | 8 | 7 | 76 | 38 | +38 | 77 |

| 5th | | Liverpool | | 38 | 21 | 9 | 8 | 62 | 39 | +23 | 72 |

| 6th |Stevey | Birmingham | | 38 | 20 | 6 | 12 | 70 | 44 | +26 | 66 |

| 7th | | Newcastle | | 38 | 16 | 15 | 7 | 60 | 43 | +17 | 63 |

| 8th | | Leeds | | 38 | 14 | 10 | 14 | 46 | 50 | -4 | 52 |

| 9th | | Man Utd | | 38 | 14 | 9 | 15 | 47 | 39 | +8 | 51 |

| 10th | | Norwich | | 38 | 13 | 10 | 15 | 52 | 54 | -2 | 49 |

| 11th |Aida | West Brom | | 38 | 15 | 3 | 20 | 62 | 59 | +3 | 48 |

| 12th | | Sunderland | | 38 | 13 | 9 | 16 | 40 | 50 | -10 | 48 |

| 13th | | Charlton | | 38 | 10 | 17 | 11 | 38 | 47 | -9 | 47 |

| 14th | | Southampton | | 38 | 11 | 13 | 14 | 40 | 49 | -9 | 46 |

| 15th | | Aston Villa | | 38 | 9 | 11 | 18 | 34 | 46 | -12 | 38 |

| 16th |Razor | West Ham | | 38 | 6 | 10 | 22 | 33 | 64 | -31 | 28 |

| 17th | | Bolton | | 38 | 5 | 13 | 20 | 24 | 63 | -39 | 28 |

| 18th | R | Portsmouth | | 38 | 5 | 11 | 22 | 31 | 86 | -55 | 26 |

| 19th | R | Leicester | | 38 | 5 | 10 | 23 | 25 | 69 | -44 | 25 |

| 20th | R | Crystal Palace | | 38 | 4 | 9 | 25 | 18 | 71 | -53 | 21 |

| | | | | | | | | | | | |

[/code]

Championship

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | C | Fulham | | 46 | 36 | 4 | 6 | 103 | 25 | +78 | 112 |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd |Nick | Sheff Utd | | 46 | 24 | 16 | 6 | 77 | 30 | +47 | 88 |

| 3rd |Lee | Everton | | 46 | 27 | 7 | 12 | 86 | 45 | +41 | 88 |

| 4th | P Mike| Ipswich | | 46 | 21 | 18 | 7 | 62 | 37 | +25 | 81 |

| 5th | | Nottm Forest | | 46 | 24 | 9 | 13 | 81 | 59 | +22 | 81 |

| 6th | | Hull | | 46 | 21 | 14 | 11 | 70 | 48 | +22 | 77 |

| 7th |Saeed | Millwall | | 46 | 22 | 9 | 15 | 69 | 49 | +20 | 75 |

| 8th | | Blackburn | | 46 | 20 | 14 | 12 | 63 | 38 | +25 | 74 |

| 9th | | Coventry | | 46 | 20 | 13 | 13 | 53 | 49 | +4 | 73 |

| 10th | | Cardiff | | 46 | 19 | 14 | 13 | 67 | 62 | +5 | 71 |

| 11th | | Reading | | 46 | 18 | 10 | 18 | 66 | 62 | +4 | 64 |

| 12th | | Man City | | 46 | 18 | 10 | 18 | 58 | 57 | +1 | 64 |

| 13th | | Derby | | 46 | 17 | 11 | 18 | 42 | 61 | -19 | 62 |

| 14th | | Watford | | 46 | 14 | 18 | 14 | 47 | 56 | -9 | 60 |

| 15th | | Q.P.R. | | 46 | 15 | 12 | 19 | 61 | 68 | -7 | 57 |

| 16th | | Sheff Wed | | 46 | 13 | 14 | 19 | 51 | 71 | -20 | 53 |

| 17th | | Wolves | | 46 | 11 | 16 | 19 | 50 | 61 | -11 | 49 |

| 18th | | Doncaster | | 46 | 11 | 16 | 19 | 54 | 72 | -18 | 49 |

| 19th | | Wigan | | 46 | 12 | 12 | 22 | 53 | 74 | -21 | 48 |

| 20th |Fred | Preston | | 46 | 11 | 12 | 23 | 44 | 63 | -19 | 45 |

| 21st | | Walsall | | 46 | 12 | 9 | 25 | 42 | 72 | -30 | 45 |

| 22nd | R | Blackpool | | 46 | 10 | 6 | 30 | 39 | 78 | -39 | 36 |

| 23rd | R Tony| Swindon | | 46 | 6 | 13 | 27 | 44 | 92 | -48 | 31 |

| 24th | R | Crewe | | 46 | 8 | 7 | 31 | 37 | 90 | -53 | 31 |

| | | | | | | | | | | | |

</pre>

So there you have it an end to another spectacular season. A full review by me and predictions to follow soon

Sheff Utd

Results

Sheff Utd - Southampton 0-1 (FA Cup)

Blackburn - Sheff Utd 0-0

Sheff Utd - Ipswich 1-1

Coventry - Sheff Utd 2-5

Doncaster - Sheff Utd 1-3

Sheff Utd - Crewe 2-0

Sheff Utd - Fulham 3-0

Derby - Sheff Utd 1-1

Sheff Utd - Walsall 2-0

Sheff Wed - Sheff Utd 2-2

Sheff Utd - Preston 2-0

Reading - Sheff Utd 1-1

Cardiff - Sheff Utd 1-8

Nottm Forest - Sheff Utd 3-2

Sheff Utd - Everton 1-1

Man City - Sheff Utd 0-4

Sheff Utd - QPR 3-0

Watford - Sheff Utd 1-0

Sheff Utd - Wigan 3-0

Future Transfers In :

Tomas Oravec (FC) - Sturm Graz - Free

Rudolf Urban (AMC) - Man City - Free

Jonas Troest (DC) - Silkeborg - Free

Russel Anderson (DC) - Norwich - Free

Daniel Agger (DC) - Brondby - Free

Karol Kisel (AMR) - AA Gent - Free

Transfers Out :

Etuhu (MC) - B. Jerusalem - 750k

Final League position :

2nd (EC)

46pld - 24w - 16d - 6l

Gf 77 - Ga 30 - Gd +47

Overwiev + Info

With a record of 10w 6d and 3l we made it to finish 2nd and avoid those tricky Playoffs, which was our ultimate goal. Board and fans clearly delighted, this seasons' performance exceeded their expectations as they were only asking me to invest in new players. As a sign of gratitude Sheff Utd president completed our training ground facilities improvement and apart that we got an expansion of Bramal Lane with the construction of 2.200 seats. I managed to sign some new organic to our roster but if Sheff Utd is to stay in the Premiership we definatelly need more (board and fans demand a tough battle to avoid relegation for this season). Plans have been made, all i need is to wait for the preseason to finish...there's a really hard and exciting season ahead and whole Sheffield United is really looking forward to it

Cu on Monday icon_smile.gif

So here goes for my season 5 review and predictions for the coming season.

Me - Everton

Start off with me might aswell a pretty decent first season in charge which seen the challenge for 2nd place go all the way to the end of the season. A Pretty disastrous start to the season which probably was part the reason why im still sitting in the championship for the coming season.

Had a pretty decent run in the FA Cup and unfourtunately lost in the playoff finals. Still we should be up near the top if not top this coming season with some quality tranfers

in the pipeline.

Jimmy Cale - Tottenham (Last season)

A pretty good last season for jimmy as he finally left fmelc. Won the league cup and got pretty far in the others still not what he would of wanted but it was just enough.

Simon Murphy - Middlesbrough

Another strong season for murphy's men qualifying for europe yet again. Done well in the champions league but just couldnt win it.

Will murphy ever win a cup? Who knows but after a couple seasons of getting far in each cup maybe this coming season could be the one for his team to finally get some silverware.

This season i reckon murphy's side will be up near the top as usual and progress into at least the quarter finals of the champions league well lets hope he does anyway.

Simon White - West Ham

His west ham side managed to stay in the premiership first season back in it finally even though it was down to his assistant for the last couple of weeks. Didnt really achieve much else but staying in the premiership will help his side financially and hopefully he will be looking to strengthen his squad.

This season i think a relegation scrap is going to be on the cards like the season just gone but i have every faith in simon whites ability to keep his team up again.

Stevey Toner - Birmingham

Dont know how stevey keeps doing it but again managed to get his birmingham side into a top 6 finish even though his star striker yakubu had to leave.

This season is gonna be much harder for stevey but with money to spend finally i can see him bringing in a lot of quality players which will hopefully improve his side even more.

Aida Connolly - West Brom

A slow start to the season for aida's side and were hovering around relegation for a lot of it but towards the end found some great form and finished in 9th place (i think).

I cant really see aida's side ever getting relegated from the premiership really it will always be around mid table finishes but im sure aida will be aiming for much more this coming season.

Mike Law - Ipswich

After beating me in the playoff finals season just gone it was a great season for mike. Like myself started off very badly but hit form around the same time my side did.

This season i think mikes got a lot of work to do if he wants to stay in the premiership. If no new quality players are brought in i could see mike's team going down.

Nick - Sheff Utd

Suprised me and a few other managers by turning sheff utd from a relegation side into a promotion chasing side in just 1 season.

A fantastic season for nick and was in the top 6 for most of the season. The last game of the season was the decider for 2nd place and due to nicks side not conceeding as much as mine nick got promoted into the premiership for the coming season.

This season i think nicks side has a pretty solid side just needs to bring in a few strikers that can score more and should stay up in the premiership.

Saeed - Millwall

Just missing out on the playoff's this time a little bit of a worse season for saeed but still not a too bad one giving him more time to sort his side out this coming season.

Should get in playoff's at least this season and i could see him going up as he has quite a few decent players.

Fred - Preston

Played about only 5 games with his club this season due to being away doing revision.

His assistant should keep him up this season but if fred returns then relegation is most probably on the cards.

Tony Hall - Swindon

A bit of a harsh season for tony his first full season in charge at colchester and his last.

Got sacked from colchester around 8 games away from the end game of the season then took the job of managing swindon and got relegated with them.

This season i'd expect tony to sort his swindon squad out fully and get rid of any garbage and should make a return to the championship.

Ant Banach - No Club

A great season ant had managing no one. Returning on monday rumoured to be taking a league one side.

So another season out the way good luck to all managers for season 6 icon_smile.gif

So season six is upon us. Here is a run down of season five and predictions for season six.

Simon, Middlesbrough

Simon had another good season and managed to clinch third. It was always going to be tough catching Arsenal as they only lost one game all season in the league (i think). Fairly decent run in the cups and in europe will have kept the fans happy to a degree but still no silverware. Si's under 18's also beat mine in the cup final so the future is looking bright too.

Prediction

Si corp need to back up their impressive squad with some trophies, everyone knows Stevey Gibson is the best chairman and most patient, Mr Murphy has to repay the faith giving in him. Top three and maybe a cup.

Jimmy, Tottenham

James and Spurs had a good end to the season and managed to grab 4th. Jimmys other commitments cost him as he had to miss sessions. With Jimmy being away he didnt manage to tie up some loose contracts which saw him loose about 4 important players. This was Jimmys last season in FMELC, thanks for the times Jim, its been cultural and emotional icon_smile.gif

Prediction N/A

Aida, West Brom

Aida managed to keep West Brom in the Premiership again and i guess he should be pleased with that, but I cant help but think that Aida could acheive so much more. Aida has some great players and i was a little shocked to see his team struggle early on in the season.

Prediction

Im going to say again that Aida has the potential to finish top seven and maybe qualify for europe. Again i think Aida could win a cup, maybe the league cup.

Simon (Razor) West Ham

Not the greatest season for Si's West Ham but Premiership survival was secured and thats what he will have wanted. Si missed a few sessions and had to hope his assistant could do the job, which he did. One thing i have worked out about Si's tactics is they are dirty icon_wink.gif Razor wins award for the dirtiest manager i have played. Well done on staying up.

Prediction

I think West Ham will be more comfortable this season, a mid table finish may be on the cards.

Nick, Sheff Utd

A great season for Sheff Utd and Nick. I tipped him last year for a playoff spot and he managed to go one better and gain automatic promotion at Lee's expense. A great run of form in the latter stages of the season witnessed his push up the table. Well done on promotion and good luck at staying in the Premiership.

Prediction

Its always hard to stay up after you first season promoted. Nick will need to bring in some experience if he is to stay up. Maybe a relegation battle or lower half of table.

Lee, Everton

Not the best of starts but a great end to the season pushed Lee into a automatic spot. Unfortuantly he lost his good form just at the wrong time and was pushed into third on goal difference. Lee had to go through the evil that is the playoffs and just his luck he lost.

Prediction

Lee has a good squad for the Championship but he must get off to a good start in the new season. I also think Lee might find it hard to keep some of his star players this season. A promotion charge is on the cards, top six.

Mike, Ipswich

Mike has finally gained promotion and probably in a season which he thought he wouldn't. Ipswich hovered around just outside the playoffs for most of the season. A great run of form in the final third saw Ipswich push into the playoffs. The pain of losing the final wasn't going to be with Mike this time as he beat Lee in the final.

Prediction

I think its going to be a intresting battle between Ipswich and Sheff Utd this season. They will both be battling for survival and when they meet each other both games will be six pointers. A relegation scrap is on the cards for Mike but hopefully his set pieces will keep him up icon_wink.gif

Saeed, Millwall

After a great performace last season, Millwall were a bit off colour this season. they didnt have a bad season but it could have been much better. Rumors are flying about that Saeed is going to rebuild his squad for the fourth coming season.

Prediction

Another chase for the playoffs and if things go his way even maybe a automatic slot. Free the weed dude icon_cool.gif

Tony, Colchester/Swindon

We are still to see the best of Tony's managerial abilities. The teams he has managed have struggled but in all fairness the teams he has controlled were a bit poor. Tony was sacked by Colchester and then took the reigns at Swindon, who were relegated. KUTGW Tony icon_wink.gif

Prediction

I think Tony has a good shot at coming straight back up but he might need to put his faith in other players and not just his favourite striker Njazi Kuqi. Promotion challanger.

Ant, Unemployed

Ant has been M.I.A and the last we heard he was goat herding in Sudan. Hope you safe bud and send me a card.

Prediction

Ants a wildchild, anything is possible.

Fred, Unemployed

Another player M.I.A. Last seen at a nambla convention.

So there you go folks.

Good luck to all in the new season icon14.gif

Aida, West Brom

aida steadily improved last season, after being in a relegation struggle most of the season, he pulled clear late on to push for intertoto place. the highlight for aida would have have to be the 5-2 away win at boro at a time when boro were playing well

Prediction

any team who can beat boro are a good team, to win 5-2 (admittedly a one off) was superb, aida will challenge for uefa spot this season final place 7th possible semi finalist in one of the cups

Simon (Razor) West Ham

simons assistant ensured his good work was not undone, staying up being the only target for the hammers especially as he was away on holiday

Prediction

another season of consolidation, for razor, who when he returns from holiday will be looking to the cups for a sniff of europe. final placing 12th, quarters of cups

Nick, Sheff Utd

nick was embroiled in a end of season battle with lee for the final automatic promotion spot and he sealed it on the final day, top marks for that

Prediction

premiership is a whole new league, and nicks sheffield utd look too weak to last the course at the minute. astute signings need making or championship beckons. final placing 18th relegated to last minute goal in final game. early exit form both cups as morale will be low

Lee, Everton

lee up to now has been consistent. consistently bad, last year he amazed everyone including himself when he had a good season. but as you all know, lee doesnt cope well at the top and managed to blow it on the final game and then fade in the play offs. ho hum lee's best season ever ended in let down

Prediction

whilst agreeing with stevey that everton have a good squad for the championship, he forgot one key point, lee is the manager icon_razz.gif, now everton will be expecting lee to have them near the top straight away and we all know lee wins fewer matches before christmas than the hours stevey can go without a joint, what will this mean, obvious really lee pack your bags mate time to move from merseyside, i understand plymouth will need a new manager by christmas

Mike, Ipswich

well done mike on finally getting promotion, thought you were george burley with all your near misses. good season for ipswich which will have all the yokels in east anglia revving their combine harvesters with glee

Prediction

mike is very astute in this game and even though ipswich are probably the weekest team in the premiership i think they will survive. final placing 16th cup runs not really

Saeed, Millwall

saeed has assembled a squad that on paper looks great, unfortunately saeeds weed has been so strong that his players have spent more time looking at the clouds than the opposition. under achieved last season big time

Prediction

saeed has eliminated most of his money worries this time round and has acquired so highly talented loan players from a mysterious corporation in the north of england. a strong season is on the cards and play offs have to be a target. final placing 5th and will go up through the play offs

Tony, Colchester/Swindon

tony had a hard job with colchester, after ignoring advice to look for a different job, he was left having to after colchester finally got rid of his services (unfairly in my opinion). tony then went to swindon who lets face it were doomed to relegation when he took over. dont think tony did badly last season, just he picked 2 poor clubs to manage

Prediction

the pressure will be on this season as swindon will expect to go straight back up (even though they have limited funds and a poor squad), tony will need to make good use of the loans system to save money if he does then play offs are on the cards. final prediction 8th just missing play offs

Ant, brighton

exam boy ant missed all last season, revising. now as a teacher i commend his commitment to his studies, as a clan member i say shame on you!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Prediction

ant has taken over brighton and he didnt even know he had, that says pretty much all you need to know about him, oblivious to most of what is going on, fireworks when he wakes up and realises his team is garbage. final placing bottom half at best possible relegation team

Fred, Unemployed

good luck with the exams and same to ant

stevey, birmingham

stevey did well last season, after looking like champions league place was within his grasp he managed to clinch final uefa place on the last day of the season. this is a great achievement as not many managers get their teams into europe 2 seasons in a row well done.

prediction

after acquiring half of europe on bosmans, stevey has a quality squad, however they will need time to settle and a wage bill of over 50m a season is putting a huge strain on the brummie finances. if stevey gets a good start and sells his unwanted players he should challenge for the champions league place. if not then the poor morale (caused due to the severe debt brum will be in in january) will cause his team to slide down to mid table and could signal the end for stevey at brum. i have faith in the lad from grove hill and his final league placing will be 5th (man u just to get 4th) and uefa semi at least

forgot boro

well we had another good year 3rd in the premier league clinched by comfortably beating the white heart lane whingers icon_biggrin.gif, quarter final of champions league, semi of fa cup and winning the charity shield, but it could have been so much more.

for this coming season i have signed vonlanthon, jannsen, and ewerton (although ewerton has since left to wba for 10+), and sold scott parker (30m to liverpool), bojinov (35m to chelsea) several reserves(including bertelsen, pearson etc) and am about to sell donovan to either man utd or real madrid for 40m

this new trimmed down squad means their is now space for the highly talented reserve and u19 team to get more first team experience. as well as aloowing boro to have a transfer kitty of 110m, to spend on some quality full backs and a midfielder.

now if injuries do not hit too hard, i expect boro to have their best season yet, 2nd place in the premiership is minimum for us, hopefully 1st, and a cup would look good on mr gibsons table, fa cup or champions league not fussed but their has to be some silvwerware this season

Rookie takes hot seat at White Heart Lane

Tottenham Hotspur's chairman yesterday introduced new manager Sean Bell to the media. Bell is a little known Scottish manager who has no real experience. The spurs chairman explained that although Bell had no experience he thought that he was the right man to lead the club forward and bring the glory days back to White Heart Lane.

Bell Stated "I feel that i am the right man for the job and i can bring the glory days back to the club. My first task will be to bring in some quality youngsters that will be good enough to bring success on the domestic and european fronts.

Is Bell the right man for the job, only time will tell.

Please read all members

Due to some sessions recently ending on a midnight finish rather than a usual time finish of 11 i've been thinking about extending wednesday session finish to midnight permenantly.

Please can all members let me know what they think and if no one has a problem with it then it will be taken into effect starting next weeks sessions icon_smile.gif

i'm sitting here waiting for the coach to pick me up and take me home.

I will be with you guys tonight, as soon as i drop off my cases in the front room.

12 o'clock finish is fine by me, although i will be knackered tonight as i am back at work tomorrow.

c u soon razor

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Boskki:

Rookie takes hot seat at White Heart Lane

Tottenham Hotspur's chairman yesterday introduced new manager Sean Bell to the media. Bell is a little known Scottish manager who has no real experience. The spurs chairman explained that although Bell had no experience he thought that he was the right man to lead the club forward and bring the glory days back to White Heart Lane.

Bell Stated "I feel that i am the right man for the job and i can bring the glory days back to the club. My first task will be to bring in some quality youngsters that will be good enough to bring success on the domestic and european fronts.

Is Bell the right man for the job, only time will tell. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good luck icon14.gif

You have a great squad so ill be expecting big things icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by razor123:

12 o'clock finish is fine by me, although i will be knackered tonight as i am back at work tomorrow.

c u soon razor </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 12 finish on wednesdays wont start until next week's sessions so will finish usual time of 11 tonight. Hope you had a good holiday mate and as where your west ham are at the moment early on in the league i think they will be releaved to have you back icon_smile.gif

One more thing if the 12 finish on wednesdays does happen then mondays and tuesdays session will then no longer be extended to 12 for any days like that have been recently icon_smile.gif

Ipswich get off to great start.

After taking Ipsich Town into the premiership through the playoffs last season, Mike Law face's his toughest challenage yet. As underdogs even to get into the playoffs last season, Law now has the hard task off keeping Ipswich in the permiership and with the right signings, hard work and a lot of luck Law believes his team can avoid the drop.

With an above average champonship side Law needs to bring in a lot of new faces. But with only 1.6mill deemed by the board to be enough to bring in qulity new players, most will have to come in on free transfers. On the up side the new wage bill was a lot better, going up from £130,000 to £400,000 per week.

transfers In

Hugo Viana from Man City for Free

Michael Jakobsen from Sturm Graz for Free

Darren Charles - Free Transfer

Paul Hall - Free Transfer

Paul Wilkinson - Free Transfer

Paul Savage from Notts Co for £10k

Lee Brown from Cardiff for £28k

Fabrice Fernandes - Free Transfer

Florent Sinama-Pongolle - Free Transfer

Darren Reaney - Free Transfer

Callum Woods - Free Transfer

Ederson - Free Transfer

Scott Cook - Free Transfer

Mark Noble - Free Transfer

Ian Ross - Free Transfer

Ian Moran - Free Transfer

Lukas Dosek from Everton for free

Mark James from Cardiff for Free

Anthony Stokes from Shamrock Rovers for £90k

Simone Perrotta - Free Transfer

Chris Riggott from Boro for £800k

transfers Out

Jay Bothroyd to Wolves for Free

Richard Naylor to walsall for Free

Matt Richards to Doncaster for Free

Andrew Cunningham - Free Transfer

Stuart Ainsley - Free Transfer

Now that the squad has been reinforced season six got under way.

Results

H. Southampton 0.0

A. Man Utd 3.3

A. Fulham 2.1 Loss

H. Middlesbrough 2.2

H. Arsenal 2.1 Win

A. Sunderland 2.0 Win

Carling Cup H. Hartlepool 2.1 Win

H. Birmingham 4.3 Loss

A. Liverpool 4.0 Loss

A. Charlton 3.0 Win

H. West Brom 0.0

A. Leeds 3.0 Loss

Carling Cup H. Middlesbrough 4.0 Win

These results put Ipswich in 14th, so looking good so far icon_cool.gif

It has been an eternity since my last report and i put my hands in admitting I have been slack! Sorry lads too much greenery. What follows is season 5 in a nutshell and hope it makes decent reading.

Season 5 Review

Well what can I say, it was not my best of seasons and not my worst at the same time. Had ups and downs (more downs than ups) with the highlights being giving lee a good beating at goodison park and being thrashed by mike's ipwish at portman road.

Season started moderately with couple of wins and draws, but few months before xmas the LIONTAMER had to adhere to urgent family matters and hand the reigns temporarily to my Portugese assistant Alberto Lopes. Bad performances were to go unpunished and the lions slipped to mid table obscurity.

Have no fear the gaffer makes it back to find a big mess (player mutiny and loss in confidence) and yet somehow manages to whip the lads into more consistency. Was always gonna be a struggle to get the team morale back on track and if only the season was a couple games longer i might have sneaked playoff position. Not to be though and I finished a respectable 7th position well witihin the board and fans expectations. That reminds me that my board have been gold! They injected 3.3 million into the club throughout the season in 2 lots because of the crippling financial situation my huge spree of 35 free signings left me in.

The Liontamer was hugely dismayed at not making the playoffs and not achieveing his personal ambition of the bigtime premiership lucrative appeal. A long holiday off the pressures and dissappointment of season 5 left the gaffer having sleepless nights over where the root of the problem and how the club would move forward. Extreme actions needed to be taken and the end product of all that thought and planning will be fully disclosed in next report along with the sqaud and transfer details for season 6.

Mind the gap!

early cup exit, but boro on the march in the league

well what a week for boro, after taking the players sales to £220m during the last 15 months boro decided to splash the cash for a change.

3 top qaulity players have been signed, left back adriano(for a club record 15m), a right back and an attacking right midfielder. together with another top fullback who can cover both left and right sides and the defensive menace of walter samuel, both have dug deep into their funds, spending just under 45m this season. but boy have they repaid the faith.

boro sit comfortably on top of the premiership with games in hand over most of our rivals, indeed reigning champions arsenal are 4 points back having played 2 games more (chelsea just behind them and man utd in 19th)

with progress in the champions league looking likely, boro are looking to have a great season.

well done to mike for knocking boro out of the league cup(shame you missed the game).

boro must aim for silverware this season although with only 3 sessions available before i dissapear for a week, it could be down to my assistant to seal any glory

Okay heres my team report cover the sessions for the week ending 17th June 2005.

Session: 13th June 2005

Transfers out: 3

Matthew Etherington AM L - Derby - Free

Andy Dawson D/DM L - York - £14K

Steve Simonsen GK - Leganes - £16K

Transfers In: 3

Radek Cerny GK - Nottingham Forrest - Free

Brynjar Gunnarsson DM C - Watford - Free

Steffen Hofmann AM RC - Millwall - Free

Players on Transfer List: 2

Sean Gregan D/DM RC Asking Price: £4K

Leon McKenzie F C Asking Price: £60K

Loans Out: 2

Ian Sharps D C - Wycombe - 3 Months

Sean Gregan D/DM RL - Port Vale - 3 Months

Staff Out: 1

Mick Harford Assistant Manager - West Brom

Staff In: 1

Olexandr Zavarov Assistant - Free Agent

Results

L1 Burnley 1 - 1 Swindon

Burnley Scorer: Christopher Eagles (58)

Swindon Scorer: Brynjar Gunnarsson (24)

Red Cards: Jeff Whitley (Swindon) (64)

L1 Swindon 1 - 1 Exeter

Swindon Scorer: Rory Fallon (90)

Exeter Scorer: David Fox (8)

L1 Swindon 3 - 2 Luton

Swindon Scorers: Jermaine Wright (48) & Brynjar Gunnarsson (61 & 63)

Luton Scorers: Martin Richardson (38) & Chris Spencer (80)

Injuries: Grant Smith (Swindon) (31)

L1 Oldham 2 - 3 Swindon

Oldham Scorers: Pedro Mendes (8) & Kevin Betsy (77)

Swindon Scorers: Njazi Kuqi (2), James Lee Matthews (24) & Christian Roberts (88)

Position at end of session: 7th

Session: 14th June 2005

Loans In: 1

Matt Hill S C - Everton - End of Season

Results

LC L1 Swindon 1 - 2 Coventry EC AET

Swindon Scorer: Njazi Kuqi (56)

Coventry Scorers: Aliou Cisse (77) & Gylfi Einarsson (97)

L1 Swindon 1 - 1 Brighton

Swindon Scorer: Njazi Kuqi (84)

Brighton Scorer: Lee Taylor (90)

Red Cards: Nuno Morias (Brighton) (83)

L1 Darlington 1 - 0 Swindon

Darlington Scorer: Danny Graham (35)

L1 Swindon 1 - 1 Macclesfield

Swindon Scorer: Jermaine Wright (6)

Macclesfield Scorer: Alan Cooke (40)

L1 Swansea 0 - 0 Swindon

Position at end of session: 12th

Session: 15th June 2005

Players Out: 2

Robbie Foy AM RL - Barnsley - £85K

Jermaine Wright M RLC - Chesterfield - £55K

Players In: 2

Stuart Campbell AM C - Rangers - £30K (Arrives 1st January 2010)

Levi Porter AM RC - Leicester - £35K

Loans Out: 1

Leigh Henry D C - Weston-Super-Mare - 3 Months

Results

LDV Swindon 2 - 2 Exeter

Swindon Scorers: Ian Dunbavin Own Goal (73) & Steffen Hofmann (95)

Exeter Scorers: Liam Kelly (26) & Darryn Stamp (113)

Swindon win 3-1 on Penalties

L1 Swindon 2 - 0 York

Swindon Scorers: Scott Dobie (2) & Matt Hill (65)

L1 Swindon 2 - 1 Northampton

Swindon Scorer: Steffen Hofmann (58 & 90)

Northampton Scorer: Neil Walsh (84)

L1 Oxford 0 - 2 Swindon

Swindon Scorers: Grant Smith (85) & Sheun Derry (89)

L1 Bournemouth 1 - 4 Swindon

Bournemouth Scorer: Stephen White (53)

Swindon Scorers: Scott Dobie (7), David Duke (19) & Njazi Kuqi (47 & 66)

L1 Swindon 0 - 0 Barnsley

Position at end of session: 5th

Manager Comments

Ok thats a very good start for my new Swindon side which is slowly but surely taking shape for our campaign to get back into the Championship. I've got them to 5th and in a playoff spot but I am not going to settle for that, I'm going to fight hard for either 1st or 2nd in League One.

i know razor, its like having lee take over icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats harsh on poor old lee.. Everton are the right team for him i think and I believe he can steer them up the ladders.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by uaetalyani:

i know razor, its like having lee take over icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats harsh on poor old lee.. Everton are the right team for him i think and I believe he can steer them up the ladders. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lee was the same in the old game, takes him 5 to 6 seasons to warm up then he improves, he is doing ok with everton (just wouldn't want him as my assistant icon_razz.gif)

Always harsh on me icon_frown.gif. Oh well i will rise uppon your stupid little comments and not let them effect me as i battle on to go up from the championship icon_smile.gif.

My reports to be done on sunday when i aint working

hi,

i was a member of this clan in the earlyish days pre-FM. i have looked at your website but can't see how to go on your waiting lists as im interested in re-joining and taking over at Southampton again so thought i'd post here, not sure if right place though.

nice to see the clan still going strong with quite a few members still left from when i was last playing in the clan.

i like my describtion in the memebr history section on the site

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Old member was the only other one that ever lived in the same place as me aswell. Done a disappearing act though and never heard from since. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> icon_biggrin.gif

Nice to hear from you mate wondered where you went icon_rolleyes.gif.

Once and if a place comes available mate you can have it by all means just get in contact with me on msn (mines in my profile).

That member history page also was just a page i done when i got bored icon_smile.gif.

Also try signing upto our website and posting on or forum if ya want mate but you will be moved to top of waiting list

Hope all is good and glad to hear from ya again icon_smile.gif

Archived